• future hatter :P

Smile a little help please

[smilie=3,17,17]first post on here[smilie=3,17,17]

o.k. so my school is planing on going on feb.17 and i have some questions for yall that go to the park often and maybe even the ones that dont go so often. we will be going for only 1 day and i will be paying $75 (not counting my friends tickets and food and other stuff). theres three of us and one of my friends has never been to DL before .

question #1: how are the crowds in feb. usually? is it any thing like summer or is it considered off season? BTW feb. 17th is a friday.

question#2: i will be going with some one who has never been to a disney park ever in her life what would you suggest doing?

question#3: is it possible to see RDCT at 9:25 in front of the photoshop on main St. and then run over and get a front and center seat to see Fantasmic! at 10:30? ( please explain how to get there)

question#4: since both of us are teenagers and dont have a job were going to be on a small budget. do you have any money saving tips on food and stuff?

question#5: (this is going back to question#1) since this year is the first year my school is going to DL i dont know what time we will get there and what time we will leave so around what time do people start getting into DL and what time does it start to get empty?

question#6: is it possible to get the lion king show stop and pinocchio show stop (PoD) in the same spot along the parade route at the night time parade?

question#7: where is the best place to sit/stand for F! and RDCT(other than right in front of the castle but still on main St.)( remember question #3!)?

question#8: how is the weather during feb?

question#9: its going to be my friends b-day a day or two after we go. can you do anything other than get the sticker that they give you for your bday?

thanks for your tips

hope to see you at DL

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Re: a little help please

question #1: how are the crowds in feb. usually? is it any thing like summer or is it considered off season? BTW feb. 17th is a friday.
    Febuary is usually pretty sedate, but judging by the fact that Disneyland has been packing them in, I predict a pretty crowded Friday.

question#2: i will be going with some one who has never been to a disney park ever in her life what would you suggest doing?
    I recommend letting them figure the park out for themselves, don't give anything away about the rides or anything. You'll get a kick out of seeing how excited they get about some things (especially the fireworks).

question#3: is it possible to see RDCT at 9:25 in front of the photoshop on main St. and then run over and get a front and center seat to see Fantasmic! at 10:30? ( please explain how to get there)
    I would have to say, no, unless you can fly. The hub will be jampacked at this time, and getting through is virtually impossible. It will take a bit to negotiate the crowds, and by the time you do get over there people will have already staked claim to the best spots. However, the best way to go would be through Fronteirland, it has wider paths then Adventureland and should be easier to get through more quickly.

question#4: since both of us are teenagers and dont have a job were going to be on a small budget. do you have any money saving tips on food and stuff?
    I know what your talking about, being a teenager myself. First off, don't blow all your money on something stupid. Souveneirs are great, but not worth the price in my opinion. Food in DL is delicious, but quite expensive. I recommend going to the Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country, if you like burgers. You'll need about 10 bucks each to eat there, and it's pretty fun feeding the ducks in the Rivers of America, get a table on the lower level next to the water.

question#5: (this is going back to question#1) since this year is the first year my school is going to DL i dont know what time we will get there and what time we will leave so around what time do people start getting into DL and what time does it start to get empty?
    DL begins to really fill up around 10 AM, and the crowds don't begin to thin until about 10:30 PM.

question#6: is it possible to get the lion king show stop and pinocchio show stop (PoD) in the same spot along the parade route at the night time parade?
    This I don't know, the parade is rather good, but also quite short. And the song that goes along with it will get stuck in your head (something about family time).

question#7: where is the best place to sit/stand for F! and RDCT(other than right in front of the castle but still on main St.)( remember question #3!)?
    Well, get nearest to entrance to Frontierland, but without any trees in your way. This way you'll probably be able to stake a pretty good spot, not front and centre, but pretty good.

Should be warm, it might rain though.

question#9: its going to be my friends b-day a day or two after we go. can you do anything other than get the sticker that they give you for your bday?
    Not paticularly. You can get a call from Goofy on some special phone, but thats pretty much it. The sticker is pretty cool though, because all the CM's wish you Happy Birthday, and you sometimes (only sometimes) get free desserts at restaurants.

Here's a few other tips to have a good time. First things first, get a Fastpass for a ride you really want to go on, do not wait. Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Indy all fill up very quickly, so get a Fastpass right away. Stick to a section of the park. Don't go from Big Thunder, to Space Mountain, to Indy, to Star Tours, to Splash Mountain. General rule of thumb for me, on really popular rides, if the line is less then 70 minutes, get in the Standby line. If it isn't, get a Fastpass or go on a ride that generally has a quick moving line (Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, or HM). Take a break in the middle of the day, don't be constantly running from ride to ride. There's this really nice place up in the Disney Gallery above Pirates where you can just sit and relax for a while. Here's a little common sense thing, but is sometimes not so obvious. If you have a fastpass for a ride that's standby line is empty, do not use your fastpass. From time to time Indy's line will empty out and you can use the standby line, then when you get off (by this time the standby line will be full again) use your fastpass.

Have a great time!

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: a little help please

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkid
    o.k. so my school is planing on going on feb.17 and i have some questions for yall that go to the park often and maybe even the ones that dont go so often. we will be going for only 1 day and i will be paying $75 (not counting my friends tickets and food and other stuff). theres three of us and one of my friends has never been to DL before .
    I assume the extra money pays for the bus, or chaperone admission, or something...
    One of the best months to go, crowd-wise; one of the worst closure-wise.
    Go counter-clockwise
    Yeah, it can be done -BUT- the trick is going to be moving RIGHT as the fireworks end, that means having your backpack on before the lights come up. The push of the crowd can be very hard to fight once they get going. Get to Coke Corner as fast as possible, and I mean IN the dining area, not in front of it. There's a set of steps at the back, takes you to all the ODV carts in front of Plaza Pavilion, where you can then exit towards Adventureland, which is where you'll need to go to enter the riverfront area (Frontierland becomes exit traffic from F!)

Your other option is to try and see RDCT from the train station, then catching the train to New Orleans Square station, but don't count on train timing.

Of course, this all depend on fireworks running, but I believe they will be.
    Like salad? Get the side salad at Plaza Inn for $4.

Two of you could conceivably split a side salad and a pasta dish at Pizza Port.

If you're allowed into DTD, the Po'Boy sandwiches at Brennan's take-out window are filling.

Best bet is to bring some filling food items with you for at least one meal, then splurge on the 2nd. If your folks are giving you money, don't let them try to make you survive on $20 all day - it's not exactly enough. $25 could give you some more wiggle room.

White Water snacks at the GCH is good. I recommend ordering the kids' meal cheeseburger, it comes with a drink (don't just fill a cup, you need to get the kids' cup from the cashier).
    If I had to venture a guess: too late, and too early for your school. DL's crowds are too hard to predict this year, as attendance patterns aren't being consistent with past history.
    Can't help you there.
    F!: anywhere with an unobstructed view of the island. Bear in mind there are three main show areas (3 mist screens). Divide accordingly.

RDCT: On Main Street, between Coke Corner and the Photo Shop - if you can figure out where they're likely to run the crossing ropes, get right behind that - more distance between you and the people in front of you (except all those people walking by)
    Cold. If you're lucky, raining. (No, seriously, then the park will be empty, but the trade-off is no fireworks)
    Plaza Inn does a birthday party thing for around $10/pp. Call ahead, not sure if you need ressies.
    thanks for your tips

hope to see you at DL
    yeah, no problem

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...