Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help! A question regarding Military Discount Passes

My entire family, (kids, grandkids) are going in a few weeks to Disneyland for a week. A friend of mine in the military offered to purchase the discounted military park-hopper passes for us. Will we be able to use them if he is not with us when we enter the park? I cannot seem to find out that information.
    Thanks for any help!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Please help! A question regarding Military Discount Passes

He can buy them for friends, but will need to go to the park with them(you).

That's what I thought. Thanks.

• DLR Softie

I assume that he would be buying them before hand for you?

By the letter of the law, the serviceman is supposed to be present when presenting the tickets for entry; however, I do also purchase military discounted tickets and have never been asked for ID or otherwise challenged when entering the park.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

Yes, he would be buying them for us on base here in Washington but would not be going to the park with us. As good as the deal is ($99.00 for an adult 3-day Park Hopper) we don't want to purchase them, get to the park and be told that he or a military person needs to be with us.

• Minion

Yes, you are supposed to be stopped at the first use of the discounted ticket. You will then exchange the printed paper for an actual Disneyland ticket for re-entry on the same/other days.

I have bought and used the military tickets (my husband is in the army) I did have to show my military id when changing my tickets in. so if he is not going with you I would say its probably better to not have him get them for you. hope you have a great trip!!!

• Minion

I have a friend who bought these for her family last year, and she did have to be there and present ID.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Sock Puppet

Ahh I miss those days of using the Military Tickets.

check with your friend and see if they can find out what is issued. the standard ticket that is sold at the moral and welfare office is an actual ticket and no id is required at the gate (these were also available to civilians that worked for the military). Disney had some special offers that were only available to military and dependents. I've never used these, but my understanding is that a voucher is issued and this needs to be exchanged at the ticket booth for the actual tickets and id is checked then.
    Last edited by gary94080; 01-24-2012 at 09:28 PM.

• socal native

We once ran into a problem a couple of years ago when the type of military discount limited the number of guests. Our friend purchased the tickets on the base. When we arrived to the park she had to present id and the tickets were only good for the military personnel who purchased the ticket and one "friend". Even though she had purchased additional tickets for friends, these were deemed invalid because the promotion only allowed one non-military person. (I don't recall the promotion's name) We ended up having to purchase a one day non-discounted ticket for the additional person. She then had to take the additional tickets back to the base to get her refund. We were directed to take care of this at guest services, not a ticket booth or a turnstile.

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

It depends on what type of discount you are taking advantage of. The 3-day hopper for 99$ sounds like the Disney Military Salute. That promotion is strictly for active duty/retired/disabled only and the one who purchased them must be entering the park with the group. You will get a print out sheet that must be exchanged at the park entrance for a Disneyland ticket and they will check for military ID.

However, there are also plain old "discount tickets" sold that I have bought for my extended family. Those look like regular Disneyland tickets. They have gone without me and never been asked for ID or anything. But these discounts are not nearly as good as the 99$/3day thing.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

A friend of mine is retired from the Air Force and bought the $99 3 day park hopper promotion tickets for him and his girlfriend last November and he DID have to show his military ID at the turnstile at first time use for him and girlfriend, but after that no ID was required. Make sure your military friend is with you otherwise I'm sure you'll have problems at the turnstile at first time use.

• Nerd

The person who purchased the tickets must be present the FIRST day the tickets are used.
    I just asked a ticket booth lead to whom I am married.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Discounts for Active and Retired U.S. Military | Disneyland Resort

The Disneyland Resort is saluting U.S. military personnel by offering 3-Day Park Hopper tickets for just $99 each, through September 28, 2012. That's a savings of 55%* off our ticket booth price!
    3-Day Park Hopper tickets may be purchased at participating U.S. military sales outlets by any eligible U.S. military personnel or their spouse for just $99. There is a 6 ticket limit during any single week of the promotion. No more than 12 tickets may be purchased, activated and/or used by any eligible U.S. military personnel or spouse during the life of this promotion.
    For information regarding Military Promotional Tickets or to make room reservations, military personnel may call (714) 956-6424 or contact participating U.S. military base ticket offices.

source: Tickets | U.S. Military Special Offers | Disneyland Resort
    Offer Details

Enjoy 3 days of magic! Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Tickets enable you to visit both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park on the same day.
    Up to 6 Disney Military Promotional Tickets can be purchased by any active or retired U.S. military personnel or spouse (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) for military members and their family and friends during any single week of the promotion. No more than 12 tickets may be purchase, activated or used by any eligible U.S. military personnel or spouse during the life of the promotion. Tickets may be purchased at participating U.S. military sales outlets.

* Savings based on the non-discounted price of an adult 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket sold at the Disneyland Resort ticket windows.
    Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased now through September 28, 2012 at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
    "Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard. The actual prices charged at U.S. military base ticket offices for Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be less than the prices set forth above. Participating military sales outlets will require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
    Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to show valid military identification, no later than September 30, 2012, in order for those Tickets to be used.
    No more than twelve (12) Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased, activated and/or used by any Eligible Service Member or spouse during the life of this promotion, and no Eligible Service Member or spouse may purchase, activate or use more than six (6) Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets during any single week of the promotion. One (1) of the Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets purchased on each occasion must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or spouse.
    Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be used ONLY by the Eligible Service Members, spouses, other family members or friends for whom they are purchased. In addition, a valid military ID may be required for admission. Ticket may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes.
    Disney Military Promotional Tickets expire and may not be used after September 30, 2012. Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for the Disneyland Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: July 1, 2011 through July 4, 2011, December 24, 2011 through January 2, 2012, February 17, 2012 through February 19, 2012, April 2, 2012 through April 14, 2012, and July 4, 2012 at the Disneyland Theme Parks. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Last edited by DLFreak71; 01-25-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast