Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1

    • Toad Hall
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    686

    New california screamin cars coming soon?

    Ok could disney have ordered new vehicles for screamin. I have good family friends in minnesota who own a plastic company who works with intamin. Intamin said their was a order for 5 new cars! the only thing that got my attention is when it said ordered by TDA! So could disney be updated the cars or is this just a coincidence? If anybody knows anything on this that would be great. Would love to see the coasters get new vehicles.
    <font size=4> </font>

  2. #2

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    I would just be happy if they made it so the music always worked.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  3. #3

    • MaliBOOMer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,316

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I would just be happy if they made it so the music always worked.
    THIS.
    It makes me so mad when the music doesn't work on half the trains running. I told a CM that music wasn't working on purple train, he walked to the back of the train and flipped a switch. If it is that easy (just a matter of turning it on) why is it always "broken".

    ---------- Post added 01-24-2012 at 02:28 PM ----------

    Well the order is for 5 cars? But they have 6 trains there. I know they can only run 5 at a time, but they do have 6.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

  4. #4

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,022
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    Who knows. It will be interesting to see what shows up.

  5. #5

    • Johnny and Me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    23 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    3,356

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post

    Well the order is for 5 cars? But they have 6 trains there. I know they can only run 5 at a time, but they do have 6.
    Actually, there are 7 trains, 6 of which can run at the same time. There are 2 green trains.

    Source

  6. #6

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    194

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    I once got put in to a row which would have put me on a train with no sound (I always listen while walking to the station to which works and which doesnt.) I switched and moved in to a different row and the CM yelled at me for switching. I told him I was waiting for one that wasn't defective and he told me "it's a gamble when you get in line, you may or may not get one that works." Well I come to DL from Florida, and I went to guest relations and told them how insulted I was and if I wanted to gamble I would have got off the plane in Vegas and not continued to Anaheim. On the same day they were taking trains off the track because the line had become fairly short, and they took off the trains with working audio and left the ones with non working audio running. I don't understand why you would remove the working trains when you have ones that clearly need to be taken out and worked on. I'd love to see the day when every train has audio that works every time (They have the technology nearly perfected in Florida on Rock N Rollercoaster) but sadly after so many years, I think it's just going to be one of those things that you need to plan for before you get assigned a row so that you actually get a complete ride experience.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,643

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by lnsemsf View Post
    I once got put in to a row which would have put me on a train with no sound (I always listen while walking to the station to which works and which doesnt.) I switched and moved in to a different row and the CM yelled at me for switching. I told him I was waiting for one that wasn't defective and he told me "it's a gamble when you get in line, you may or may not get one that works." Well I come to DL from Florida, and I went to guest relations and told them how insulted I was and if I wanted to gamble I would have got off the plane in Vegas and not continued to Anaheim.
    With all due respect, that is extremely dangerous to switch rows at the last second. The CM was just doing their job. If you want a certain row, ask the CM who assigns seats. If you switch at the last minute, you are running the risk of getting yourself extremely injured.

    In this case, quite frankly, you deserved to be yelled at. Working speakers are not as important as a serious injury.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    236

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    New cars would be neat! The old ones are a bit of an eyesore to be frank.

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    858

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by SydneyMouse View Post
    New cars would be neat! The old ones are a bit of an eyesore to be frank.
    Heck yes they are!!!

    They should do something like an old wooden coaster look but with some ornate victorian looking decorations on it.

  10. #10

    • Hot FIRE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tomorrowland
    Posts
    268

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    With all due respect, that is extremely dangerous to switch rows at the last second. The CM was just doing their job. If you want a certain row, ask the CM who assigns seats. If you switch at the last minute, you are running the risk of getting yourself extremely injured.

    In this case, quite frankly, you deserved to be yelled at. Working speakers are not as important as a serious injury.
    I seen this occur at space and it can be dangerous and cause unneeded backup. I always just say, if you're not happy after riding, just politely ask for a re-ride. It wouldn't kill them to give you that.

    ...seriously

  11. #11

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    194

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    I should be clear, i switched to a row with other people in it and stood behind them. Creating no danger what so ever. Changing a row wouldnt help if the whole car is down, so when i knew the timing of the cars and knew the next one would be a dead audio car, i went one row up and went behind those folks already waiting so I'd be on a working train. No harm done, no danger as it was still at least 30 seconds until the next train would have arrived. No harm, no danger, and avoiding no audio, so no cause for alarm! Oh and I have politely asked for a re-ride before when I got no audio and was greeted with "Sorry" and asked to leave.

    ---------- Post added 01-25-2012 at 04:11 AM ----------

    Also, I believe my point was missed. Riding a fully working ride car should not be a "gamble." There are plenty of things at Disney parks you could say are "open to chance" such as what ending will I get on Star Tours, or in our Tower of Terror will I get a drop sequence I prefer or one that's not quite as exciting. I know going in I'll not know what to expect. When you consider this attraction has 2 elements to it, the ride and the audio, sending trains without audio takes 50% of the ride experience away. Here in Florida, where you Disneylander's complain constantly about our show quality and lack of maintenance, I've never one time in over 10 years had a ride on Rock N Rollercoaster where I was sent out on a train with dead audio. Not once. I have had it die 3 or 4 times half way through the ride due to a technical glitch, but never have i gone in and 2 out of the 4 trains just are silent. They wouldn't ever do that, and they shouldn't ever do that. The same thing goes at Screamin. If the cars don't work, they should be taken off and reset or repaired. If trains are going to be taken off because it's a slower time of day, they should never take a working train off when a broken train is left running. I pay a lot of money to go out to California and that ride and that audio is a lot to do with why I fly 8+ hours several times a year when I can be at Disney World in my car in less than 90 minutes. I feel insulted, and Disneyland should be embarrassed, when guests are told that the fact they can only get half their vehicles working means the guests should have to gamble on whether or not they will fully enjoy their experience or leave disappointed.
    Last edited by lnsemsf; 01-25-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    6 hours 18 minutes from DL
    Posts
    453

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    I sure hope they are getting new trains. The other day when I rode (It was the blue train. ), the music was totally messed up! It was playing the loop section during the launch, and the launch section during the bunny hops. It kept glitching out, and would randomly make these loud beeps.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    83

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by lnsemsf View Post
    I should be clear, i switched to a row with other people in it and stood behind them. Creating no danger what so ever. Changing a row wouldnt help if the whole car is down, so when i knew the timing of the cars and knew the next one would be a dead audio car, i went one row up and went behind those folks already waiting so I'd be on a working train. No harm done, no danger as it was still at least 30 seconds until the next train would have arrived. No harm, no danger, and avoiding no audio, so no cause for alarm! Oh and I have politely asked for a re-ride before when I got no audio and was greeted with "Sorry" and asked to leave.
    Regardless, the CM who assigned you a row is constantly trying to keep track of all the rows and what spaces are filled and which aren't. Not only does moving create a safety hazard by putting more people in the row than allowed, it could create confusion as to who was next and who wasn't. What if they hadn't noticed you and a party of four was put behind you and the row in front of you 2 and 2? Suddenly only two members of the party are riding. It's things like that, and it's equally common courtesy and politeness to simply ask for the sake of the CMs and the operation they're trying to run. Moving like that comes off as rude and disrespectful and is probably more the reason why the CM was upset with you, and the situation would've been avoided all together if you'd simply asked "May I please wait for the blue train?" (or whichever one had working audio.)

  14. #14

    • Hello Dolly.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    991

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    I'm excited if this is true. I can imagine the new trains looking a lot nicer if they are going with theme.

  15. #15

    • Former CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anaheim, Ca
    Posts
    137

    Re: New california screamin cars coming soon?

    I definitely wouldn't mind some new trains! Especially if they have working music! =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] New California Screamin' Costume!
    By usdan106 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 01:37 PM
  2. [Idea] New California Screamin Idea
    By hawk671 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 08:10 AM
  3. 4 new attractions (smaller scale) coming soon
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 02:50 AM
  4. A New Disneyland "Official Album" Coming Soon!
    By Nessarose in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 07:23 PM
  5. New POTC product line coming soon!
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2005, 09:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •