Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Re: New strollers at the park Update

We've had strollers taken before. It's not fun. At the time, you could get strollers from the Starcade (if they had them, by the way, they don't always) and from a store in Frontierland. If you're all the way down at Splash Mountain/Pooh with a six year old, a toddler and a baby and your strollers get stolen, it ain't no picnic getting a new one. They even took out our name tags and tossed them. We had our $2.79 Dasani water bottles in one stroller and a bag with some new pins in another. Oops.

It's happened more than once. It's not a matter of strollers getting moved by CM's (the times we've rented strollers, we park in stroller parking ONLY), it's other parents taking them.

I won't even address Wesley's comments about how old a child should be to go to Disneyland. That's a whole 'nother can'o'worms.

Also....I'm offended that it's moms who are getting the bad rap here. I saw FAR MORE dads pushing strollers than moms the six days we were there. And I witnessed a pair of dads purposely ramming people after the fireworks one night. Over and over again. I didn't say anything, until as fate would have it, I ended up in FRONT of them and one of them rammed my ten year old. These guys were my age (a little older probably), good looking, with cute wives, they were showing off, being cool...and they hit my ten year old pretty hard. I'd been behind them earlier and overheard their conversations for a while...so I said, "I know you're the only two people here feeling crowded, but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop ramming every single person in your path, Jesus." My ten year old's jaw dropped and the dad who hit her apologized. Felt good.

My husband pushed our stroller the entire time we were there and I saw him hit people more than once....but I also saw those people cut him off and step OVER the stroller. If you think you're the only person being inconvenienced by a stroller, think AGAIN. You think the stroller pushers are having a fun time in the crowds?? I can tell you from the sweat on my husband's brow in those after-fireworks crowds, that he was not having the time of his life.

Strollers aren't going away, nor are young children in the parks, so we all have to be a bit patient with one another.

I think the new strollers look SO much more comfortable and the extra storage looks great, too. The old strollers were really hard to maneuver. Like no other stroller I've ever had the displeasure to push....they were awful!

• A Pirate's life for me!

I guess it's low on the priority list for CM's to watch out for hi-jacked strollers. That must be why they offer up a free replacement in case yours gets stolen.

I guess that we were lucky all those years. It's history now. We've been stroller free going on our third year now (after about 13 years straight with strollers for the various kids). There are pro's and con's to it though...

Thanks!

• Man O Lantern

Well, it's not really a "free" replacement if you've paid to rent it for the day. It's just a replacement. They tell you when you rent one, to hold onto the receipt. We've left a stroller and ridden the railroad, then gotten a new stroller at one of the pick up locations. It's a suggestion that was made to us at the stroller rental place...it's a pain to get strollers on the train, so they suggested we ditch them and pick up another one.

We stopped renting them.....got to be too much of a pain. We bought a stroller for our youngest (she stopped using them at home) and we've brought that one down three trips now. We've never used it anywhere but at Disneyland. Much easier than renting one.

You used to have to give up your stroller when leaving Disneyland to go to DCA. Then you'd take your stuff out, grab your name tag, your receipt, carry your child across the esplanade, stand in line, show them your handstamp and ticket, go stand in line at the stroller counter and get another stroller. Then if you left DCA to go back to Disneyland, it was the same deal.

It got a lot easier when they started letting families take the stroller across the esplanade. Once they started the baggage checks, it made no sense to make people give up the strollers at the gates anymore. Much friendlier now.

Glad we're thisclose to never having to use a stroller again at Disneyland.

• What have I done?

WOW hot topic this thread. New desing looks great!

I dont believe anyone is telling anyone what age to take their kids to Disneyland, all just a suggestion. However my two cents... I will wait. Having grown up with Disneyalnd and crowds. I personally would prefer to wait till my kids are a bit older and able to walk as well. Just seems like it would be easier and more fun for everyone as a whole.

"This guy!"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

They busted them out!
    Llooks good!
    Guess i'm lucky that only twice have I been rammed. Had a few close calls though!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Man O Lantern

The age at which to take your kids to Disneyland was discussed to death earlier in the year....this isn't the right thread to do it in, but I'm always up for that particular discussion. It's so frustrating! But I'm fascinated by people's opinions on the topic.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Oh NO!!! Not that stroller topic again...LOL

Tempers were flaring over that one.

Shhhh...Maybe no one heard.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I thing they should combine the strollers with the Buzz Lightyear ride. Attach lazer guns to each of the strollers and have various targets around the park and on other strollers. At the end of the day the kid with the highest total wins a free stroller rental. At least that would keep them entertained while sitting in it.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

I HATE, HATE, HATE (to the infinite degree of HATE) strollers in the park.

And why you can rent one, I cannot fathom. If your kid is small enough to NEED a damn stroller, you should bloody well have one of your bloody own.

HOW SOME EVER: Clearly, the bitchly things aren't going away. SO:

I think all walkways should have a 'stroller lane.' Which should be the ONLY place strollers are allowed to be rolled. And people withOUT strollers should not be allowed to walk in the stroller lanes.

That way, idiots who bring children that small to the park can stay where they're the only ones affected by their traffic jam inducing lack of driving skills and their shin-shearing rudenss, and the rest of us are safe from their depredations!

I also would join in the discussion of how old one should be to appreciate Disneyland and the inappropriateness of much parenting in the parks.

But then, as a former teacher, I have a general hatred of parents as a species anyway. 80% of them are utterly incompetent with their children anyway; why would they be any better in the park than they are anyplace else?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossysheryl
    I HATE, HATE, HATE (to the infinite degree of HATE) strollers in the park.

And why you can rent one, I cannot fathom. If your kid is small enough to NEED a damn stroller, you should bloody well have one of your bloody own.

HOW SOME EVER: Clearly, the bitchly things aren't going away. SO:

I think all walkways should have a 'stroller lane.' Which should be the ONLY place strollers are allowed to be rolled. And people withOUT strollers should not be allowed to walk in the stroller lanes.

That way, idiots who bring children that small to the park can stay where they're the only ones affected by their traffic jam inducing lack of driving skills and their shin-shearing rudenss, and the rest of us are safe from their depredations!

I also would join in the discussion of how old one should be to appreciate Disneyland and the inappropriateness of much parenting in the parks.

But then, as a former teacher, I have a general hatred of parents as a species anyway. 80% of them are utterly incompetent with their children anyway; why would they be any better in the park than they are anyplace else?
    (doning his Captain Obvious uniform) I sense hostility and anger in your post.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

It's caused by the bruises I got on my shins on Friday night....

GRRRRR.

• Banned User

I don't mind strollers, I mean there are little kids and it is Disneyland.. of course they'll be there. I can see taking a toddler there who needs a stroller. I will never understand why people bring tiny babies to the park, or the people who keep their toddlers at the park until late at night though. But strollers will always be there. A lane for them would be very nice but Disneyland doesn't seem to think strollers cause any problem.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    What are the chains for? Security, so no one steals them?

In all of the years that we have been there with a stroller, we have never been a victim of theft, or even a victim of temporary "joyriding" of any of our strollers (rented or personally owned).
    We also used wonder if those locks were really necessary. Then our stroller got stolen along with the diaper bag. Not a pleasant experience. Since a Disney employee had moved it before it got stolen and we got treated horribly by customer service, Disney ended up paying for the replacement.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Oh NO!!! Not that stroller topic again...LOL

Tempers were flaring over that one.

Shhhh...Maybe no one heard.
    We could add kid leashes to the discussion and make sure all of the great harmonious subjects are included!

• What have I done?

Oh man kid leashes! Those are horrible! Arent they outlawed?

"This guy!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast