Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Observer

Haunted Mansion Remodel

This is my first post, so please go easy on me.

Now let me start by saying that i LOVE the Haunted Mansion, and would never want to see it go.

That said, my idea is, What if we Completely gut out the inside of the attraction and rebuild it. same layout just All new and refreshed. new and upgraded Effects throughout the attraction. upgrade or replace the cheesy pop-up effects in the graveyard with something else.

the Load Area should have something behind it instead of the limbo scene... its just no dark enough in there to make it a good effect..

it would be nice if instead of CM's making general announcments on the PA about flash pictures and other things, each buggy would have its own button so that the CM can directly speak to a certain buggy.

it would be cool if they had 1 character dressed in different costumes randomly placed in the attraction. so one day the CM would be dressed as a suit of arms near the endless hallway, the next he might be in the attic, or the ballroom dressed in different costumes..

If non of this works then at least add a Fog Machine in the front lawn to add to the creepy factor.

I know its alot, and im sorry if my gramar isnt right. i just started typing what i was thinking

• Banned User

Re: Haunted Mansion Remodel

^They actually had a few costumed characters dressed up to scare people back in the 1980's. I can't remember what specifically it was for, but it didn't last that long.

I really don't see the point in just gutting everything and redoing everything from scratch. Not only would it ruin its legacy, but the cost of doing that would be almost the equivilent of building a new ride. I do agree that it would be cool to add a few things to enhance it (Like the fog in front of the mansion, the stretching face portrait they have at MK's version, and the return of the Hatbox ghost).

• ---------------

no need to gut the Mansion.
    Only gutting I'd like to see is Constance.
    Other than that, the ride is awesome!!

I would like to see the black curtain removed (cheap looking) and a real "outdoor" scene place where the coffin (observatory) is.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Nah, just a new, different haunted house for DCA. Do all the newest tech you want. Or, in my case, I'd like them to do a Scooby-Doo themed one set in Coolsville, California!

Every park needs its own haunted house.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Nah, just a new, different haunted house for DCA.
    I'd be up for that.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

I'd be happy with just restoring it to what it was in 1969. Plus, with the addition of a huge speaker in the back of each Doom Buggy, which is completely silent, unless the guest in the Doom Buggy takes a flash picture. In that case, the flash of light triggers an enormous thunder crash sound in that Doom Buggy only. Followed by a "No flash photography" warning in that Doom Buggy only. But it doesn't repeat; if they do a second flash in the same Doom Buggy, the Doom Buggy closes up on them for the remainder of the trip and only reopens in the unload area.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I'd be up for that.
    as am I maybe not necessarily a haunyed house but i do beileve that evry themepark deservese a spooky attraction ie haunted mansion,expedition everest,ToT,materhorn,dinosaur

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    as am I maybe not necessarily a haunyed house but i do beileve that evry themepark deservese a spooky attraction ie haunted mansion,expedition everest,ToT,materhorn,dinosaur
    I guess DCA technically does have a "haunted house".
    TOT
    The "prior guest" are haunting the place
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

BTW no need to gut it out and i actually like the pop up ghost but i like the ides.I would also like for there to be at least one live actor

---------- Post added 01-25-2012 at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I guess DCA technically does have a "haunted house".
    TOT
    The "prior guest" are haunting the place
    true true ,but u can never have enough ghost lol

• Observer

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    if they do a second flash in the same Doom Buggy, the Doom Buggy closes up on them for the remainder of the trip and only reopens in the unload area.
    lol i would love that... somehow i dont think the guest would be ok lol

---------- Post added 01-25-2012 at 08:39 PM ----------

from what ive heard. the mansion is all built on wooden platforms... all renforced too meet todays safety standards but still lol... i would like to see carpet in the house portion of the mansion again, instead of black duct tape or black painted ply wood.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I'd be happy with just restoring it to what it was in 1969.
    Yes.
    Granted wasn't there in 69 (first encounter was the live CM in the attraction)
    but I'd love for it to return back to what it was.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Observer

i think it was the 30th Anniversary event that they had cast members placed throughout the attraction.. but just for that one night. i saw a video of it on that doombuggie website

• formerly very helpful

They had the costumed cast member for more than that one night, but not for too long, though. I heard that it turned out to be "too scary" for people, since the Haunted Mansion was never really a scare house, but focused more on the humor.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    i think it was the 30th Anniversary event that they had cast members placed throughout the attraction.. but just for that one night. i saw a video of it on that doombuggie website
    Wasn't for one night.
    I believe it was for about a year (the armored Knight)
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 01-25-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Observer

i dont know. i think it may be time to bring a little more scare to the house. make sure every guest is now aware that it will be a more scary ride.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast