Thread: DCA Parade

DCA Parade

What are the plans/future plans for parades at DCA? Is Pixar Play going to return this summer? Or is a new parade in the works?

Re: DCA Parade

I believe Pixar Play Parade will return once the construction is completed for DCA. They have been doing mini shows known as Pixar Pals in the mean time.

Btw, does anyone know if MESP will be returning this summer as well? I haven't seen that show for several years and the last time I thought they promoted it was 2011?

The Play Parade will definitely be coming back once the parade route is construction-wall free.

As for MSEP I think that's still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by aviatingbellhop View Post
    The Play Parade will definitely be coming back once the parade route is construction-wall free.

As for MSEP I think that's still up in the air.
    The Mainstreet parade is still at Disney World, but I'm not sure when it will come back.

I was just wondering, will the pixar play parade fit under the cable car wires on Buena Vista street and HollywoodLand?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by fantasmiceddie24 View Post
    I was just wondering, will the pixar play parade fit under the cable car wires on Buena Vista street and HollywoodLand?
    Yes it will. The wires were originally going to be 18ft high but Entertainment got WDI to extend them to 23ft I believe. Should be an interesting sight to see! It's also a nice advantage having the parade run down Hollywood Blvd. because they'll never be able to put the lighting rig equipment out on the blvd and instead have to keep the nighttime street parties contained within the "Hollywood Studios" area.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Yes it will. The wires were originally going to be 18ft high but Entertainment got WDI to extend them to 23ft I believe. Should be an interesting sight to see! It's also a nice advantage having the parade run down Hollywood Blvd. because they'll never be able to put the lighting rig equipment out on the blvd and instead have to keep the nighttime street parties contained within the "Hollywood Studios" area.
    Cool,

i agree about the light rigs and eqipment. I think thit ruins the theme in the land. Like, just imagine seeing light setups and eqipment all over Main Street USA. At least the Mad hatter Tea Party will be in the Studio area instead of the Blvd.

Its really too bad that they did not consider hiding parade lighting on route 66 in Carsland so that the Parade ran through there.

It would have been perfect at night to have a large crowd of guests busy with World of Color in Paradise Pier and then another few thousand busy watching a night parade from Hollywood to Carsland.

It would be like having Fantasmic and a parade down main street at the same time to help spread out the guests in to areas of the park

• Minion

I didn't even stop to think about the wires for the cable cars! Would the Electrical Parade floats fit under those as well? I recall several of them being quite tall, but I can't imagine how tall 23 feet in the air is.

• Sock Puppet

pixar i thin is coming back..no electrical parade. they got things planned like the trolley thing and the new minnie mouse thing also

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I didn't even stop to think about the wires for the cable cars! Would the Electrical Parade floats fit under those as well? I recall several of them being quite tall, but I can't imagine how tall 23 feet in the air is.
    The Electrical parade-
    Orlando Theme Park News: Main Street Electrical Parade facts
    The tallest float in the parade is the "Cinderella" clock tower, at 18.5 feet tall.
    I guess the clock tower was a bit too tall for the garlands across Main Street. 7:48
    WDW Magic Kingdom Main St Electric Parade Part 1 December 10, 2011 - YouTube

For Pixar Play Parade-
    Did you know?: Pixar Play Parade facts - Around Disney : The Orange County Register
    The tallest floats are "Ratatouille" and "a bug's life" which are about 23 feet high.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nemofinder22 View Post
    Thank you! As long as the Electrical Parade can fit, I'll be happy. I love Pixar, but I can't say I'm especially excited for its return.