Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Cheeseburgers, cheeseburgers, cheeseburgers!

I love CHEESEBURGERS. When I die and they cut me open to find out why, they're only going to find two things ... CHEESE and BURGERS! (ok, credit for that line goes to George Foreman).

So, where do you get the very best cheeseburgers inside and outside Disneyland?

In my completely impartial and unbiased opinion (ha), here are my favorites...

1. In-N-Out - This goes without saying. If DCA had put in one of these instead of a McDonalds, it would still be there.
    2. Bob's Big Boy Double-Decker - One of my favorites, but I'm sure there are others that wouldn't agree. Can't be good for you, just look at Bob! I've requested that one to be put in Cars Land - Fits the theme perfectly.
    3. Hungry Bear - Ok, maybe it's the atmosphere by the water, but the burgers aren't that bad. It would be better if everyone would stop feeding the ducks french fries. Do you have any idea what fries do to a duck's digestive system? Neither do I, but it can't be good. Grease floats on water and the ducks float too, mmmm.
    4. Tomorrowland Terrance - Burgers get a B, but only because I'm on a personal campaign to get Disney to bring back the Magic Burger! Most of you are too young to remember this gourmet treat. Picture an average theme park grease burger and add a slice of ham.... now you have a Magic Burger. I think they used to serve it with Cole Slaw until some cast member suggested substituting the Cole Slaw with Apple Sauce (she probably got the $5 prize for suggestions). Fries won out in the end.
    5. McDonalds Cheeseburgers - Cheap, filling and tasty especially when you add a layer of fries on top of the cheese. Yes, I like McDonalds which has probably just shot my credibility in this evaluation all to heck.

Not on the list: Taste(less) Pilot's Grill - Nasty stuff, I swear the meat has whip marks on it. Never been satisfied with the Cheeseburger here.

Comments? Don't type too much. There's bound to be a better thread deserving a response more that this one!

• Indiana Scott

Re: Cheeseburgers, cheeseburgers, cheeseburgers!

In all of DLR (excluding the hotels which I haven't eaten at) I would have to say Taste Pilots Grill in DCA because of the great condiment bar.
    As far as DL is concerned well.. they all taste the same to me.
    Enjoy them while you can.. Someday some mean Dr. will tell you that you need to get your cholesterol down and then the party is over

Believe me though, I know what you mean.. A good burger is like nothing else!
    Last edited by ScottG; 01-27-2012 at 09:10 PM.

• Blew By You

I still think the La Brea Bakery bacon cheeseburger is pretty good. Bacon is crisp and the meat is cooked to your specs. This one fills me up rather well.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Last time I was in SoCal I was determined to get to an In-N-Out, as "everyone" raves about them. I failed. One day I was out Fullerton way shopping. It was hot (100+F) and I was tired, hungry and thirsty. Looking around I spotted a JackInTheBox. I know ... but was air conditioned, it would do.

Guess where I was? Corner of Lemon and Orangethorpe. Five minutes walk to an In-N-Out.

Annoyed I was.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

If you're willing to travel all the way to the Disneyland Hotel, I think the Tangaroa Terrace serves up the best "Disney" Cheeseburger there is. It comes with a slice of pineapple, cheese, teriyaki sauce, bacon... and a side of sweet potato fries. And of course unlimited refills on your beverage.

Also... if you have a spot in TRADER SAM'S bar, have someone save your seat, go to Tangoroa Terrace and order, tell them where you're at and they'll bring it right to ya.

It's my favorite on-property cheeseburger by far.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Last time I was in SoCal I was determined to get to an In-N-Out, as "everyone" raves about them. I failed. One day I was out Fullerton way shopping. It was hot (100+F) and I was tired, hungry and thirsty. Looking around I spotted a JackInTheBox. I know ... but was air conditioned, it would do.

Guess where I was? Corner of Lemon and Orangethorpe. Five minutes walk to an In-N-Out.

Annoyed I was.
    We have In-n-Out in AZ too. Personally I think it's over rated. I personally think you got the better burger at Jack in the Box (cheaper too).

Taste Pilots' Grill
    is great due to the condiment bar.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• -

I like the burgers at In and Out. It's their fries that bring them down - horrible!

At the park, I have three that I like:

The Wild Blue Yonder - Taste Pilot Grill
    Chilli Cheese Burger - Hungry Bear
    Pastrami Burger - Village Haus
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• We Want The Redhead

At the Jazz Bakery, it's the filet Mignon burger. It's the tastiest on DLR property. Off property, there's a place near where La Tijera, Centinella and La Cienega intersect in Inglewood called Pann's. Yes, two 'n's. The 'Deluxe Dream Burger' always satisfies! For 'to-go' sloppy goodness, the 'Double-Double Animal' at In-N-Out.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    If you're willing to travel all the way to the Disneyland Hotel, I think the Tangaroa Terrace serves up the best "Disney" Cheeseburger there is. It comes with a slice of pineapple, cheese, teriyaki sauce, bacon... and a side of sweet potato fries. And of course unlimited refills on your beverage.
    I concur! The Tangaroa Terrace Hawaiian Burger is the best burger on property, IMO. The second best is the Pastrami Bacon Cheeseburger at the Village Haus. It's not spicy, so it's great for any pallete.

• Ambassador of good will

two words:

Five Guys

• Nor Cal AP'er

They have a "Fat Burger" by Knotts off of Beach blvd which is pretty good. imo.
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Daboltz View Post
    two words:

Five Guys
    Someone just told me about this place (I guess we have a few in AZ too). Suppose to be really good.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Lightbulb Re: Cheeseburgers, cheeseburgers, cheeseburgers!

O.K., you knew there was going to be a post like this ... Maleficent appears in a burst of fire with this URL.

That said, I love cheeseburgers too, and have spent some time looking for the best veggieburger - not in fast-food places but to cook myself. My nomination in case you'd like to try it is Morningstar Grillers Prime.

I haven't found a good shortcut around authentic cheese yet; the fake cheese just tastes like plastic. Still prowling.

When it comes to mayo, which is another one of those nutritional horror stories, look for Organic Vegenaise. Vastly better for you, and tastes better than mayo, trust me.

______
    Rachane

I like eating at the Taste Pilots' Grill in California Adventure, right next to Soarin'. It has great burgers and great onion rings.

In-N-Out & Wendy's!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast