New here and question about best time for Character Breakfast

Hi!
    I'm new here, so hello, and thanks for reading this! I was hoping to get some advice from some experienced Disneyland visitors. We are coming to CA from the East Coast in August for a wedding. We are building in a 3.5 day visit to Disneyland. We know it's going to be horribly crowded, but it is most likely a once (maybe twice!) in a lifetime visit for us and we want to be sure not to miss it. We are fairly experienced WDW visitors but I'm clueless when it comes to DL. We arrive on Sunday and I'm not sure we'll make it to the park that day (that would be the .5 day if we did!)....and then we'll be there Mon, Tues and Weds.

We will have one Magic Morning and one Toontown Morning Madness entrance. I'm trying to fit in a character breakfast or lunch and am having trouble figuring out when to do it. A 2 hour breakfast seems like a really long time first thing in the morning when we could try to get on the slow line rides quickly. And "wasting" our Magic Morning at breakfast also seems like a bad idea.

Any advice? We were hoping to eat at either Minnie's or Goofy's meals. Any help for a good way to plan it out to maximize our time on some super-crowded days? Thanks so much!!

PS It will be me, my husband, DD 16, DS 12 and DD 4. Thanks!

•   
    • Minion

Re: New here and question about best time for Character Breakfast

I have done a couple of the breakfasts. I would reccomend the goofy kitchen one at the Disneyland Hotel. We did one of the first ones of the day which I believe is 7am. You get good character interaction if you are there early. The other one we did was at the paradise peir hotel it was themed after lilo and stitch at the time it was great but i have no idea what it is like now. We did that one early as well so that we could get in the park early.

• Minion

Ive never been myself, but alot of people on here seem to like the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn, which is inside Disneyland.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

The Minnie and Friends at the plaza inn is pretty good with lots of character interaction. I think which one you visit might depend on your parties preference in characters. I always suggest people go an a magic morning because you can get in early for the meal and finish in time to head out into the just opened park.

I doubt that you would wish to waste your actual mm on a character meal. But consider that one morning you start in the park when it opens with a pretty good sit down breakfast and lots of characters. When your done, you simply walk out to the hub and can head to any ride you wish right from breakfast. Perhaps it might be ok to lose a little morning time one morning since you have magic morning at least one day during your trip. HTH!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Insomniac

If you don't want to waste any park time eating breakfast and your kiddos can handle it I'd suggest getting up early and doing the one at Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel before park opening. I've heard the food is good and the character interaction is fun (I haven't eaten there but my aunt says its the best!) then after you are done eating you can go straight into the parks.

First time recommendations for the parks. Be there at rope drop because it's so much fun! Make sure to plan enough time to take a break every once in a while. Tom Sawyers island, fantasia gardens, and Innoventions are really good places to take a break when it's hot and you/ your kids just need a break. I highly recommend the canoes if your family is up for it. It's a unique way to experience the Rivers of America and WDW no longer has them I believe so it's something different (it's also a lot of fun if the cm's let you splash when it's really hot).

Check out Indiana Jones Adventure close to park closing because if you get lucky sometimes, even on busy days, the line can disappear towards the end of the day same goes for Big Thunder. Space Mountain pretty much always has a line so make sure to Fast Pass it or get to it early before the line gets crazy same goes for Star Tours. For Fantasmic if your kids are tired the best seating (unless you do the Fantasmic dinner thing) is over in the tables by Riverbelle Terrace. It is a little obstructed by a few trees but if you get the right angle it's a good view and you don't have to stand the entire show and you can always get chicken strips, hand dipped corn dogs, roast beef or turkey sandwiches, ect, which are all sold in that area, for dinner.

If you don't watch Fantasmic, then most of the rides on that side of the park, Indi, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder, ect are noticeably slower than they are the rest of the day. I'd recommend doing this on the last day you are there because then you can ride as many rides as you want.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

I always schedule the minne's breakfast at their first available reservation which is like 7 am or 730 i think. The park isnt open yet and once we are done we head out and the park still isnt open usually.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Welcome to MiceChat first off

On the days you plan on being at the Resort, Magic Morning will only be available to you on Tuesday since it is only offered on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday. Mickey's Toontown madness you can go on either Monday or Wednesday during your trip. It's offered on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday. I've done the Minnie & Friends Plaza Inn character breakfast a couple of times. The food is okay, and the characters weren't that many when I went. A number of people also recommend Storyteller's Cafe at GCH for a character breakfast. If characters and breakfast are a requirement for you might I recommend doing a BBQ lunch or dinner at Big Thunder Ranch. It's an all you can eat. I've been there a few times and enjoy the food and atmosphere.

I would also suggest getting to the parks before opening each day. Crowds are at it's minimal during the morning time and up till about lunch time. You should be able to collect some fast passes to be used later in the day and also have ridden several attractions by that time. If you take an afternoon break and rest a bit, and return later in the afternoon and spend the evening where you can use your fast passes you collected in the morning. Watch a show or two, or even ride more attractions at night since majority of the crowds leave after the fireworks.

If you want to experience Fantasmic at it's best get reserved seating if that's within your budget. Also a few free things you can do around the park is request to ride on the Lilly Belle and request to ride with the captain on the Mark Twain. Both are fun experiences.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Welcome to MC!

I've done Goofy's Kitchen many times. I really enjoy it.
    You need to book Goofy's in advance (714-781-DINE). If you try to go in w/ out a reservaton (in the past) you most likely won't get in.
    I've heard Storyteller's is good.
    I've also heard positives on the Plaza Inn.
    I think you'll get more characters with Goofy (even Storytellers).
    You can book any restaurant 60 days in advance. You can book at this restaurants: Dining & Restaurants | Disneyland Resort
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

I would skip Goofy's Kitchen. Last time we were there the service was absolutely horrible.

The one thing to keep in mind for all these meals is that Breakfast is probably the worst meal that Disney cooks.

I would strongly recommend you get a reservation for the Plaza Inn at the earliest lunch available and enjoy what you might consider a brunch. Others will have a different opinion I'm sure... but I would really stay away from the Hotels for breakfast, not just because the experience we had was very bad, but because you are at DIsneyland so eat in the park not the hotel... We only do the hotel meals if its the last day and we are checking out to leave.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Keep in mind that for lunch and dinner at the Plaza Inn are not character meals, only the breakfast is.

To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

wait so if you do a reservation you can choooose the returant? im thinking of doing this for my bday
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME o
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• Disney Fan 4 Life

You make a Priority Seating reservation for whichever character meal you wish. Each one is at its own designated restaurant. for example, the Minnie and Friends Breakfast is at the Plaza Inn in Disneyland or the Disney Princess Celebration meals are at Ariel's Grotto in DCA, etc. You can also make Priority seating reservations for any of the table service restaurants in Disneyland and DCA, downtown Disney restaurants, and DLR hotel restaurants. The number is the same for everything and it is 714-781-3463.