Disneyland Tree of Knowledge? Anybody know about this...

Looking for help with a trivia question... does anybody know anything about a tree at the tram station that is referred to the Tree of Knowledge? I'm finding nothing online... Thanks!

• DLR Cast Member

Re: Disneyland Tree of Knowledge? Anybody know about this...

That's a new one to me. The only thing I can think of that might come close is the large tree that the Mickey & Friends tram circles around near the parking garage. There's an urban legen that it was planted as a seedling by Walt prior to Disneyland opening in 1955. While that tree was in fact moved to that location from elsewhere on the property when the Mickey & Friends structure was built, I have never been able to find any confirmation of that tree having had such a tie to Walt. And I've never heard of it (or any other tree) referred to as the "tree of knowlege".

Is there any chance someone could be confusing it with DAK's Tree of Life?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

New one one me too

---------- Post added 02-02-2012 at 09:23 PM ----------

supposedly there is a tree of knowledge in Innoventions
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I, too, have never seen referrence to that in all the research I have done. Would be interesting if it were true!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    supposedly there is a tree of knowledge in Innoventions
    Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. I asked a TL CM, who said the "tree" in Innoventions is called the "Tree of Knowlege". I don't know if that's its formal name, or if it's a name given to it by CM's. Perhaps a TL or Innoventions CM can shed more light on it.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. I asked a TL CM, who said the "tree" in Innoventions is called the "Tree of Knowlege". I don't know if that's its formal name, or if it's a name given to it by CM's. Perhaps a TL or Innoventions CM can shed more light on it.
    I only found it through a google search. I think it's mentioned on the hidden mickey site.

From the site:
    1. The Tree of Knowledge is noisy. If you are heading up the stairs, stop at the first landing near the tree. You will notice unnaturally-even-looking holes in the tree there, and strange noises issuing from within. Even though they are USUALLY only nature sounds, there is occasionally music as well (nature-style music).
      REPORTED: anon 09 JUL 00
    2. Higher up the tree, on some of the knots, letters are carved into the tree, put there on purpose. J + R, for example. The initials carved into the knots on the Tree of Knowledge (You can see them from the stairs) are initials of some of the original designers and builders.
      REPORTED: anon 09 JUL 00
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz