• Ludicrous speed! Go!

Question I have a question about and old post and a couple other questions

The post is:
    Good places to propose in Disneyland

Comment #15

I'm going to be proposing to my GF on Feb. 14th in the park. On comment 15 in the link the person said something about a special balcony at the Blue Bayou, can anyone elaborate on this?

I've managed to get a 2:30pm reservation at Blue Bayou (dinner reservations filled up fast) and my first plan was to eat at the Bayou and have the ring be brought out with dessert. Both her and I are huge Blue Bayou fans and I thought this was good idea.

I also interested in what the micechat experts have to say. We're DVC members and was thinking maybe the Grand Califonian might be able to set something up or give me some ideas.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: I have a question about and old post and a couple other questions

I've never heard of this "special balcony" in BB (at least I didn't think you could go up there and sit and be served).

We've had other MC's talk about how they called ahead and the hotels have had something ready for them or did something special.
    Being a DVC member, I would think give you some extra help (but I wouldn't throw that around...just casually mention it and see what services they offer)

So other's don't have to scroll through the other post, here's the comment from post 15:
    If you call Disneyland up, they can help you set things up. For example, they can set you two up to sit on a special balcony at the Blue Bayou. From what I have heard, they are very helpful.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Most ask table is the river seats BB
    You managed to get a 2:30pm reservation at Blue Bayou, did you tell them you are doing some special? disneydineing
    you can have resort set it up or try get away first thing and Talk to castmember at the check-in desk and see what they can do. Some point you will need give the servier the ring.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Oh my gosh, congratulations!!!

Just to piggyback on what everyone has suggested so far, you're definitely going to want to coordinate with your server before your lunch (maybe speak with the CM when you check in for your reservation about speaking privately to your server about the whole ring situation). Call the dining reservations line ASAP and let them know that you're going to propose during your lunch, they'll add this to the system; this information should then pop up when your check in for your lunch. Also, call the DVC reservations line to have them add the same details to your hotel reservation (I'm guessing you're staying at GC since you mentioned it?). That way they can set up something in room (flowers, chocolates, etc.), a spa reservation, and other "romantical" kinda stuff. Oh, and don't forget to ask for a pair of 'Just Engaged' buttons at City Hall!

In all honesty, just do what feels right, roll with the punches, and please try not to stress! I knew a coworker whose husband proposed in front of the castle. It took just a minute or two, and TONS of strangers were walking by snapping pics of him on his knees with the ring out, but it was simple and the perfect thing for THEM.

Once again, congrats and best wishes to you both!

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

Cool, thank you very much guys.

I just called DisneyDining and they told me that it was a bad idea to put that information on the reservation. They suggested that I have a note prepared to slip to the server. I'm starting to think that it will go smoother if I just do it without involving other people.

However I do like the idea of contacting the GC and having flowers and chocolates delivered to the room while we're out.
    Last edited by Mutiny; 02-03-2012 at 06:13 PM.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutiny View Post
    I just called DisneyDining and they told me that it was a bad idea to put that information on the reservation.
    That's interesting.
    I would think it would be easier to have it set up prior
    vs
    slipping a note to the server.
    What stops the server from asking what the paper is
    or reading it in front of you and your fiancée?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz