Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Merge the starcade with flynn's, yes/no?

Since electronica is closing, and the starcade is now only 1/4 of what it once was, how about merging in all the games from Flynn's, say using that empty upper area finally, and giving it a new name, such as Flynn's Starcade. What say everyone?

Re: Merge the starcade with flynn's, yes/no?

Cool idea, but if I was aiming high I'd want to turn Starcade into something like a DisneyQuest. Since that's not happening, your idea is a good one ^_^

• ---------------

I'd just like to see starcade go and see something else put in there. You're at Disneyland, why do you need video games (you can go to your local mall).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• President of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitographer View Post
    Since electronica is closing, and the starcade is now only 1/4 of what it once was, how about merging in all the games from Flynn's, say using that empty upper area finally, and giving it a new name, such as Flynn's Starcade. What say everyone?
    If Disneyland were to ever have a Tron-based ride, I think having an entry through Flynn's as part of the pre-show would be cool.

Barring that, I don't go to Disneyland to do things that I can just as easily do outside the park, so I'd not care if the Starcarde were to go away entirely. Although I will admit back in the glory days the speedramp-enabled two story Starcade was kinda cool...

• Pilot EdForceOne

No need to 'merge' them - simply convince Disney they want that much stuff in Starcade and of that type. Unfortunately the money makers in arcades now are cranes, redemption, and driving games. Not classic vids.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    You're at Disneyland, why do you need video games (you can go to your local mall).
    I'd say that's a valid question of Toy Story Mania, which can be purchased for the Wii, but I don't have any video game arcades in my whole city. There's a couple machines in movie theatres, but that's about it.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gross View Post
    I'd say that's a valid question of Toy Story Mania, which can be purchased for the Wii, but I don't have any video game arcades in my whole city. There's a couple machines in movie theatres, but that's about it.
    Disney got lucky. It's a video game on steroids (and is packed with the human love of competition--why board walk games do well). Large TV screens and being able to move from screen to screen (without walking). I like TSMM (and I understand that it can be changed), but there is something to say for Buzz where you have AA's and a more immersive atmosphere
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I think that's a great idea.

It pains me to see that wasted space sit for so long. No to mention the gift shop taking more and more space.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

• Insomniac

I would really like it if Disney completely redid the queue of Space Mountain so that it went thought the Starcade. It would increase the use of the space and give you something to do when waiting in line for 3 hours for ghost galaxy. WDW's queue has interactive games along the queue and it can be really fun! It would also increase arcade sales when there is that much foot traffic going through. If they did that they could also put the Flynns games over there and add a few new space mountain games.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Great idea............that Flynn's Arcade does get full at times!

While I would love to see this happen, I just don't think it will. As already mentioned, the classic vids and pins don't bring in money!

FWIW, there are no arcades where I live. None. The theaters have a game or two, and if you are lucky, there might be a pinball machine. If you are really lucky, the pinballs actually work!

I'd just like to see starcade go and see something else put in there. You're at Disneyland, why do you need video games (you can go to your local mall).
    I can't, there are no arcades around me. In many parts of the country the arcade is long dead due to the proliferation of home video gaming. the only way for me to experience these classic games is to visit disneyland.

• ---------------

exactly! Everyone (who chooses to) has a game system at home.
    There's nothing tomorrowlandish about video games.
    You've got Dave and Busters and Game Works (and probably others--not sure Chuck E. Cheese still does video games) that have video games.
    I just think the space could be used for something else.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Fastest Man Alive

No. Flynn's Arcade is really now about 80's nostalgia. When arcades where the big thing. It's really a look back into the recent past. I think somewhere in DCA really is the better fit.

If there must be an arcade in the Starcade, I wish it would be themed to be more futuristic. Even if it doesn't stay current with the most bleeding edge technologically advanced arcade games; having it all sci-fi and future themed would be enough. Make it something original.

Or...if a liscence must be used. A Star Wars themed arcade would be a huge hit
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

...there is something to say for Buzz where you have AA's and a more immersive atmosphere
    I like Buzz a lot better than Toy Story mania for this reason. Also, moving around makes it more difficult than being stationary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast