• See you there!

My trip Disneyland today (Sun Dec 18) - short

I saw Maynard today. I didn’t know he was working at the "Disneyland The First 50 Years".

Anyway, had a nice little chat about the old days of JC and HM and his “special tours”. Well, I guess he can’t do his “special tours” or wear non-standard costumes (bummer).

Anyway, he gave me a private tour of the reception area (very not busy this AM). Really quite a display. I recommend (if you’ve not already done so) to spend some time walking around there examining the display.

The movie was very well done, but not what I expected. I guess because of the Lincoln animatronics and such I expected something more than just a movie, but the movie was quite good. Some scenes I remember on the old Disneyland TV show when Walt would talk about the progress of Disneyland (wow, that was a long time ago!).

Oh yeah, Disneyland very crowded today, and cold, cold, cold (to me anyway). But had a great time on Buzz Lightyear’s, although I did not do much to save the universe, if they’re waiting on me they’ve got a long, long wait!

CU@DL

Andy

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: My trip Disneyland today (Sun Dec 18) - short

Yeah, we've had the special treatment by Maynard there a few times now. He's great with the kids (and us too). We do miss him at the HM though. He's such a natural there!

Kind of like George was in the Train Stations. Very animated and a perfect fit. Poor George, we truly miss him. God Bless his soul...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: My trip Disneyland today (Sun Dec 18) - short

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL
    I saw Maynard today. I didn’t know he was working at the "Disneyland The First 50 Years".

Anyway, had a nice little chat about the old days of JC and HM and his “special tours”. Well, I guess he can’t do his “special tours” or wear non-standard costumes (bummer).

Oh, the irony of it all!!!!

This is something EVERYONE, who has been on the Jungle Cruise since the
    additions early this year, should know: a few years ago, Maynard DID indeed vary the script from the standard delivery. His imagination brought life and new found humor in this Opening Day attraction. Among Maynards
    new script he pretended, By adding sound effects and cautioning people to be careful because of the man eating pirahna in the EXACT SAME PLACE WHERE PIRAHNAS WERE PLACED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! Maynard is the one who should be credited with the Pirahnas
    being added to the Jungle Cruise, due to his creative imagination! And NOW it's stated that he would be let go if his creative juices were let to flow again in the Jungle Rivers. And just recently, sadly, a monoculed English Jungle Cruise Guide by the name of Mikey, had to bid farewell.

I am really astounded that DL has so quickly forgotten that it's these creative cast members that can, and have breathed new life into old attractions. Walt had asked Marc to see what improvements could be made. Walt could listen to and encourage imagination! Why can't Matt and the rest of management realize this?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????