Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Exclamation WDW is going to start enforcing fastpass return windows... no word at Disneyland...

From touringplans.com

FASTPASS Return Time Enforcement Begins March 7, 2012

by R. A. Pedersen

Cast Members at the Walt Disney World Resort have been informed that enforcement of the FASTPASS return time window will begin on March 7, 2012. This means guests will be allowed to return to an attraction with a FASTPASS during the time frame indicated on the FASTPASS not anytime after the window as with the previous policy until now.
    Some leeway is being built into the new policy guests can now return 5 minutes prior to the window (ending the backlog of guests who arrive a few minutes early), and Cast Members are being told to accept the FASTPASS up to 15 minutes after the window as a courtesy.
    Currently this new policy is anticipated to roll out on Wednesday, March 7, at the Walt Disney World Resort, though there is still time for Disney to change the exact date and time this goes into effect. There is no word of a similar policy for the Disneyland Resort at this time.

FASTPASS Return Time Enforcement Begins March 7, 2012

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: WDW is going to start enforcing fastpass return windows... no word at Disneyland.

Glad to see it (which hopefully translate over to Disneyland too).
    I would think another exception to the policy would be when the attraction goes down
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Re: WDW is going to start enforcing fastpass return windows... no word at Disneyland.

It'll be interesting, I have to admit, one of the great things about getting early is to "collect" a set of fastpasses for the evening. I like to get early, ride rides, grab a couple fastpasses (usually space mountain), and then leave around noon, and come back at 4pm.

My guess is they're going to enforce it more for the "special" fastpasses being issued to hotel guests.

I hope they bring this over to the DLR as well. I personally don't have a problem planning my day and returning to the attractions during the window of time. I am also interested to see if it makes a difference in the crowds/lines etc if the FP system is used as it was designed.

• Minion

Fifteen minutes seems like an awfully small grace period in a place like WDW where traffic can be so insane and distances so long. My guess is that they'll probably have an unofficial grace period that's a bit longer.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

WDW guest would be getting 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to thier attraction.
    That's plenty of time.
    (5 prior and 15 after assigned time).

I do hope DL does this.
    As it's been posted in many many threads,
    Many people stock up on FB knowing that at the end of the day they can go to the attractions and ride them 4-8 hours (or more) after the FB assigned time.
    My feeling is: if you're going to allow people to return at any time (not follow the original plan and get to the attraction between A and B time), why even have a FP time on the card (just leave the card blank and say good for such and such date only---essentially that's what Disney is doing without putting it in writing.)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Hooterville, USA

It's a start.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

I knew this day would come sometime or another. I can adjust, but the only thing I'll have to get used to is some added travel time as I make the trek from The Haunted Mansion to Space Mountain in the middle of the day. :/

• Banned User

Ack, I hope they don't! I feel like it's enough of a 'secret' that 'regular' people don't really know about.

I really dislike this, and hope they don't do it. Yes, an hour and 20 minutes is a large window, but when you're with a large family with multiple small children, it's difficult to plan where you'll be 1n hour and a half down the road, and then having to plan to ride in two separate groups, while the second group still makes it in time... this won't be any fun if it comes to Disneyland.

Worrying about the trek between Indiana Jones and Space Mountain = first world problems.

:-)
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Remember, WDW is dumping money into the whole "Next Gen" business, which has shown no indication of making its way to the other coast. I believe WDW is also planning on encouraging scheduling ride times through your resort reservation, which is basically a pre-arranged FastPass. I doubt this is coming to the DLR anytime soon.

• Minion

This is a good thing in my opinion! It is how the system was designed and needs to be enforced!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

I too hope they do not enforce this. I remember the summer of the 50th anniversary being over in California Adventure and trying to make it back to Disneyland to make it to Indiana Jones before our Fastpasses expired, which happened to be during the fireworks.

Between (1)the slow moving crowd exiting DCA back to DL, (2)the long lines at the DL entrance gate, (3)the crowd inside the gates, (3)THE ONE WAY TRAFFIC THAT TOOK US AWAY FROM ADVENTURE LAND, and (4)all the people that would stop to watch the fireworks in the walkway and block traffic, we missed our window.

Being Disneyland rookies at the time, we had no idea it would take us that long to get over there since earlier that day it only took us about 15 minutes. Needless to say we missed our window. But having gone all that way we decided to ask the CM if we could still go. She was so nice and said yes then in a little whisper she said "always hold on to them even if you missed the time because they're good until midnight."

If Disneyland enforced the Fastpass time, not only would we have missed the fireworks (since we knew our window was during the time we'd have to wait for the show), we also would not have been able to ride THROUGH NO FAULT OF OUR OWN other than not knowing about how crowded Disneyland gets for the fireworks. Keep things the way they are.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Worrying about the trek between Indiana Jones and Space Mountain = first world problems.

:-)
    Anything related to Disneyland is a first world thing.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast