Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Favorite Place to Relax in the Park?

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd start a fun thread to find out what some of your favorite places to relax in the park are.

Every time I move (which is often), I always have to establish my new thoughtful spot (yes, stolen from Pooh when I was about 15). They can range from a certain chair in my office to a special place on my balcony, but every place I've ever called home, has had a thoughtful spot.

Now since Disneyland is my home, I have a thoughtful spot there as well.

My favorite place to relax in Disneyland would have to be the waiting section at New Orleans Station. Although the pavilion in front of that is a smoking area in the park (which I am disappointed in, but I can understand why some parents would need to have a cigarette in the middle of a disneyday), if you stand in the actual station, & look out past the fountain, you get a lovely view of the Rivers of America, & its usually very quiet back there.

Whenever I need to unwind for a little while, I'll always stop at NO Station & take in the sights

So, where is your thoughtful spot in the Disneyland Park?
    Feel free to add me or message me here on Mice Chat!

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.
    Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land."

Re: Favorite Place to Relax in the Park?

I like the little picnic table by the bathrooms on Tom Sawyer's island. It is so quite there and you can watch the boats dock and look over into Frontierland. There isn't a lot of foot traffic, but there are ducks.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

On the train is good, but it doesn't last long enough. The back end of the lower patio for the Hungry Bear is nice, too. Just sitting by the water, with the great view of the river and the island, with lots of birds to sneak food bits to. My old favorites for resting of the feet were the Peoplemover and America Sings. It's sad that they're gone. I haven't been to TSI, much, for a long time, so I don't recall the pic-a-nic tables. I'll have to check those out, sometime.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• formerly very helpful

^^^You just stole my favorite place: Hungry Bear Restaurant, overlooking the water. Although I usually go for an upstairs table, since it gives a better view, IMHO.

However, some other favorites include the porch on Main Street, the wishing well near the castle, and this isn't in the park, but the lobby of the Grand Californian. Especially if I can't get INTO the parks for some reason, like it's a blackout day or something. The lobby still gives me a touch of Disney when I need it.

I agree with the train.

There's also a place by the Court of Angels entrance in New Orleans Square. Here you can catch Ernie playing his guitar. There's a bench or two to sit around and hear him play. I like that no matter how busy the park can get, this place remains quiet.

Ernie at Disneyland:

When the peoplemover was still around I used to relax there.

Also, in grand cali hotel, the fireplace is where my wife and I go.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

The new "warf/pier" eating area next to the Turkey leg stand across from BTMRR. It's small, but a great view of the River and NOS across the water.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We like the pathway that goes from BTMRR to the BBQ place and to Fantasyland. MY DD loves to watch the "Jumping" fish there and then sitting and watching the trains on the ride.

I think another good relaxation spot is the corridor behind the Red Corn dog cart on main street where the baby center and the first aid station are. I have spent many a hour there when DD was small allowing her to nap in her stroller while I people watched. That is a great little corridor for unplanned character watching. The backstage gate there often has had characters come out at that point to walk to main street and points beyond.
    “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

• DLR Enthusiast

It's not the quietest place to sit, but I enjoy the patio next to EO and the SM FP distribution area. The music is nice, I can grab a bite to eat, people watch...
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• formerly very helpful

I forgot about both of these! Great spots. People often forget how important it is to slow down when you're at Disneyland.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I always loved the lower level of the Hungry Bear Restaurant. When I was younger -- much younger -- I would feed french fries to the departing canoe guides!

But, I digress. To me this is a very peaceful area to sit on the River. The first bend of the River is visable and all the trees and plants make it very lovely.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• -

Carnation Plaza Gardens is a great place to relax. Its nice and quiet, and my son and I like watching the ducks swimming under the bridges.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    The back end of the lower patio for the Hungry Bear is nice, too. Just sitting by the water, with the great view of the river and the island, with lots of birds to sneak food bits to.
    Plus sometimes you can see some Disney feral cats there, though I haven't seen any in a while.

• Minion

Carnation Plaza Gardens is a great place to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle...enjoy a refreshing Dole Whip. Well, at least it WAS...

I also liked to sit at the old the Plaza Pavilion seating area, overlooking Coke Corner. Of course now that it's Jolly Holiday Bakery, that area is probably not empty anymore and for bakery customers only (Not that I'm complaining...I'm glad the bakery was moved there).

The porch on Main Street is a classic relaxation spot, if you can manage to snag it!

Snow White's Grotto is usually a nice peaceful spot. I also take a lot of cruises aboard the Mark Twain.

When I'm eating at the Hungry Bear, I prefer the top level by the water, but when I'm looking for a nice place to relax, I will sit at a lower level table and chill out. Provided that the restaurant is closed or not busy.

• Banned User

Well it used to be Carnation Gardens, but that'll disappear soon. I guess I'd say over in the corner of the Hungry Bear that faces ROA. I like Paradise Gardens, too.

• Sock Puppet

Hungry bear for sure! Then after that my favorite spot to relax is Carnation Plazza Gardens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast