California Screamin' Audio?

When I last visited in October of last year, the audio was not working on California Screamin'. I'm sure it's been discussed here, but I couldn't find anything using the search option. Is this a common problem with the ride, or has the audio officially been shut off? I'm just hoping it's back when I make my visit in May...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: California Screamin' Audio?

I went twice in a row two weeks ago... both did not have music. I went once or twice in 2011... also no audio.

I can hear it working on other trains that go by so it seems to be several isolated incidents.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: California Screamin' Audio?

Usually an individual train issue. Sometimes even an individual seat; I've encountered both. When Space got 1st soundtrack there was a light on the back of each rocket that would indicate if audio was out. Don't know if the updated version or Screamin has any such indicator.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Sock Puppet

It goes through phases of audio and no audio. I remember on my last trip the audio was out in the yellow car...

• -

It's been hit or miss lately. You would think that with the amount of time it was down recently to replace the loop, they would have checked out the trains to make sure all the audio worked as well.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Not Here / Not Now

Yeah, audio problems are usually for individual trains, not all of them. For a good period of time a few years ago, it was the Green train that lacked the audio on the ride, but now it's just on and off. It's something you are going to have to expect, they don't maintain the audio on the ride that well.
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

yeah i posted a thread about this before the rehab...because the audio wasn't working. i went in january and 2/4 trains didn't have audio. my friend went a few days ago and none of them had audio.

i talked to a cast member for the ride and in january he said they are aware of the problem, but he has no word on when it'll be fixed.

• Minion of Chernabog

Once when I was going on the ride, the more intense audio started as I was going down to the launch area. It went on out of sync, finally stopped a ways in, then cut off and on intermittently playing the audio wrong.

How hard can it possibly be to fix? I mean, maybe I'm not in the know enough to understand the problem, but it seems to be a fairly simple fix. Dunno, could actually be way more difficult.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

Yeah, it seems like a real selling point to the ride (the thing that makes it Disney-appropriate) and it seems like something they ought to handle. When it comes to Disneyland, I have this (apparently, incorrect) assumption that this is the kind of thing that, when it happens, is immediately fixed.

Like, when a train's audio goes out, the ride is briefly closed to reset, or that it's handled that night after the park closes. That it's gone on so long is sort of disappointing, and maybe making me more of a realist...

The past two times I have been on it the audio hasn't worked, last weekend and in December. With the relaunch of DCA you would think they would want to get this fixed and maybe clean up the area. I've noticed that "beach" area is missing a lot of sand and looks like the plants are dying.

• Lighting Design Lover

I don't know how the Screamin' audio works, but if it's anything like the old space mountain audio it's run on a internal battery which is why the audio would often be "off" (not because it was broken but because the battery was dead, as the cars got older and the batteries held a charge for shorter periods of time after being recharged the problem got progressively worse). I'm not sure, but if Screamin' also works this way then like space mountain then you might just be experiencing the unlucky ride vehicles that have run out of battery.

• Insomniac

^^I always wondered why they couldn't use the same charge system that the red car trolleys will use. Just give a quick recharge every time it stops at the station. But really I hope that we get new trains and a new queue and building facade for screamin' to make it match the rest of the pier and the new theme even though it's a launch coaster in a 1920's pier.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by TTN View Post
    I don't know how the Screamin' audio works, but if it's anything like the old space mountain audio it's run on a internal battery which is why the audio would often be "off" (not because it was broken but because the battery was dead, as the cars got older and the batteries held a charge for shorter periods of time after being recharged the problem got progressively worse).
    They could just put batteries in with a proper operating life.

Something in the design sounds very finicky to me. If it was simple it should be fixed by now. With the now it works, now it doesn't, nature of the problem, it may not be easy to control.