Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Modern Family might shoot Disneyland episode

Keck's Exclusives: Will Modern Family Meet Mickey? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Following their trips to Hawaii and a dude ranch,Modern Family's next family outing will take the whole Pritchett/Dunphy/Delgado/Tucker gang to the happiest place on Earth.

Disneyland, part of the ABC/Disney family, is being eyed as a shooting location for an episode to air during May sweeps. My spies also tell me the Dunphys may run in to a familiar face at the park... someone not seen in several months. Hint: Think dim-witted and musically inclined.

Anyone familiar with ABC's 90's sitcoms will recognize this as being familiar to when they shuttled cast and crews off to WDW... except this time they might be heading for Anaheim. (unless of course they change their minds and decide on Florida instead)

I'm curious to see if they would shoot anything within DCA's borders, but seeing as construction will still be on the rise (the shooting would occur in March), probably not.

• Shablagoo!

Re: Modern Family might shoot Disneyland episode

I love it. I miss those episodes of shows when they would go to WDW and have the crazy adventures. I have been thinking for awhile that Phineas and Ferb should go to a Disney park for an episode or 2.

• Minion

Hope it's true! Modern Family is easily the best show on TV right now and a Disneyland episode would be great!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

We can only hope.....would be cool if they made some jokes about "future" attractions too or one of them telling a CM that they should build a park on the parking lot

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Modern Family takes place in Los Angeles so it would make more sense for them to go to Disneyland instead of WDW. And there already was a Disneyland reference in the first season. Manny's father was supposed to take him to Disneyland but he never showed up. So the stepfather (I forget his name) takes him there in a limousine. They don't show anything from the park but they do show Manny wearing mouse ears in the limo during the ride back home.

One thing that strikes me is that Modern Family is a wholly different show than the multicam, laugh track shows of the 90's that were usually punched in. Watch each of them: Boy Meets World, Step by Step, Roseanne, Full House, etc. (I'm sure there were more) They feature numerous musical numbers and general goofiness that promotes the parks, and it works because the shows have a decidedly optimistic tone.

Whereas Modern Family is much more cynical in its humor, so I wonder if they'll be able to rib at any of the parks' idiosyncrasies as I'm sure the writers would want. The plus side is that the mockumentary style of filmmaking will make these shoots extremely easy, which might be why Disneyland is even a choice. They can navigate their cameras perfectly through the narrow walkways.

Then again this may not even happen, so who knows?

• Koubu Pilot

I still remember the George Lopez episode at Disneyland and his mother Benny apologizing to some people that he's not one of the characters; his head just makes him look that way. She also admitted to riding the Matterhorn while she was pregnant with him and that she was relieved the splash of water at the end was the ride.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    Whereas Modern Family is much more cynical in its humor, so I wonder if they'll be able to rib at any of the parks' idiosyncrasies as I'm sure the writers would want.
    Modern Family isn't cynical at all. Definitely not even close to the kind of cynicism on Rosanne, for example. Modern Family is actually pretty light, and there's plenty of slapstick, goofy and fluffy humor. It's always witty, and there's plenty of subtle humor and satire present, but it rarely comes close to the kind of stark and serious fare that permeated Roseanne, especially in later seasons. That's one of the things that makes Modern Family so great... it's very real in terms of the problems faced by families, but at the same time keeps a positive outlook and spins everything in a light-hearted way. It's refreshing to have a show that actually tackles legitimate issues that we all face without becoming heavy-handed, preachy, or depressing.

• 東京ディズニーシーに行きたい

I hope this happens! Modern Family is a great showcase for the middle-class American family, and is good at helping Americans identify and reflect on their own family. I think this could be very good for the Disney parks.

Photo Via jdhilger

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    We can only hope.....would be cool if they made some jokes about "future" attractions too or one of them telling a CM that they should build a park on the parking lot
    I think they should wait for BVS and Carsland to be completed to film if they're serious about using this episode for promoting the new DCA. They can use it as the season 4 opener

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    One thing that strikes me is that Modern Family is a wholly different show than the multicam, laugh track shows of the 90's that were usually punched in. Watch each of them: Boy Meets World, Step by Step, Roseanne, Full House, etc. (I'm sure there were more) They feature numerous musical numbers and general goofiness that promotes the parks, and it works because the shows have a decidedly optimistic tone.
    Didn't Roseanne's WDW episode did the whole cynical thing though? To me that's what made it a preferable Disney park episode over the others. I don't recall any musical numbers in the other TGIF WDW shows but I know that their storylines were way over the top and unrealistic. Only Roseanne's was grounded in any sort of reality as it just centered around the family being in the parks. Plus you're talking about another decade. My guess is that Modern Family's DL ep will be a lot like their other eps in terms of writing. And if you watch Modern Family, you definitely want to see that kind of humor play out in DL because you know it will be nothing like the TGIF shows of old.

LOL love the idea of running into Dylan.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I love Modern Family, I love Disneyland. I anticipate it being great but I sure hope it doesn't turn into an advertisement for Disney Parks.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I love it. I miss those episodes of shows when they would go to WDW and have the crazy adventures. I have been thinking for awhile that Phineas and Ferb should go to a Disney park for an episode or 2.
    And at least at the Disneyland Resort jumping between the parks in mere minutes is at least a somewhat possibility.

• Down Pluto!

So has it been confirmed they are meeting Hannah Montana?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

This looks epic

• Mrs. J. Depp

Oh please let this be true!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast