Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

It's been showing for 11 years at DCA, PLEASE get rid of this

The Boudin Bakery has stayed virtually unchanged for 11 years now and they are still playing the tour video. Not only is this video dangerously cheesy but it's hosts are a little bit washed up. One being Rosie O' Donnel who hasn't done much since 01' except for talk shows and the other being Colin Mochrie, Who? I know, right, he used to be on ABC's Whose Line is it Anyway and finds works whenever former Superstar Limo star Drew Carey offers it to him. Please if you are reading this DCA personnel, PLEASE update this tour and this time, make it a bit less cheesy and maybe no current employees under ABC Network.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: It's been showing for 11 years at DCA, PLEASE get rid of this

I vote nay, I like that they are making real fresh sourdough right there at the park, it's the savory ying to the new chocolate place's yang.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I don't want the tour to go anywhere
    but I do agree that the "host" need to be updated.
    The show is stale (no pun intended)
    I love that you can see how bread is made
    and I love that they serve fresh bread to purchase at the park
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I'm not saying to get rid of the tour, just to update the tour video.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

The tour could use an updating, especially when Ghirardelli and Cars Land attracts the traffic over to it in the future, but it's all up to Boudin. If it happens, it'll be random and unexpected.

Im horrible I know, but I have never taken the time to do this tour. However, I have gotten so much grief for not doing it ill be doing it on my trip in 10 days....at least now I know not to expect to be wow'd by the video haha

• Nutty guy from Canada

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    Colin Mochrie, Who? I know, right, he used to be on ABC's Whose Line is it Anyway and finds works whenever former Superstar Limo star Drew Carey offers it to him.
    While I haven't seen the video you speak of, and while I totally understand you have a right to your opinion, I just wanted to point out that you may not see Colin on US TV all that much and when you do it is usually related to a Drew Carey show, Colin is a Canadian and does show up on Canadian TV a fair amount with out Drew Carey.

He's a very funny guy and had a career in Canada long before he teamed up with Drew Carey.

If they redid the video they could do far worse than re-using him for an updated one.
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Planned Trips: DLR November 2014, WDW March 2017

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

•   
    • Minion

I dunno...Rosie O'Donnell is still doing things (new talk show coming up, too) and she and Colin are entertaining. The video is about how to make sourdough bread, and I'm honestly not sure how much you can spruce that up.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

From looking at the thread title, I thought you were going to mention about getting rid of the Muppet 4d show.

I honestly think that they need to get rid of the Muppet show and update with something new. Maybe a dark ride or a new 4D show.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Minion

You can't get rid of Colin Mochrie, he's huge in the Yukon Territory! He totally kills it in Whitehorse!

so glad you said it first. I've never done it either and honestly completely forgot it was even there.

We only discovered the tortilla place two trips ago, on our last day. They told us we could go through as many times as we like, so we got probably 6 tortillas each. The last time we went we brought honey and cinnamon and planned on just eating that for lunch one day, to save some money, but it was gone . I'm glad I was able to experience it once before it was removed, but I almost wish I hadn't, because now I want tortillas every time we walk past there!

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Supertank View Post
    We only discovered the tortilla place two trips ago, on our last day. They told us we could go through as many times as we like, so we got probably 6 tortillas each. The last time we went we brought honey and cinnamon and planned on just eating that for lunch one day, to save some money, but it was gone . I'm glad I was able to experience it once before it was removed, but I almost wish I hadn't, because now I want tortillas every time we walk past there!

I used to bring Jam from our breakfast to do this same thing (not to save money, just to eat something yummy)

• Banned User

I disliked Rosie for almost FOREVER, but she didn't suck in the video. She is actually mildly entertaining. They don't need to replace her. What else can they do? They'll use the same dialog with someone else. I don't want DCA to become Epcot II or Disney Studios. No more edutainment in DCA.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

As corny as it is, I like it. My Hubby saw it for the first time our last trip and he got a kick out of it because he like Colin. What is stale to some might be fresh to another
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast