View Poll Results: What should be done with tuck and roll's buggies and Francis' boog in "a bug's land?"

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave the rides even though there's better versions of the ride right next door in Cars Land.

24 43.64%
  • Take out the rides and make it dining, shopping, or an extended Hemlichs ride with better theming.

31 56.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Copies of ride's right next door at DCA.

When Cars Land opens this summer with Luigi's Flying Tires which is a bumper car type ride yet quite unique. Also they will be adding Mater's Junkyard Jamboree a tea cup style ride with a unique twist. Now what confuses me is why would they keep Tuck and Roll's drive em' buggies when right next door there is luigis flying tires... same goes for francis' lady bug boogie ride which is just like maters junkyard jamboree just not as unique. So doesn't it just make sense for them to take out tuck and rolls and francis' boogie sense there's better ones right next door... also these two rides take up a lot of a bugs land so without them they could finally add a merchandise and dining location making it feel more like a real land. Also they could expand hemlich's ride or at least make it more like a real dark ride.

Re: Copies of ride's right next door at DCA.

You could ask the same thing about Dumbo and the Rocket Jets.

I believe the differentiator is age group. Dumbo/Tuck and Roll for young guests, Rocket Jets/Luigi's for older guests.

• Certified in everything

... OOORRR could we (hopefully) eventually see the removal of "a bug's land" since there is so much overlap? This is just a dream of mine but now that you have pointed out the similarities and overlap in rides maybe there is a case to be made that it is unnecessary to have a land solely for little ones.

I agree with what others have said in that DCA needs kids rides, but there will be some in Cars Land now and "Flik's Fliers" and "Hemlich's" could easily be replaced in a newer more theme appropriate expansion of either adjacent land. Don't get me wrong... I love "it's tough to be a bug" and (secretly) "Hemlich's" but enough is enough and thematic appropriateness NEEDS to win this battle.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Under that tree again!

Looking at the attractions simply they seem the same. Looking more closely they are very different. Besides they have different themes.

• Minion of Chernabog

Why is "rip out Bug's Land entirely and merge it into the Grizzly River Recreation Area and proceed to put a modernised version of Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland worked into the backstory of Grizzly River Run in its place" not an option? Because that's the one I'd go with.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    Why is "rip out Bug's Land entirely and merge it into the Grizzly River Recreation Area and proceed to put a modernised version of Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland worked into the backstory of Grizzly River Run in its place" not an option? Because that's the one I'd go with.
    How would they connect those two lands? Bridge over the parade route?

• Minion of Chernabog

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    How would they connect those two lands? Bridge over the parade route?
    I'm gonna go stare at a map of DCA for about twenty minutes. I'll be back with a feat of sheer logistical genius.

Or, you know, realise that I'm being completely ridiculous. Either way.

EDIT: Would somebody be kind enough to give me a link to a map with the current parade route highlighted? Also, sorry for getting off topic on this thread.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• formerly very helpful

^^^Actually, I really liked that idea. Maybe just have the Grizzley River Land, or whatever it is called, just be that large with the main thouroughfair/parade route going right through.

The Magic Kingdom has Dumbo, Rocket Jets, and The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, all practically identical. I would wager that 70% of guests don't notice, and 29% percent notice, but couldn't care less. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a smaller, differently themed version of the same ride available in a different part of the park. And come summer 2012, I don't think California Adventure will be in the business of removing rides when they doubtlessly become incredibly busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    I'm gonna go stare at a map of DCA for about twenty minutes. I'll be back with a feat of sheer logistical genius.

Or, you know, realise that I'm being completely ridiculous. Either way.

EDIT: Would somebody be kind enough to give me a link to a map with the current parade route highlighted? Also, sorry for getting off topic on this thread.
    Just look at Google Maps.
    Google Maps

• -

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    ... OOORRR could we (hopefully) eventually see the removal of "a bug's land" since there is so much overlap? This is just a dream of mine but now that you have pointed out the similarities and overlap in rides maybe there is a case to be made that it is unnecessary to have a land solely for little ones.
    Ya they should rip out that Fantasyland abomination while they're at it, too. Who needs a bunch of kiddie rides, right?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

... OOORRR could we (hopefully) eventually see the removal of "a bug's land" since there is so much overlap?
    This would be my vote (but not listed in the voting options).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Ya they should rip out that Fantasyland abomination while they're at it, too. Who needs a bunch of kiddie rides, right?
    Which brings up another point. FFF has no ride heigh except for Tuck and Roll's Drive Em Buggies (36").

A while back was a picture of a sign from twitter with MJJ having a ride height. My memorie is faint on this but I think that was showing 32" or 36" on the sign.

I'm guessing LRT will have a minimum hieght as well.

• DLR Cast Member

... OOORRR could we (hopefully) eventually see the removal of "a bug's land" since there is so much overlap?
    I know for a fact that isn't going to happen. Regardless of what folks here think of ABL, it's quite popular with parents of younger children. In fact, I was in ABL today, and despite the fact that today is a relatively low guest day for DCA, ABL is full of young kids and their parents.

The CL attractions, specifically, Luigi's Flying Tires and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree aren't in quite the same target. Plus, I'm not sure why you think Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is similar to Tuck and Roll's Drive em' Buggies. They're not. In fact, Tuck isn't even similar to the Tea Cups in DL, given the fact that I don't recall anyone getting motion sickness from Tuck. And Luigi's Flying Tires is definitely not similar to anything at all. It's only somewhat similar to the saucers of the past.

Also, I'd be surprised is Mater's and Luigi's didn't have height restrictions (something which is by design absent from ABL, with the exception of Tuck's).

• Minion

:S Why is it so vital that we get rid of kiddie rides? As far as I'm concerned, they need a place in the park as well. It's nice to have kiddie rides spread out, but having a handful of them in close proximity just makes things so much easier when you've got several little ones to watch over.

Besides, I happen to like a lot of the rides in A Bug's Land!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast