Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Dreamer

When is the Fantasy Faire Experience coming?

Last year, they proudly announced the Fantasy Faire Experience, a new addition to DL's Fantasyland (about time). With the finishing touches put on Cars Land and the BVS construction in full gear, I have yet to hear of any plans to realize this project.

Is it still on the menu?

• -

Re: When is the Fantasy Faire Experience coming?

I'm really hopeful that they changed their mind about the location, and that is what is holding up construction. If they moved it to one of the unused areas within Fantasyland I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Minion

ORWEN: Hopefully it's just a minor delay. It will be very nice to have it next to the castle where it's more appropriate. The old Fantasy Faire needs to be changed back into a theatre with stage shows again.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Hopefully it's just a minor delay. It will be very nice to have it next to the castle where it's more appropriate. The old Fantasy Faire needs to be changed back into a theatre with stage shows again.
    Next to it on the inside is fine. Not on the outside.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

I hope they change there mind about the project as well, to be quite honest.

• Observer

I think it's fine where they plan on putting it, better next to the castle, outside or not, than degree in frontierland. who ever said the him had to be for only main street. The hub more of a limbo area besides the plaza gardens is technically on fant
    asyland territory

i agree that it could end up looking a bit tacky. But im sure disney will do it good. There are already some nice trees there that keep the carnation plaza pretty hidden. A few more and a nice arch and sign letting guests know whats inside, and it could really look nice, subtle, and compliment the area. That said, there is also a chance this all might end up to be a big ugly mess. But i trust the mouse
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I'm really hopeful that they changed their mind about the location, and that is what is holding up construction. If they moved it to one of the unused areas within Fantasyland I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    agreed
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

It's FINE where they're putting. It perfectly balances out the Pixie Hollow area which is also in front of the castle and clearly not Main St. I don't know what the hold up is, but since they still plan on keeping the stage in use at night for dancing, there's no excuse not to utilize the area better and give the theatre back to entertainment. My only thought on the delay is that they wanna wait til after some other construction is finished, so the whole park isn't behind walls like DCA.

• ---------------

Pixie Hollow doesn't belong where it is either.
    It doesn't make sense. You enter through Tommorowland.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post

No, you don't. There's an entrance with the sign on the parade route across from the castle. And even if you did, it's obviously not Tomorrowland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    The entrance to Pixie Hollow is actually on the northwest side along the parade route, directly across from the Castle and Snow White Wishing Well and in the shadow of the biggest thematic nightmare Walt ever created, the mighty Matterhorn.

But Pixie Hollow looks better than what Walt put there for a decade; the Monsanto House of the Future.

That house was cool, but also a huge thematic hiccup in the Central Plaza's park-like setting around the Castle.

Name:  5527144750_b8b0dc4af1.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  139.9 KB

As for the Plaza Gardens redo into Princess Fantasy Faire, it's interesting that there was a big announcement at D23 and then... nothing. I'm thinking this is more about being able to announce something at D23 after the Avatarland announcement originally intended for D23 had to be postponed at the last second. We haven't heard that the Faire is cancelled, and Disney mentioned it again officially on the Disney Parks Blog earlier this winter, so it's still in the pipeline somewhere.

But it's currently just sitting there as a dead corner of the park, with very little usage outside of Saturday night swing dancing and a half dozen Junior High chorale concerts per week that only a smattering of parent chaperones actually sit through. It's an underused, neglected corner of the park whose primary purpose is as a shortcut to the Rancho restrooms in the barn beyond.

Name:  09112816.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  207.5 KB

• Banned User

^ thank you!

We're very excited about this change - it will be a real asset for the park to turn this completely wasted piece of prime real estate into a real attraction!

I just wish they were squeezing and actual ride in there somehow...like for Beauty & the Beast or Cinderella.

• Insomniac

I highly doubt there is enough room back there for any rides unless they put in another spinner. Meet and Greets don't take up much space and can keep just as many people entertained as a ride but at lower expense. M&Gs do their part to increase park capacity and decrease the number of people clogging up the paths. Although I will admit that the fantasy Faire's location is a little odd, I for one am excited that they are putting something into that space. I really is a completely wasted area that is empty 99% of the time. And unlike other areas in fantasyland, with the exception of the skyway station, there is not room for much other than a m&g. There is room for rides/ attractions at the motor boat cruise area, the fantasyland theater area, if the layout of the autopia were changes slightly there would be room next to the matterhorn, and a few other areas. All these locations may be future attraction pads. I would rather these areas stay open then use the space for a meet and greet when there is sufficient room for it elsewhere.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast