Thread: Noooo!

Noooo!

Does HMH overlay really start in early September?! My husband told me maybe we can go this year, and we were thinking late September would be best, but I want the classic HM. :-( I really, really, REALLY wish they wouldn't change it so early.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Re: Noooo!

HM goes down for several months in September for the overlay. I believe that it reopens back up the first week in October.

---------- Post added 02-11-2012 at 10:31 AM ----------

correction last week in September.

Is the first week in September a good window to go? Would we possibly beat some of the thicker summer crowds, and also be just ahead of the Halloween overlays?

---------- Post added 02-11-2012 at 11:37 AM ----------

Thank you for that video toneloc, lol! That is exactly how I feel right now. :-P

It normally closes around the last week in Aug-the last week in Sept. The overlay is a pretty lengthy process.

• Minion

last year it opened sept 17. so mid-sept

This morning I was like this now I'm feeling a bit like this . Lol...I feel like a brat.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    This morning I was like this now I'm feeling a bit like this . Lol...I feel like a brat.
    I know how you're feeling... It's the attraction you look forward too. Just wait until it get closer to the time and see when HM will go down. Hopefully you'll get to ride it.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    Does HMH overlay really start in early September?! My husband told me maybe we can go this year, and we were thinking late September would be best, but I want the classic HM. :-( I really, really, REALLY wish they wouldn't change it so early.
    They shut down the Mansion to install it (very end of aug/beg of sept...depends on opening date)
    but it doesn't officially start until the end of the month (Generally the 3rd Saturday of Sept).

It takes them 3 weeks to do the overlay.
    It use to be about a month. They've def got their stuff down and can
    accomplish it in shorter time.

If you ever want to know what seasonal things are going on at the resort, just go to this website: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/events/
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz