Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Your favorite *year* at Disneyland in memory!

For me it's 2004, only about half the rides were operating, but it was our first time, and it was pure magic double dipped in dreams!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• formerly very helpful

Re: Your favorite *year* at Disneyland in memory!

Around 1988 or 1990. Tomorrowland was still awesome. Submarine Voyage was still awesome. Star Tours was new. People Mover was still there. I was a young adult, so I had the means to get to Disneyland when I wanted to go, and not be at the mercy of my parents taking me, and I could explore the park as an adult, on my terms.

• Hooterville, USA

1972. Our H.S. band got to march down Main Street and Disney gave us each 2 ticket books and the whole day to use them!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

2005 for the golden anniversary!!!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

1979......Tomorrowland at full kinetic energy, ticket books kept lines shorter, the negative ions of Skull Rock, new and improved Matterhorn Bobsleds and 4 E-ticket attractions less than a dozen years old(and a 5th one opening in the Fall).
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

1996. My first ever trip and I was 3 years old. It must have been good because I can remember alot of things from it and I was 3 so it was awhile ago. I remember being in my stroller and Minnie Mouse pushed me all the way from Town Square at the bottom of Main Street up to It's a Small World.

1993. Disney actually spent money to make the Christmas holidays special, including creating a magical area at the Disneyland Hotel called Candy Cane Lane that had lots of decorations, a train, Santa, shops and wonderful things to do to celebrate the holidays. The old hotel was still there and it had the Neon Cactus nightclub, with country line dancing and great live music every night. They had a great lap pool where people could actually swim and an adult oriented pool in another area. Goofy's Kitchen was in its original location. They had classy shops and the monorail was right next to the hotel. Everything was just so much better before they tore all of it down to build DTD.

The Third Scene in Soarin' Over California

Well, my first visit was 2004, but I was pretty young back then and most of the fun for me back then was getting to ride the railroad around the park a ton of times. Although, I do remember trying out the Haunted Mansion for the first time that year, and being scared to death of it (the stretching room really got me once it got to the thunder and lightning scene.) But I'd say 2005, because it was the first year that I tried out rides like Indiana Jones and California Screamin. I also really recent New Years visit, (that might sound crazy) because it was the first time I had been there since 2007 so I was mostly just happy to finally be back there and see all of the things that have changed since I was last there. Plus, the crowds on the 30th were, for the most part, tolerable.

• Closed Account

2005 - the park was in pristine condition, the 50th Anniversary celebration was in full swing, and you had Remember Dreams Come True every night.

• Blew By You

I remember a visit in 1975. A cousin and I went to Disneyland and this was my first ever visit without my parents. I felt rather strange that I was at Disneyland sans parents, but also felt a bit grown up. We used up every ticket in our books.

• Banned User

In a little garden called Pixie Hollow at the base of the magestic Matterhorn Mountain

1997, 2001, 2006, 2009 and 2011

I've visited the park over 300 times but those years are near and dear to my heart because I got to spend it there with the people I love <3

• Indiana Scott

For me it was 2003, the first time my son ever got to experience the park. We weren't sure he'd like it - boy were we wrong!

• Ambassador of good will

1987, The opening of Star Tours and the famed 72 hour party Disney hosted to celebrate its opening.

•   
    • Minion

1995 because I graduated high school so the trips there were really awesome and Indy was new!!! It would have been perfect if FP was invented the lines were sooooo long. Indy was so long that my friend video taped it lol it was about 3 hours and 15 mins the best part was when we thought we were at the end but then realized we had to go up the stairs for the end. But it is memorable none the less

• Banned User

I think 2012 is the best year for Disneyland resort. DCA is growing into a world class park and Disneyland park has never looked better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast