Thread: Light Up Toys

Light Up Toys

I want to accumulate some light up toys before the next time we go to Disneyland. I found this website Glow Toys > Products > Lights > Light Sticks > Wholesale . Has anyone bought light up stuff from there before? Are there any other good stores/websites to find glow/light up wands, swords etc.?

Are there any other items I should think about buying before going to the park? I plan on buying an umbrella to take with us this time. Last time we got caught in the rain without one. Not fun. The ones they had for sale at the park cost some cha-ching.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Light Up Toys

Just buy from the same place (lightuptoys) that Disney buys from.
    Some start around $2.25. Most are between $3-$4

The lightup bubble gun (that Disney purchases from them and sells in the park for $12) is $6.
    Disney also gets all the holiday lanyards (ghosts and snowmen) from them.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I might suggest a poncho instead of an umbrella, depending on what you want to carry around. It would be easy to leave an umbrella on a ride. They can also be purchased before your next trip.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Disney Fan 4 Life

For your umbrella, I suggest looking for a almost full size golf umbrella that folds up to travel size. It was spendy (cost me about $20 at Target a couple of years ago) but it is so light weight and compact it fits in our backpack we carry at the parks. When we open it , it opens to a size that at least two people (or in our case two adults and a 5 year old) can be under and stay relatively dry.

For rain gear, I really suggest purchasing your rain poncho in the park for this reason: If it rips, you can return it and get a new one anytime. Otherwise, you can get decent ones for around the same cost elsewhere and take them in. They have ultra cheap ones at places like the dollar store, but they are very fragile and in this case, not really worth the money.
    HTH!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Thank you! I forgot about ponchos! I'll add that to the list!

Spetember/October is soooooo far away. Waiting is hard, but anticipation is part of the fun. :-D
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Umbrella's are nice to have, but when we were there in Jan on a rainy weekend, the best thing was a poncho, baseball cap and rain boots. LOVE rainy weather at DL! Have fun, and enjoy the smaller crowds!

•   
    • Minion

A while back CVS had those light up sticks--the ones that are battery operated and flash different colors--for something like $3. They go for $7 or so at Disneyland.

Another good place to look for inexpensive glow in the dark or light-up items, if you don't want to shop online, would be your local party supply store.

In particular, Party City is AMAZINGLY inexpensive and has a huge variety of light up/glow in the dark stuff. There are a number of them in Los Angeles and the OC. If you're around the park and you're looking for something that is a short drive, I know they have locations in Anaheim, Fullerton and Orange, among other cities. They're in a bunch of other states, too, and I think you can order online from them.

If you do want a poncho, Staples and CVS have been selling really cheap ones. Staples had them 2 for $1 the last time I was there. At that price you don't have to feel badly if they tear or if you decide to recycle them at the end of the day.

• Nor Cal AP'er

I found allot of glow stuff at "The Dollar Tree" store and they sell a 2 pack ponchos there as well.
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• Minion

If I bring glow-things, I always get them from my local Dollar Tree as Experiment 626 said. They only need to last me a few hours and I'm content with bracelets and necklaces. Just be sure you can stow whatever you bring away when on dark rides! ;P

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    Thank you! I forgot about ponchos! I'll add that to the list!

Spetember/October is soooooo far away. Waiting is hard, but anticipation is part of the fun. :-D
    If you going in Oct, then def. purchase the ghost lanyard prior to going to the park.
    I paid the Disney price and then found the website they purchase them from.
    the kids will think you bought them from the park (so you'll match) but you didn't pay the Disney price.

The website is what you'd pay anywhere else
    and you'd match what Disney sells.

http://www.lightuptoys.com/store/ind...ubble-gun.html
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz