Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Is Carsland really going to alleviate these monster crowds at Disneyland?

I visited Disneyland Resort this past Sunday with my boyfriend. I've been visiting Disneyland since I was 8 months old. I've been an AP since 2005...and I've seen how crowding has surged over the years.

I don't really know how to put this gently...stroller parking has gotten to the point that I'm terrified to enter certain areas of the park. Walking into Tomorrowland, my boyfriend and I were shocked at the sight before our eyes: stroller parking taking up nearly the entire length of the old PeopleMover track. As a result, the type of herding that I'm used to seeing CMs do for the fireworks around the hub was happening midday in Tomorrowland.

But it wasn't just Disneyland that was extremely busy - DCA was, too. (Of course, their walkways are bigger, which makes it a little less stressful). Even with the high-capacity Little Mermaid attraction and Star Tours interesting more guests, the crowds have become somehow worse than they were a year ago when neither attraction was open.

Is Carsland really going to help alleviate the crowds in the long run? We can all expect a big hoopla this summer with Buena Vista Street and Carsland opening, but is it going to actually lessen the mad crowding over at Disneyland a year from now?

Re: Is Carsland really going to alleviate these monster crowds at Disneyland?

I think they need to build some underground stroller parking structures - that would help alleviate some of the traffic.

Seriously though, I think the crowds are here to stay. The DLR is popular all times of the year now, especially all weekends. Best to go mid-week if you can. TLM doesn't really take many people off the streets. There is no line, everyone that goes in, comes out 4 minutes later. RSR will have lines, for sure. That will draw a lot of people off the streets, but the increase in attendance will mean everything will still be crowded.

I don't think there's really anything they can do about it either, other than raise prices.

As I said, if you don't want the crowds, go off-season, mid-week.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

You'd think they could come up with a stroller design that stores nicely. A design that works with some kind of rack or holder throughout the park

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    You'd think they could come up with a stroller design that stores nicely. A design that works with some kind of rack or holder throughout the park
    Something like this but for strollers, especially in Tomorrowland.

LIFT Car Concept : Hang Your Car in The Parking Lots | Tuvie

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Carsland will add about 10k a day or more in what the park can hold. I think it will disperse some for Disneyland but it still gonna be busy!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

They need to have a stroller fee for every stroller seat into the park (double stroller? Double fee), the same way they have a parking fee for every vehicle.

The crowding of the park is here to stay and the only way to alleviate it is to build more attractions, open up more areas, and limit attendance into the park. All three together.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    They need to have a stroller fee for every stroller seat into the park (double stroller? Double fee), the same way they have a parking fee for every vehicle.
    Should they also have a fee for every wheelchair, ECV, or even every pair of shoes?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Yeah I think it will take alot of crowds from Disneyland, especially since there isnt much (if anything) opening at DL this summer.

The population of Southern California keeps growing.......hence, expect attendance at Disneyland Resort to grow as well. We gave up our annual passes and haven't been to the park for about 3 years now with overcrowding of the parks being the main reason.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Should they also have a fee for every wheelchair, ECV, or even every pair of shoes?
    They do charge for every pair of shoes...the admission ticket

The problem is in design...there are no designated spots for strollers at DLR like there are at the later Disney parks or even the Universal parks! Get them out of the walkways by adding stroller lots!

•   
    • Minion

I think it will help but the best thing DL can do is find a way to disperse the crowds... it's not overcrowded in the park as a whole. The Frontierland area being a opportunity. The back of Fantasyland TL around innoventions and autopia near the Matterhorn etc. If it was more streamlined with attractions the crowds would be spread out better.

• Senior Minion

There is, of course, the One Solution®.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Minion

What CarsLand might do is convince some of the crowds to go over to DCA, instead of hovering in DLR...but no, I don't think the numbers are going to go down.

I do really wish they'd do something about that little gauntlet by Buzz Lightyear/Star Tours. Even on the slowest days it is an absolute nightmare getting through that corridor. It's such a narrow area and there are so many strollers there that it's horribly congested and hard to navigate. When we go to the park, we have taken to using the long way around just to avoid that mess.

I'd be tempted to close that merch shop next to Buzz and turn that into a stroller parking bay. An indoor place would a) make it easier for CMs to monitor the strollers; b) get them out of the way of that corridor, which would be better for everyone, including the parents who are trying to get their kids in or out of their strollers.

Since the Starcade/Star Trader is right across the way and they have unused space there, maybe they could make the second level into a pin store to replace Little Green Men.

Other than that...I wonder if the Feb. 29th event is an experiment to see how well a 24 hour Disneyland would work. Obviously they couldn't do it all the time, but I'd bet that there would be those who would be willing to come late at night to avoid the crowds of the day, the same way some people shop at night to avoid crowds.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Raise stroller prices and have a stroller tax. Thin the herd.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Insomniac

The only areas of the park that are really bad are the entrance to Tomorrowland and Adventureland. Tomorrowland the easiest and most obvious solution, that should have never become a problem, is the Astro Orbitor. Seriously, Eisner or whoever had they idea to put it there should be fired! Move it back where it belongs and open up the top of the Starcade with some kind of attraction/ store so you can use the green men store for stroller parking. Adventureland either needs to demolish Aladdin's Oasis so that the area can be used for stroller parking, or create a central parking area and push back the stores merch a little so it's easier for the crowds to navigate. Cars Land may help a little but it wil also help to draw more people to the resort which also increases crowding so it's hard to say.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast