Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland Content Facebook Users?

I'm looking for Facebook users whose posts contain a fair percentage of Disneyland or WDW content. For example, if these people post 5 updates a week, at least 2 of them would be Disney-related. (Or, if they post 50 per week, 20 would be Disney-related...you get the idea.)

My reason for this is because I want to start using Facebook more again, but most of my friends are from high school and college (I got FB back in 2005 when it was only open to colleges, so my FB friends are disproportionately from there), and our interests are no longer similar. They're posting about having kids or the latest relationship drama in their lives, and I have absolutely no interest in these things, which has led me to use Twitter and Google+ more. However, given that most people use Facebook for social networking (and it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon!), I finally decided to do a better job managing my lists so that I could see what other "Disney friends" are posting, and share specifically with that group.

To make a long story short, I'm hoping to add/subscribe to more people who are interested in Disney to make Facebook relevant to me again.

If you post a fair amount of Disney content, feel free to add me as a friend: Tom Bricker | Facebook

Alternatively, you can follow my Disney updates on our blog's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/disneytouristblog

As alluded to above, now that I have a handle on FB Lists, I plan on posting mostly Disneyland and Walt Disney World content, primarily photos.

Since I'm sure this might interest other people, too, please post a link to your FB here if you'd like more Disney friends or subscribers!

Re: Disneyland Content Facebook Users?

My profile is here: http://on.fb.me/xGdMPq. I post a lot of Disney content, and I'm a huge Disney fan, always looking for more Disney fans to share in the magic with. If there's anyone here who wants more Disney fan friends or doesn't have that many friends, feel free to add me!

-VJ

^Thanks, added.

I figured this would get more of a response, but maybe people deem it odd that you'd add people as "friends" that you don' know? I guess I view Facebook as analogous to Twitter, and I follow plenty of people on there that I don't know.

If you don't want to add someone as a "friend" you can always subscribe to their updates on FB now. With that addition last fall, it's clear FB is trying for a broader social media model a la Twitter or Google+.

Facebook has a long-standing policy of being strict about only adding people you know in real life, which to me is pretty redundant. If you know them in real life, why not email them, send 'em a postcard, talk to them on the phone, even visit them? I feel social networks are for global networking, meaning becoming friends with people you don't even know, which may create long-standing friendships for years to come. I also have a Google+, Tumblr and Twitter if anyone wants to follow/friend me on those.

•   

Hi i have a facebook n i alway put updates everyday on my page of the Disneyland Resort. Here my page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000116447562 My name is Xavier n i am a Disney Geek.

Quote Originally Posted by vj81995 View Post
    Facebook has a long-standing policy of being strict about only adding people you know in real life, which to me is pretty redundant. If you know them in real life, why not email them, send 'em a postcard, talk to them on the phone, even visit them? I feel social networks are for global networking, meaning becoming friends with people you don't even know, which may create long-standing friendships for years to come. I also have a Google+, Tumblr and Twitter if anyone wants to follow/friend me on those.
    I've seen that recommendation (only add people as friends that you know in real life) on the Facebook Blog, but I was unaware that it's official policy.

In any case, by allowing people to "subscribe" to others, Facebook has effectively done away with that policy. I think FB realized that Twitter and Google+ were gaining a competitive edge on it in that regard, even if it still had market share.

Still, I know a lot of FB users don't like adding people they don't know in real life. "Horror stories" about employers and others finding damaging content on FB haven't helped with that, making people (overly) cautious on FB.

I sent both you guys a friend request. I have blondish brown hair holding a cat.

I didn't get one as of yet, but I'll wait a few minutes and check again.

I sent you a friend request. My name is Meghan Bee, the same as my username. I'll mostly be posting about the College Program, if that's alright with you. :P

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Facebook doesn't have much appeal to me at the moment. Most of my friends don't use it or use it so very rarely. I can honestly say I maybe contact or communicate with about five people on Facebook on a regular basis that I actually know personally. And none of them follow my interest in Disney. So I would love to add more friends who share my interest. In fact I have recently started adding some Tokyo Disney Resort albums to my pages with no one to share them with. WDW Figment I have sent you a friend request. I have been a fan of your contributions for a while. For anyone else who may like to add me as a friend and I have a number of MiceChat people already click here. James Malin | Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Hey Meghan and Malin, feel free to send me a friend request, I am currently unable to send them myself. Link to my profile is in post #2. Thanks!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by vj81995 View Post
    I use Facebook to keep in contact with all my friends of course. But I bolded the sentence above because it's also true. There is a small sub-forum on MiceChat called the Teen Scene. It's where all the teenage members communicate, or used to. I say used to because we used to go through 3,000 post threads in a day or two because there were about 20-30 (just look at my signature. It's been such a long time since I've updated it.) of us who would always post. But we've all moved onto Facebook and Skype. Which is where we always talk. In fact, some of us have even met in person and we're even having our first Disneyland meet-up in a few months.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    I use Facebook to keep in contact with all my friends of course. But I bolded the sentence above because it's also true. There is a small sub-forum on MiceChat called the Teen Scene. It's where all the teenage members communicate, or used to. I say used to because we used to go through 3,000 post threads in a day or two because there were about 20-30 (just look at my signature. It's been such a long time since I've updated it.) of us who would always post. But we've all moved onto Facebook and Skype. Which is where we always talk. In fact, some of us have even met in person and we're even having our first Disneyland meet-up in a few months.
    I'm glad you agree!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    I have watched the Teen Scene bring the younger people of MiceChat together. It did not surprise me that these teens took their friendships over to Facebook. Their friendships are not only based on their love for things Disney. They are also based on their common interests in other things.

This very thing has happened to the overall population of MiceChat. People can only discuss their Disney topics so much in a day. It is the era of Social Networking. Facebook and MiceChat are tied together by the friendships that have been made. I miss the people who have left MiceChat, and spend their time strictly on Facebook. I welcome the Facebook members who have found MiceChat, and look forward to making new friendships.

One must be careful about online friendships. Caution, common sense, and following guidelines set down by both of these websites is important to protect one's self.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• 60 Dazzling Years!

Last edited by OC2Epcot; 03-26-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast