• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Question As if Disneyland's attendance problem wasn't already bad

Not that the heavy attendance numbers at DLR are bad...it's just that there are not enough CM's to handle the crush of guests. I am sure it is about to get worse. Disneyland is now advertising to the East coast (via an ad I have seen a few times on ESPN the past day or so). This wasn't about the ESPN Weekend in WDW this was a Disneyland ad about the new parade, fireworks, and attractions.

I am overjoyed to see a Disneyland ad here on the East Coast but is this the proper time considering the lopsidedly high guest/CM ratio?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Namaste and Good Luck

Re: As if Disneyland's attendance problem wasn't already bad

There are several radio stations that are giving AP's away as prizes. I think that they are Deluxe passes. Everytime I hear the contest I yell "DUDE...it's crowded enough." (And yes I say DUDE like that to myself in my car.)
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    Disneyland is now advertising to the East coast (via an ad I have seen a few times on ESPN the past day or so). This wasn't about the ESPN Weekend in WDW this was a Disneyland ad about the new parade, fireworks, and attractions.
    During a winter storm? Very effective advertising.
    At least these guests will be spending money to enter the park.
    No, that doesn't immediately help with the CM-shortage issue.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• See Ya Real Soon!

We get tons of WDW commercials. So why not DL on the East Coast??

They've been heavily advertising the park, and particularly the 50th on both coasts for a while now(to the point that I had trouble convincing a co-worker of mine that it is Disneyland, and only the original Disneyland that is having its fiftieth anniversary. She kept saying," but I SAW this commercial for Walt Disney World that said something about 'come celebrate our 50th Anniversary!'". Grrrr!!!.
    Also, I hardly think that the people who put together these ad campaigns have any idea about the hiring problems. I just can't picture some executive from the promotional department having a meeting with his staff, saying," O.K., kids, we're having serious hiring problems at the parks and we have to tone down/reduce our advertising to get attendance down to ease things up for the over worked cast members!". Do any of you see that as happening? I think their job is to boost or maintain attendance.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista
    We get tons of WDW commercials. So why not DL on the East Coast??
    Because WDW is big enough to handle 43 billion people when they show up all at once.

Disneyland, on the other hand, has it's 50th celebration and we're coming up on the two heaviest weeks of the year. And it's really not all that big. 60,000 in DL feels crowded pretty darn quick.

And you thought LAST week was crowded at DL?

Bring a shoe horn and plenty of vaseline, cuz you're going to need that and running start to make it up Main Street this week!

Did anyone go today?

• Long Distance Imagineer

They were heavily advertising the DL Anniversary, I haven't seen any the last week or so, but the Fox station here is doing a giveaway to see the Park for the 50th. I'm hoping they're going to wait until after New Years Eve to send them.

• insufferable know-it-all

Crowds or no, I for one am GLAD they're finally giving DL the recognition it deserves as the original park. I'll take crowds if it means DL gets the budget and attention that comes with them. I'll take a crowded, well-maintained Disneyland with new, original attractions ANY DAY over a dilapidated but uncrowded one.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...