• Mischievous Mouse

What are they doing to the Mark Twain?

It was just fully refurbished two years ago... I thought.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• formerly very helpful

Re: What are they doing to the Mark Twain?

Mark Twain? Are you thinking of the Columbia?

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Mark Twain starts its refurbishment on Feb 20(tomorrow) till March 5th. The Columbia and Mark Twain refurbishments overlap for only a day.

But it's always better that they get more downtime then none at all.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by nemofinder22 View Post
    Mark Twain starts its refurbishment on Feb 20(tomorrow) till March 5th. The Columbia and Mark Twain refurbishments overlap for only a day.

But it's always better that they get more downtime then none at all.

They need both of these boats for Fantasmic! .. so those rumors of a 1am Fastasmic! for Leap Year? Hmmmmm..

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    They need both of these boats for Fantasmic! .. so those rumors of a 1am Fastasmic! for Leap Year? Hmmmmm..
    They purchased a 3rd big boat that can double for either one. It's slated to make it's first appearance on April 1st !
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    they purchased a 3rd big boat that can double for either one. It's slated to make it's first appearance on april 1st !
    lol
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    Al Lutz is the only one who has been talking about a 1AM performance of Fantasmic! for Leap Year Day. And Lutz has a very good reputation for getting his rumors right.

And you only need one boat to perform Fantasmic!; the Sailing Ship Columbia. You can perform the show without the Mark Twain, and that happens quite a bit with either pre-planning or a last-second change during the show.

• Disney is home

The Mark Twain is not needed in order for Fantasmic to be shown. The Columbia, however, is needed in order for the show to perform. During the down time, the characters will most likely be on the island as they usually do when the Mark Twain is down for refurbishment.

• Observer

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    The Mark Twain is not needed in order for Fantasmic to be shown. The Columbia, however, is needed in order for the show to perform. During the down time, the characters will most likely be on the island as they usually do when the Mark Twain is down for refurbishment.
    most likely right. the island finalie will be used... as for the shop on the 29th, 1 am show is scheduled and cast members have been scheduled for shifts to work fantasmic guest control that day

• Mischievous Mouse

But again, it was JUST refurbed 2 years ago, (I though when they drained ROA and reboult the tracks, does it usually receive maintenance this often?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    But again, it was JUST refurbed 2 years ago, (I though when they drained ROA and reboult the tracks, does it usually receive maintenance this often?
    Remember that it's a 57 year old wooden structure that's exposed to water 24/7. Being refurbed every 2 years or so keeps it in pristine condition and prevents wood rotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    Watch the PotC movies, notice that the pirates are actually doing a lot of work on the deck of the boat, this isn't just for show, it takes a lot of effort to keep everything clean, maintained, and working.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Remember that it's a 57 year old wooden structure that's exposed to water 24/7. Being refurbed every 2 years or so keeps it in pristine condition and prevents wood rotting.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. I would think it would get a lot of attention to keep it in working condition. Look what happened to the Keel Boat after sitting idle in the water for years....

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!