Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are some "lands" and Rides you would like to see at Disneyland

talking about this with my family today! What kind of rides would you like to see add, or existing rides change? What kind of lands would be fun? I hear a lot of people wanting a Villain land! Just thought this would be fun to talk about! Put your input in!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: What are some "lands" and Rides you would like to see at Disneyland

Muppet Studios at DCA in the back portion of Hollywood Pictures Backlot/Hollywoodland.

Would it be cool to see a Lost City Land? Kind of like an Atlantis City type of land with greek architecture and attractions. I would like to see that in Disneyland or a Disneypark. It could have an E-Ticket Dark Ride coaster attraction.

But a Villain Land seems cool.

• -

I would love to see Tomorrowland. I picture it showing us what the world could possibly look like in the near future. It could show us new modes of transportation, and maybe even have a show that illustrates the progress of mankind and displays a prototype city.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

id like to see tomorrowland become completely indoors. Re-theme it to be a space station of the future. Windows could be simulated with monitors showing open space with spaceship traffic. Star tours and space mountain would be combined to make a space port with sm and st terminals. Buzz would become buzz's space station defense corps where you and buzz defend the station from zurg. And i suppose to keep in theme, the DLRR could pass through a wall of fog and be transported through a wormhole into the space station.

At least this would help solve the issue of TL getting outdated so fast.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

I would like to see Monstropolis at DCA.. It can have the Ride and Go Seek ride at Tokyo, and have an E-Ticket coaster themed to the Door Floor from the movie
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

• Insomniac

Tomorrowland would become more of a city of the future than just a land with a bunch of somewhat futuristic rides. Every other area in the park has to some extent a "lived in" feel to it. Tomorrowland never has. I would put up new facades on all the buildings to make it look as though the buildings we walk under are an actual futuristic office building, home, or something similar. I would like to see the PM tracks demolished and rebuilt with a new format that took guests on a tour of the "city". Tour would include an agrifuture plant, power plant, space station, academy (Innoventions 2.0 built where TLT now is), mass transit station, a futuristic home, and a laboratory. The Agrifuture area would be a Living with the land style green house built back stage that would grow fresh foods to be used by CM at the resort. The power plant would take guests through many of the new technologies that would produce energy for the city (solar, wind, hydroelectric, ect). Space station would go inside of the star tours building (like the original pm). The academy would be a new building built in place of the TLT that would house a clone of sum of all thrills, a car design and testing interactive area, a fireworks testing area, and an attraction that allowed guests to create a new creature using different traits from different animals. Once create an animatronic figure of the creature you create would appear. The mass transit area would include a ride over the new autopia and monorail station. The futuristic home would be a new restraunt and walk through attraction replacing Redd Rockets pizza port. Guests would be dinner guests of a future family and would dine in their home where they would order via touchscreen at their table and their drinks would be delivered by vaccum tube system. The laboratory would be a new particle accelerator e-ticket attraction built in place of Innoventions.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

I'm a big fan of the ill-fated Discovery Bay idea. At this point, however, I could see it more reasonably involving an import of Tokyo's 20,000 Leagues and Journey to the Center of the Earth in addition to Paris' Nautilus walkthrough and Cafe Hyperion. And, honestly, if it were up to me I would be content with it being in either Frontierland as originally intended or taking over Pacific Wharf in DCA. The San Francisco harbour theme works fine for both.

I would like to see a new Fantasyland expansion into what is now the northern half of Autopia. It would be in the style of a medieval fantasy village square, and would have 2 rides. One would be a new "E-Ticket" ride based on Beauty & the Beast, starting with an interactive queue based in Beauty's father's shop/house, and then going up and through the castle behind the northern part of the village. To the east would be a long, long overdue Cinderella 5 minute darkride.

I'd do some major engineering on the small old Aladdin theater in Adventureland, and by going multi-level, and pushing into the access road behind Main Street, put in a 5 minute, fantasyland-style darkride "Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride" similar to Peter Pan's Flight. It would have an interactive queue featuring the wisecracking Genie, monkey, and parrot. The ride itself would be based on the "A Whole New World" sequence, and launch you from the palace balcony out over the city/casbah, and into the starry skies above desert caravans and ancient ruins. (I would be just as pleased to see to see this in fantasyland)

The southern part of Autopia/loading area is still *very* large, and would accommodate a new ride based on....Tron? Avatar? Treasure Planet? Whatever.
    Last edited by greenalfonzo; 02-21-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Id like to see some more classic movies get rides, not new Pixar movies. Not that I hate the new Pixar movie rides, I just think Disney needs to give the classics some more love.
    Rides like...
    -Lion King
    -101 Dalmatians
    -Bambi
    -Lady and the tramp
    -Fox and the hound
    -aladdin
    -Oliver & company
    and maybe even an UP ride even though its Pixar.
    I <3 Disneyland California
    &
    <3
    California Adventure

December 15, 1966 - Also known as the saddest day in world history.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Tomorrowland would become more of a city of the future than just a land with a bunch of somewhat futuristic rides. Every other area in the park has to some extent a "lived in" feel to it. Tomorrowland never has.
    I definitely hear what you're saying, and I agree. I think they made a good step with Star Tours 2.0. It feels a lot more like you're actually stepping into the Star Wars universe, what with the redone queue and all. There's also actual Star Wars characters roaming around now.

I think what makes Tomorrowland not feel lived in the way other lands do is likely due to all the franchises in there and the inability for them to create a cohesive, unified theme for the whole land. You have Star Wars on one side, Toy Story on the other, Captain EO a bit farther down, and then Finding Nemo on the other end. It's hard to create a lived-in feel with that many franchises in one area. I realize that Fantasyland has it's franchises, and now too does New Orleans Square. Adventureland has Indy. But the difference with those is that the attractions are much more hidden than they are in Tomorrowland. The buildings flow into each other. Tomorrowland is more like a bunch of standalone buildings flaunting what's inside with murals and walk-around characters. On the fipside, Indy fits seemlessly in Adventureland. You don't see the pirates or ghosts in NOS until you go into the attractions. Fantasyland was built around the classic Disney films, which are widely regarded as fantasy. So that works. When you go into Tomorrowland, you can't truly feel like your'e in a lived in, futuristic world with a 6 foot Buzz Lightyear posing for photos, or the Jedi Training Academy hitting the stage several times throughout the day. It becomes a big cluster of all sorts of things, and you truly don't get the sense that you are somewhere else. If Tomorrowland was based more on original attractions that were meant to compliment each other in some way or another (they had the right idea with TL '67), you get closer to achieving that. If there were generic spacemen or aliens roaming the area, you would get a better sense of that. If you saw nutty scientists roaming around, showing you their latest gadgets and gizmos, you'd get a sense of it.

•   
    • Minion

I'd love to see Tomorrowland get the steampunk/Jules Verne treatment...an immersive environment. I would wager that I am in the minority with that wish, though, LOL. I loved the theming at Disneyland Paris and the whole "trip to the moon" motif.

Other than that, I'd love to see something on the scale of Haunted Mansion or Pirates...a lush, themed attraction that would knock everyone's socks off; and one that is exclusive to Disneyland in California.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasmiceddie24 View Post
    Would it be cool to see a Lost City Land? Kind of like an Atlantis City type of land with greek architecture and attractions. I would like to see that in Disneyland or a Disneypark. It could have an E-Ticket Dark Ride coaster attraction.

But a Villain Land seems cool.
    I think they have a land like this at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure in Florida. It was pretty cool, though it has been 10 or so years since I've been there, and since I'm 100% Disney now, maybe Disney does need to build one, 'cause otherwise I'll never see it again.

• Minion

I'd be fine with re-theming Critter Country to a Native American theme. That's where the Indian Village once was. Live animals such as deer can live there.... Frontierland: Either a Western River Expedition, Thunder Mesa or Discovery Bay type of mini-land north of Frontierland, with a new station for the DLRR in that area. Thrill ride, slow train ride, shows, eateries.... I'd put a London Town mini-land north of Fantasyland. A full-blown theater with rotating live shows of Mary Poppins, Peter Pan and Bedknobs, all of which are set in London. Plus a Mary Poppins ride attraction, Peter Pan attraction and English village, gardens and tea house.... I'd also like to see a Beauty and the Beast attraction, but it's set in France, right?, so it couldn't be in the London Town mini-land... The land from the submarine lagoon northward to (and including) small world would become a new land with an Oceanic theme. Volcano at the far northeast corner, with a thrill ride in it and nightly eruption show. Surface boat ride. Underwater walk-through tunnel attraction.... Redone Tomorrowland of course, and running on solar power.... A Chinatown area in DCA.... Expansion of the Yosemite/Sierra Nevada theme in the area of Grizzly River Run/Grand Californian. Slow train ride, more waterfalls, caves, walk-through attractions. (The reason there are no paragraph breaks in my posts is that they changed the forum software and it doesn't work with my browser properly any more. So all I can do is one long paragraph. Sorry.)

• Future Animator

Quote Originally Posted by Supertank View Post
    I think they have a land like this at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure in Florida. It was pretty cool, though it has been 10 or so years since I've been there, and since I'm 100% Disney now, maybe Disney does need to build one, 'cause otherwise I'll never see it again.
    Harry Potter has taken over much of that area. Give it a few years and there will be no remnant of Lost Continent in Islands of Adventure.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast