Disneyland and DCA photography!

Hello, everyone! I just wanted to share a few of my photos taken at Disneyland and DCA. I'm a professional photographer but Disney has my heart and I'm always eager to get back there for more photo opportunities. I'm a bit nervous to post these since there are so many talented photographers I've seen on here, but I thought I'd give it a go! I'd love to hear some feedback or any tips you have! Enjoy, and I look forward to chatting!

And before I forget! I'd love to see some of your photos as well, if you have any! Feel free to post them or let me know where they can be found!
    Last edited by KdMouse; 02-22-2012 at 05:58 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland and DCA photography!

I'll jump in and critique your first 2. I am not a professional but I will be happy to give my honest "photographers" opinion. These are things I would have done for myself and no more.

1: i like the overall composition here but it would have been golden if you were centered with the castle entrance. I also think its over HDR processed but if you were meaning to go for that look, then i would at lease ease off the black levels so its has less of that "dirty" look.

2. here i would changed the composition to either just Timothy in the hat without the section of dumbo's ear or include more of dumbo like his eye. either way will be stronger choice and will say a lot more. right now its kinda in between.

I woud also work on the temps and tints if you didn't mean to cause certain color casts.

overall they ARE great and I myself definitely look forward to seeing more.

Welcome to MiceChat.

• 東京ディズニーシーに行きたい

Wow, these are beautiful shots and I'm looking forward to see what more you'll bring to the forums. I agree with orbitalpunk, however. The HDR in the first one is, in my opinion, too much. It's a really tricky skill to nail down.

Again though, the photos are gorgeous!

Photo Via jdhilger

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Love the Picture of the Treasure Room...If you have a BIGGER size picture I'd love to use that as my PC's Wallpaper....Overall great and cant wait to see more.

Also for me anyway I kinda liked the castle not centered...since well thats what everyone else does, so keep taking pictures and uploading them here

• Elk Grove Chris

Great photos!

I agree with Napeterson, the first one is the only one I don't like. I cannot figure out HDR for the life of me, it can be pretty frustrating. A couple of the photographers here like HotSauce and MacDaddy have it so nailed, makes me look at HDR photos with a certain bias.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

• Tom Bricker

Orbitalpunk took the words from my mouth. Glad he typed it so I didn't have to. Agreed 100% with him!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Welcome to MiceChat! One of my fav things about this place (one of many) is looking at everyones vision of the park. I love to see all the different pictures, no matter what they are because it inspires me to try to learn and do better myself! We so have some amazing photographers around here, and I appreciate every one of them sharing what they do with the rest of us!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Thanks everyone for the critiques! I agree completely about the first image. That particular photo is about three years old and was the first HDR I had ever done, so that's really why I like it. It reminds me how much I've grown as a photographer.

I actually have a photo of Timothy the Mouse exactly how you described, Orbitalpunk. I just really love the bokeh in this one, lol!

I look forward to becoming a part of this community, you all seem like such lovely people! I'll definitely be posting more photos soon. Next week I have ten portrait sessions at Disneyland (mostly for portfolio purposes) so expect to see some of those!

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

Lookin' good, I too have dabbled in HDR and like many others it can be a frustrating endeavor. I'm a fan of how you framed the pictures, good job.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ca-photogrrl/sets/72157622976529774/ That's my Disneyland master set.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• 11 Year Annual Passholder

These are amazing... I can't wait to see more! I am so glad to see that the amount of photographers on MiceChat is growing!
    Feel free to visit my photography thread.
    Welcome to MiceChat!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 11.09.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KdMouse View Post

I actually have a photo of Timothy the Mouse exactly how you described, Orbitalpunk. I just really love the bokeh in this one, lol!
    if thats the case, then I would crop this photo as a vertical shot rather than a horizontal shot with just timothy and that beautiful bokeh behind him.

•   
    • Minion

I don't mind the first one at all reminds me of a painting. Good work can't wait to see more!