Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• ---------------

Re: reviews on the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by foreveradisneykid View Post
    ....None of us have ever ate at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ and I was wonder if anyone had any reviews. Is it worth trying? We have also never ate at the Golden Horseshoe before.
    Haven't done Big Thunder and wondered the same.
    Horseshoe is great place to eat and catch the show (you can grab food from another restaurant or cart and bring it in).
    It's been awhile since we did dessert there.
    They use to have a think a 6 layer chocolate (w/ chocolate frosting and chocolate chips) cake (for at least 3-4 people to eat off of). It was a great cake slice
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• DLR Cast Member

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ is becoming very popular. If you want to eat during the popular lunch and dinner hours, a reservation will save you a wait (sometimes an hour or more). Trust me, I often work there.

If you've eaten at Stage Door, you've eaten at Golden Horseshoe. Essentially the same menu except GH has ice cream sundaes.
    Big Thunder BBQ is pretty good. It's much different than the original BBQ that was there in the 80's which was NOT all you can eat. The rub is more of a dry one than a saucy one and it's not bad at all, especially for theme park food. But for all of those talking about $20 not being bad, where did you get $20? I think even after they did the price reduction eliminating drink and cupcakes it's still 24.95 or 27.95. Annual pass discounts help.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Little Green Man

At BTR BBQ do they offer a vegetarian option (with vegetarian pricing perhaps?) My wife is a vegetarian which is why we've never tried it.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Lunch: Adults: $21.99, Kids 3-9 $9.99 (not including tax and gratuity)s. Dinner: Adults: $24.99, Kids 3-9 $9.99(not including tax and gratuity. Neither pricing is with the AP discount.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Johnny and Me!

If you want something that isn't fried at the GH, try the chili in a bread bowl.
    Last edited by dfan07; 02-25-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyPhotoGuy View Post
    Big Thunder BBQ > Golden Horseshoe's food any time of the day and twice on Sunday.

The ribs fall off the bone. Worth every penny. I've eaten there several times.
    Went to BBQ with family of five. Mom and daughter enjoyed, Dad, sons 18 and 16 (very hungry by planning a late lunch) absolutly loved AND filled up with the all you can eat. Will go again for sure!

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I was glad to see this thread. We tried to eat at the BBQ last time we were there, but it was too busy. It is nice to see opinions on the quality vs. price.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Quote Originally Posted by jibbly View Post
    At BTR BBQ do they offer a vegetarian option (with vegetarian pricing perhaps?) My wife is a vegetarian which is why we've never tried it.
    Yes they do! It's a Tofu square patty and I don't think it's any cheaper, though, since she could still partake of the other side dishes. I've been able to request it at the table even after having meat as an "extra".
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12