Help me organize my disneyland trip the last week of march :)

4 days, 2 days each park that is the basis for my FIRST trip to disneyland (monday 3/26 to sunday 4/1)

I'm reading a lot from this page to organize my trip (is spring break so i know is goint to be very crowded). My attack plan would be like this (disney release a few days ago all the hours for march and first week of april)
    * Hours in red are my choice.

Monday 3/26
    Disney California adventure
    Park Hours: 10:00am - 9:00pm
    World Of Color at 8:00pm/9:15pm
    (9:15 to expect less people)

Tuesday 3/27
    Disneyland
    Park Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am
    Mickey's Soundsational Parade at 4:00pm / 6:30pm
    * From there always be near the center to see
    Remember Dreams Come True at 9:30pm
    * And no fantasmic this day because fantasmic is at 9:00pm and 10:30pm, very near dreams come true.
    * Disneyland has a lot of attractions so we would concentrate in one half of the park and the next day on the other half.

Wednesday 3/28
    Personal things XD we have to visit some relatives etc etc =p

Thursday 3/29

Disneyland
    Park Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am
    Fantasmic! at 9:00pm / 10:30pm
    (The faqs recommend this hour to expect less people and to be there at least one hour and a half before the beggining of the show)
    * No dreams come true to see fantasmic and no Soundsational Parade because i see it the first day so i can spend that time in rides and attractions.

Friday 3/30

Disney California adventure

Park Hours: 10:00am - 10:00pm
    World Of Color at 9:00pm/10:15pm
    (i expect this day to have less people in world of color because of the late hour of the show)
    * NO electronica all the week

Saturday 3/31

Universal Studios
    XD

Also i want to buy the picnics to have a good spot i mean a good color fastpass ubicattion for world of color, what would you recommend me, to buy it on monday or on friday?

Any tips or any change would be very helpfull for me. Thank you so much =)
    Last edited by hitomi04; 02-23-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Re: Help organize my disneyland trip the last week of march :)

please any commentary would help

• Ewok

honestly if you really pushed you could do California Adventure in a day. Also you should always have one person in the group be a "runner" and have them hold all the tickets in the group so they can run and grab fastpasses for important rides. if you want amazing seats for fantasmic start camping out before the show even starts, last time we went my husband and i camped out for 2 and a half hours and we were sort of in the back of the sitting only area. if it looks super busy and fantasmic is really important to you i really would suggest this. do you have any fun things to do while waiting in line? search around on google and you can find some fun disney oriented games to play while waiting in line. if you expect it to be crowded i would suggest getting a fastpass for world of color, you'll get a semi amazing viewing area or an even better one if you want to get wet. if you have any questions feel free to ask me them i just went back in late december and i had folders made up for each person in my group with games, quizes, best time for the rides etc.

Since you are seeing the late show for fantasmic something you can do is take the train to New Orleans Square around the time the first show is ending. People leaving the first show will mostly be going the other direction so you can swoop in as they are leaving.
    Also the parks are pretty close together therefore it is easy to visit both parks on the same day. We often start at Disneyland and then hit DCA later in the day when Disneyland is more crowded then return to DL later to use fast passes and do other activities.
    I don't have any World of Color advice, both times I've seen it have been unplanned and we were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time:-)

1. Parkhoppers: You should consider both parks as one big park. They are 120 steps apart.
    If you are in Town Square in DL, Soaring in CA is closer and faster to get to than Small World in DL!
    Eg: You can see the 3:30 DL Soundsational parade, then have dinner, Aladdin in CA at 6:20, then 8:15 WOC.

2. There are many fun things that are scheduled at the same time in CA.
    Small Shows that are great fun such as: Minnie's Fly Girls, Phineas and Ferb, Turtle Talk, Disney Jr, Wilderness Explorer Ceremony with Russell, Electronica, Pixar Pals, Disney Dance Crew, etc.

3. Look for characters (Princesses) on the side paths to the Castle between 10:30 -2:30. In DL take time to see the DL Band at the castle at 12:00, and usually the Mary Poppins Castle show at 1:00. Go see Billy Hill, and The Laughing stock at the Golden Horseshoe. If you have kids or just want great fun with Alice and the Mad Hater show up for Musical Chairs at the Coke corner at 2:30 in DL. Spending time talking with the Characters that are out in the park Cruella, Mary Poppins, Alice, Hatter, Evil Queen are very good actors and stay in character is great.

3. Relax and enjoy the park(s), take time to relax and change the "schedule" if things or interests change.

Quote Originally Posted by numberfour View Post
    honestly if you really pushed you could do California Adventure in a day. Also you should always have one person in the group be a "runner" and have them hold all the tickets in the group so they can run and grab fastpasses for important rides. if you want amazing seats for fantasmic start camping out before the show even starts, last time we went my husband and i camped out for 2 and a half hours and we were sort of in the back of the sitting only area. if it looks super busy and fantasmic is really important to you i really would suggest this. do you have any fun things to do while waiting in line? search around on google and you can find some fun disney oriented games to play while waiting in line. if you expect it to be crowded i would suggest getting a fastpass for world of color, you'll get a semi amazing viewing area or an even better one if you want to get wet. if you have any questions feel free to ask me them i just went back in late december and i had folders made up for each person in my group with games, quizes, best time for the rides etc.
    Thanks for all the tips i will love to know the best time for the rides if you could tell me that it will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by daffodilklown View Post
    Since you are seeing the late show for fantasmic something you can do is take the train to New Orleans Square around the time the first show is ending. People leaving the first show will mostly be going the other direction so you can swoop in as they are leaving.
    I will do exactly that =)

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    1. Parkhoppers: You should consider both parks as one big park. They are 120 steps apart.
    If you are in Town Square in DL, Soaring in CA is closer and faster to get to than Small World in DL!
    Eg: You can see the 3:30 DL Soundsational parade, then have dinner, Aladdin in CA at 6:20, then 8:15 WOC.

2. There are many fun things that are scheduled at the same time in CA.
    Small Shows that are great fun such as: Minnie's Fly Girls, Phineas and Ferb, Turtle Talk, Disney Jr, Wilderness Explorer Ceremony with Russell, Electronica, Pixar Pals, Disney Dance Crew, etc.

3. Look for characters (Princesses) on the side paths to the Castle between 10:30 -2:30. In DL take time to see the DL Band at the castle at 12:00, and usually the Mary Poppins Castle show at 1:00. Go see Billy Hill, and The Laughing stock at the Golden Horseshoe. If you have kids or just want great fun with Alice and the Mad Hater show up for Musical Chairs at the Coke corner at 2:30 in DL. Spending time talking with the Characters that are out in the park Cruella, Mary Poppins, Alice, Hatter, Evil Queen are very good actors and stay in character is great.

3. Relax and enjoy the park(s), take time to relax and change the "schedule" if things or interests change.
    Amazing suggestions, thanks