Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Disney releases their in-park app to iPhone and all users (android too!)

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Makes you wonder if maybe limited access wifi is in the future for the parks... would tie into all the nextgen technology concepts, etc. Cell service is nortiously spotty in the parks. Turning on a public wifi overlay with Disney-app only access would alleviate that.
    This, of course, would be great! Until people start streaming their Netflix movies while standing in line. Or do live video streaming from the parks.

I'm sure Disney would limit it, maybe even to their own apps, though I'm not sure that's possible.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    do I have to be inside the theme park or resort to get the FP and wait times?
    What if I am inside DCA and want to know the wait times for DL? will it still work?
    If it's like the original Verizon cell phone app you only have to be in one of the parks to get info for both, but if you are in Downtown Disney it will only give the minimum info.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I'm sure Disney would limit it, maybe even to their own apps, though I'm not sure that's possible.
    It's simple.. just limit what the network can hit.. to only Disney sites. Which is what I mentioned in the earlier post too. Free public wifi would just be a distraction - but wifi to Disney services would be another way to engage the customer
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

I've had this for a while on my Droid. It was always accurate for both FP times and when Indy would close. (Once I brought it up as we approached Indy, only to see it go Closed just as CMs closed off the line for an e-stop.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

It's simple.. just limit what the network can hit.. to only Disney sites. Which is what I mentioned in the earlier post too. Free public wifi would just be a distraction - but wifi to Disney services would be another way to engage the customer
    Of course, I don't know what I was thinking. So, bring it on Disney!

Except that, at least on my iPhone, if it connects to WiFi network with limited access, it's not smart enough to fall back on the 3G network for accessing everything it can't get over WiFi.

• Minion

Search for 'disney mobile magic' in the app store on your iphone

Its very strict other users have said about being in the parks. Dunno if it treats DCA and DL as 'equals' in terms of allowing access to the data. When not in the parks, all you get is labels like 'moderate' 'high' etc

---------- Post added 02-24-2012 at 05:12 PM ----------

It uses location services aka GPS.. if you don't grant it access to that, you get the dumbed down info.

If you don't have network access at all - it doesn't seem to do anything. I turned on airplane mode and the app basically just sits there waiting for network

So you need a data connection to use it

Makes you wonder if maybe limited access wifi is in the future for the parks... would tie into all the nextgen technology concepts, etc. Cell service is nortiously spotty in the parks. Turning on a public wifi overlay with Disney-app only access would alleviate that.
    thax for shareing its downlado i use mouse wait
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• I'm from Canada eh!

Great idea, but unless they start offereing Free Wifi it is pointless for out of country guests.

I search Disney Mobile Magic and it doesn't come up

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Quote Originally Posted by l0nepinemall View Post
    This is cool and all, but I can't use it! Last time I went to DL, I got zero service. I couldn't call, text, or use data. Stupid Sprint
    Odd, last time I was at DL my Sprint service was great. I would lose connection sometimes inside buildings but that was it.

Downloaded the APP and love it!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

M'nope, still can't get it for my Android, thanks to Disney hating Canadians.

This looks cool. I just installed it and can't wait to try it out. Might head to the parks tonight.

I'm also on Sprint and seem to get terrible reception within the parks. My connection is very sporadic and often seems to downgrade to 1x speed rather than 3G. I suspect the constant connecting/searching for signal is also why my battery seems to drain more quickly at Disneyland than anywhere else.

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

If anyone needs a good Disneyland Resort Menus app there's I suggest "Disneyland Dining+" :-)

Available for both iOS and Droid, links in my signature down below.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I used it earlier today to look at the Walt Disney World calendar. I thought it had all of the elegance of the Walt Disney World website...

For those having issues with Sprint, if your package includes data roaming you still have to manually activate it on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Great idea, but unless they start offereing Free Wifi it is pointless for out of country guests.
    International visitors cannot download the app...

Just installed it myself and it looks great! Of course, I'm getting general wait times because I am not at the parks, so will do a real test next time I go.

Simple straightforward layout. I hope this works because I'm tired of the bloat of other wait time apps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast