Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Disney releases their in-park app to iPhone and all users (android too!)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    do I have to be inside the theme park or resort to get the FP and wait times?
    What if I am inside DCA and want to know the wait times for DL? will it still work?
    Since I know the DL parks, I didn't use it.
    When in FL (WDW) it knew which park I was in.
    You can select another park (if I remember)

---------- Post added 02-24-2012 at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Odd, last time I was at DL my Sprint service was great. I would lose connection sometimes inside buildings but that was it.

Downloaded the APP and love it!
    Verizon works well in the parks.
    As mention, in show buildings service goes down (most of the time.... HM and POTC I know you can't get anything).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

So the official wait times only work when you are at disneyland or is that feature unlocked once you go to Disneyland the first time?

Meaning once you go to Disneyland, can you see the official wait times (minutes) even when you are not at disneyland anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by micky90 View Post
    So the official wait times only work when you are at disneyland or is that feature unlocked once you go to Disneyland the first time?

Meaning once you go to Disneyland, can you see the official wait times (minutes) even when you are not at disneyland anymore?
    It's location based, so it knows when you are at DLR. It will only work there.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

kinda weird they left the Verizon logo in. I know it was the initial partner, but really?

other than that, i kind like it. especially the built in event reminder.

• Closed Account

I personally couldn't stand the look of most unofficial apps. They were extremely amateurish in their art, and hurt my eyes to look at it.

This made me delete the most popular one from my phone. It's very slick and without the bloatware and ads the other apps have...and it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by l0nepinemall View Post
    This is cool and all, but I can't use it! Last time I went to DL, I got zero service. I couldn't call, text, or use data. Stupid Sprint
    really? I haven't been to DL since 09 when I didn't have a 3G phone but when i went my phone worked fine. Only time I noticed spotty coverage was back in 05 when I was riding the train and entered Splash Mountain.

I also thought that DLR was in a 4G area?

---------- Post added 02-24-2012 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Verizon works well in the parks.
    As mention, in show buildings service goes down (most of the time.... HM and POTC I know you can't get anything).
    thats even more confusing. Verizon and Sprint roam onto each other so Sprint coverage should work if roam is turned on? lol I'll figure it out when I go next I guess :P
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Finally!!!!!

If you want to see the real wait times just download locationholic from Cydia. It fakes your location on your iphone. Im looking at the real wait times for disneyland and Im 30 miles away from the park.

Space Mountain currently has a 45min wait.

This app is SOOOO awesome, makes touring plans worthless now.

Thankyou Disney!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Finally!!!!!

If you want to see the real wait times just download locationholic from Cydia. It fakes your location on your iphone. Im looking at the real wait times for disneyland and Im 30 miles away from the park.

Thankyou Disney!
    Isn't the park closed?
    How does it have a 45 min wait?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

The park just closed, there is still probably a line. They dont kick you out of line when the park closes.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

They dont kick you out of line when the park closes.
    True.
    But I haven't seen 45 min before.
    I'm guessing it updates every so often and that was the last update. Once park closes
    I would guess it doesn't send out an update.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Either way, this app is awesome.

• Toad Hall

Either way, this app is awesome.
    Must agree fully, I love the FREE app! I know micewait is free but sometimes people put in wrong times and really is confusing
    <font size=4> </font>

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    kinda weird they left the Verizon logo in. I know it was the initial partner, but really?

other than that, i kind like it. especially the built in event reminder.
    It is still officially sponsored by verizon, it says in the app description that verizon wireless iphone customers get extra features to use in the park... as my iphone is on AT&T I wouldn't know what these were.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    It is still officially sponsored by verizon, it says in the app description that verizon wireless iphone customers get extra features to use in the park... as my iphone is on AT&T I wouldn't know what these were.
    It lists it in the app description.

Verizon users get video content with more than 100 videos. (Probably just marketing stuff).
    A Pirate trivia game/name generator.
    A Disney Character puzzle.
    And a "What Disney Character Am I?" quiz.

Basically, you're not missing anything if you aren't on Verizon.

• A Weather Eye Open

I like that it is hooked up to the FP times and official Disney wait times. The user generated apps are supposed to be self-policing but I find that they are problematic, so I've been waiting months for this! Even if the Disney time is a little off, I'd rather see that because I am used to estimating my wait based on that number and how the line looks visually after so many years in the park as an AP. I don't trust other users, haha.

And I too am dying for WiFi in the parks. I used to sit at Riverbelle and eat and do my schoolwork while waiting for F! and it killed not to have Internet. My cell service is Verizon and I have an iPhone and my signal for both cell and 3G is spotty in the resort. One day I will have full service and the next visit in the same spot it will barely make calls, much less send or get data. It's so bad compared to my service in the REST of Anaheim that I wonder if some areas don't have cell signal blockers in order to improve radio communications like on airplanes.

---------- Post added 02-25-2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

Finally!!!!!

Thankyou Disney!
    Couldn't find the app you recommended. Is it Apple or Droid?
    Last edited by StrikeYerColors; 02-25-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast