Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• One in a Million!

Re: I don't know how to feel about the one more disney day I had..

Did anybody stay there the whole 24 hours? What was that like?
    The AP from 7734
    feels that his siestas are getting chorter & chorter

Best BLAB score: 1,482,900
    Best TSMM score: 217,400

BREAK YO'SELF, FOO!

• Faith.Trust.PixieDust

I was 3 hours away from being there the full 24 hours. So close and yet so far. I made the conscious, although difficult decision to leave after finally getting my fill of witnessing all of the things the OP mentioned. The final straw was me being in the bathrooms behind the Disney Gallery, washing my hands and I just wanted a sip of water to wet my mouth. I cupped my hands, filled them with water and as I was going to take a drink, this chick, extremely drunk and just disgusting LEANS over my sink and was like "Heyyyyyy!! How's your night goingggg?" and I'm like "Uh, fine?" and she's just like "Wooo! Yay, Disneyyy!" I just couldn't deal with it anymore. Not to mention the fact I got my feet stepped on multiple times by people, also drunk, who also felt it okay to encroach on my personal space and get right in my face to apologize, or take my hand and shake it.

Don't get me wrong, the DAY was great, probably one of the best days I've had at Disneyland, (was able to ride Star Tours FOUR times, madness! Lol. And only waited 20 minutes for Peter Pan.) but once the crowds started showing up, that was it.

Don't these people have jobs ? Oh! Perhaps they don't which explains the behavior. Just saying.

• Toad Hall

So glad I didnt go now, I would be pissed seeing people act like this and smoking weed in the park. This place is like my second home and would feel really disrespected seeing people do this in the park.
    <font size=4> </font>

i dont think this is a reflection of the so cal crowd as a whole but more of a reflection of the kind of people this attracts. Kind of like the grad night crowd times 11
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    i dont think this is a reflection of the so cal crowd as a whole but more of a reflection of the kind of people this attracts. Kind of like the grad night crowd times 11
    It's the truth, the type of people that were at Disneyland last night were not your average pass holder / vacationers. A lot of these people all had the idea of getting high / drunk and going on rides. It was my friend's first time to Disneyland last night and I'm going to buy him another day so he can see what the park is really like.

• Rides against injustice

I dont think Disney was expecting this huge a turnout!! I have NEVER seen Disneyland so packed before!!
    The wife and I drove down after work at 8pm and we were cruising on the FWY from Burbank until we hit the La Palma exit. Then it was just gridlocked the rest of the way. I jumped out of the carpool lane and decided to bypass the Disneyland Drive exit and try Harbor instead. Even though I got off the freeway quicker exiting Harbor, the street itself was JAMMED!!! At one point an Anaheim Fire Dept truck was stuck next to a Anaheim PD cruiser. The fireman in the passenger seat asked the officer if they were going to have anyone directing traffic to help alleviate some of the congestion. Cop said "no, not that I know of.."
    At this point it was 930 and we were going nowhere fast. My wife had to use the restroom so I told her to just get off and go through the pedestrian entrance on Harbor. I figured I would meet up with her soon. How wrong I was.
    Although she got in right away it took me another 1 1/2 hours just to park and actually get back to the park. Toy Story Lot was basically a free for all as they had given up on any sort of traffic control once you passed the toll gates.
    By the time I made it back to Disneyland they had stopped entry into the park. As I waited for the gates to reopen I could see people drinking alcohol in line and started smelling marijuana smoke as well. At one point I even saw a few people snort *something* out of a container. People were bragging about sneaking in booze and drugs.
    When the gates finally reopened again at 1230am it was basically everyone for themselves as the lines broke down and everyone crushed forward. There was no sense of order whatsoever and it seemed like the main gate CM's were just trying to get people inside as quickly as possible.
    I finally got in at 1am and hustled to Frontierland to meet up with my wife and our friends that had arrived earlier in the day. It was just wall-to-wall people everywhere. At this point I was pretty much over it. I almost felt like just going home but since it had taken me so long to get in I sucked it up and tried to make the best of it.
    All in all it was an "interesting" night. We made it to 6am and luckily the way out went MUCH smoother.
    I dont think I'll ever be doing anything like this again, but hopefully if Disney does decide to hold this type of event again they will think about blackouts for some of the AP's and hopefully handle crowd control a bit better.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Pirate Princess

Sounds like I'm not the only one who had a less-than perfect night. I just posted my experience in a new thread here.
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

Woke up an our later than planned and got there at 7am, was a little disappointed that i couldnt get a hat but felt better when i heard people started lining up for those things at 7 the day before. It was quite peaceful when i arrived, i was pretty shocked at how light it was. jumped on some rides no problem and by 8 i already got picture with mickey twice (toontown + main st) and with minnie. I took it slow, and rode some more rides, the longest i waited was probably indy at 20 minutes that morning. I saw daisy come out for a news interview but left right after.
    I headed to DCA at around 10:30, it was pretty crowded over there but I was on a lucky streak with characters and caught aviator minnie with a short line. I spent my time leisurely here as well, did all the things i normally wouldnt do (monsters inc., muppets 3D, turtle talk) and got pictures with pluto and chip in dale with more short lines. I left DCA pretty early cause I wasnt feeling it that day haha and went out for subway only to come back and find the mickey structure full; i ended up at the toy story lot.
    Perhaps my timing was good, it got insanely crowded at the turnstile right after i got back into disneyland, where people were so busy to get in there was pratically no line for Cruella and Mary Poppins + Bert. I hit up some more rides, caught the show at the golden horseshoe while i ate something between lunch and dinner and then finished off the rest of the rides. I didnt get to ride thunder mountain due to the filming of modern family, they shut down the ride for the filiming for a while, it was insane that they picked that day of all days to film.
    By the time it was 8 i was satisfied with my day and thought id swing by the "Midnight Snack" area just cause i had a climbing feeling that people were going to show up early. And i was right, the line was already almost 100 people long so I jumped in and waited 3 hours to get in.
    I'm not sure how to review my experience there. Everyone was friendly but it took forever to get everyone to sign the consent form to be video taped. Once we got in to get snacks, the "hot" water for cocoa and tea was barely lukewarm. I didnt try the coffee. The dessert table was all chocolate, as much as i LOVE chocolate, i wouldve really wished they had something to cleanse the pallete with. I was very overwhelmed. It was great though, as ive always wanted to but have never eaten any of the sweets at disneyland.
    They had the Mickey Krispies dipped in chocolate, brownies, Mickey face cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, and chocolate shots. They also brought out Chip and Dale in thier pajamas which was rather cool. It seemed like much chaos to get pictures though as they were walking around. Dale was also rather extremely hyper as he played with the guests.
    After all of that we headed over through the very very very busy way to out reserved viewing for Fantasmic. I was informed it didnt matter what order we were in to walk there, that everyone would be able to see but that wasnt the case. It was honestly a very great spot right by the tech booth but the people in the back couldnt see much behind all the other people. Especially me being 5' 1'' i stood on my tippy toes the whole show and barely saw a thing...and i was in the middle. Most of the people in front had the decency to sit though I happened to be behind the group that was standing the whole time, i was rather annoyed by this guy using his ipad to record the show, everyone behind him moved because they couldnt see.
    Fantasmic was great though, I always enjoy it no matter what. After the show I waited a while for the area to clear but i realized it was jam packed to the brim even after waiting. So i figure id head home after getting pictures with the Pajama crew, Darth vader and Country Bears. Wrong, the line was insane for all of them and as i walked through the park i was getting rather annoyed with all the teens and such that were cursing, wreaked of alcohol and going wild without concern for anyone but themselves. It was worse than grad nite. So I headed home, the line at the turnstiles were mad and so were all the ticket booths that were open, i couldnt believe it and I'm glad I left when I did.

My day overall was good as far as completion goes but I have to say i just happened to be at the right place at the right time all day, luck was a big factor in my almost very smooth day. I wish it was a bit more controlled though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    hopefully if Disney does decide to hold this type of event again they will think about blackouts for some of the AP's and hopefully handle crowd control a bit better.
    Not AP blockouts!!!! lol but really SOOOOO many people showed up and im sure they made SOOOOO much money that next time having both parks open will be a lot more lucrative. When they both end up getting full...well maybe you're on to something.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I had 2 fiends there who consider themselves pretty hardcore Disney Addicts...

Both HATED it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Thank you all for reminding me that I would like to extend a huuuge thank you to all the CM's that worked last night. not one was ever rude, annoyed, or apathetic about what was going on. everyone was chipper and though a couple food service CM's were really frustrated with their lack of supplies, huge unmanagable lines, and rowdy slurring guests, from one CM I got a "thank you for being so patient with me", and from the other frustrated CM I encountered I got "I'm so sorry, it's been such a long night. I just want to go home."

if it wasn't for them last night I can easily say my trip would have been a lot worse. no one was expecting how many people would show up, or how many people would use the event as an excuse to get wasted.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Agreed and hopefully in the future the resort will take the same measures that it does with grad night events to ensure that alcohol and drug use in the parks are mitigated.

I think if they wanted to give you an extra Disney day, they should have opened the park at midnight and closed the following midnight giving you the full 24 hours of leap day. Plus a lot of people would have left in the morning after having spent the night there leaving the die hards and a more regular crowd the rest of the day.

• a very mery unbirthday!

well then.. my story:

i only decided to go because my friends were already there and decided why not..so i managed to arrive at just before 7pm also just before they closed the bridge to get into the parking structure; literally i was about the 2nd to last car to be let over the pass. the trams were working great. they were using all four stops at DTD to drop off people. then security was a breeze, then the line to get in was stretching to the gates at dca but surprisingly moved pretty quick.

from there i met with my friends at tomorrowland terrace where we watched MASSIVE crowds of tweens-teens-twenty-somethings dancing. at one point a couple kids went on stage and got kicked out naturally. (prior to meeting my buddies apparently someone sprained their ankle in a dance off too) so from there we didnt do much but stand and watch. we wanted to dance but not in that mess..

by midnight most of the teens and kids had left and we headed to watch fantasmic. it was super packed and couldnt see much of the 1am showing. what i found interesting was we saw two cast members in costume from TLMM sent over for crowd control. by this time we hadn't gotten on any rides cause of how crazy it was..even at around 2am according to mousewait the line for space, indiana, and thunder were 100+ minutes. rides like star tours, peter pan, were 80+...and finally by 4am we left.

i did see one drunk at the tram stop at the parking structure but from what ive been hearing and reading we got lucky and still had a great time, although my friend almost got knocked over by a kid running from security earlier in the day. overall we had nice calm fun just hanging out and being in the park with each other. i do feel very saddened for those who experienced much worse..rumors of people climbing over fences at the main gate and security....someone supposedly cracking their head open in fronteirland, or dealing with very unruly guests.. i hope 4 years from now if they ever do something like this again theyll have 1) MUCH more security and 2) more strict/thorough security searches. again overall i had fun with my friends hanging out...but i dont think ill do it again
    guess what!? its my Unbirthday!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast