Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: I don't know how to feel about the one more disney day I had..

i was thir from 5:30am it nice up till about right after mickey soundatiol prade i went over to to get pic with mickey and gang and watedid for about an hour then said went over to fastmic and said se ya bye that time the park was packed it we had good time bradcasting live at disneyland for wedsdday show
    t
    Last edited by mickeyfan4ever; 03-01-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by littlemoon View Post
    Thank you all for reminding me that I would like to extend a huuuge thank you to all the CM's that worked last night. not one was ever rude, annoyed, or apathetic about what was going on. everyone was chipper and though a couple food service CM's were really frustrated with their lack of supplies, huge unmanagable lines, and rowdy slurring guests, from one CM I got a "thank you for being so patient with me", and from the other frustrated CM I encountered I got "I'm so sorry, it's been such a long night. I just want to go home."

if it wasn't for them last night I can easily say my trip would have been a lot worse. no one was expecting how many people would show up, or how many people would use the event as an excuse to get wasted.
    Oh yes definitely. I made sure to thank every CM I encountered throughout the night. Some told me that their 7/8 hour shift was extended to another 6. :[

• Disney Trivia Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    but hopefully if Disney does decide to hold this type of event again they will think about blackouts for some of the AP's and hopefully handle crowd control a bit better.
    I disagree, I think that the AP's are more rule followers who wanted to be there for the experience of doing Disneyland for 24 hours... If you want them to blockout something, have them block out teenagers :-) Well the drunk, rowdy ones at least!

• Circle of Ancients

It sounds to me that Disney really dropped the ball here. Maybe they weren't anticipating the crowds that were there, but they certainly SHOULD have. If both parks had stayed open it may not have been so bad.

There is no excuse for them having to extend CM shifts an additional 6 hours if they had properly planned for this.

I had assumed the reason DCA was not open for the 24 hours was because they were going to use their staff at Disneyland. Doesn't seem like this was the case.

I realize they couldn't have used them for Attractions, but for food, crowd control, etc it looks like it would have been nice to have more CM's on hand.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    It sounds to me that Disney really dropped the ball here. Maybe they weren't anticipating the crowds that were there, but they certainly SHOULD have. If both parks had stayed open it may not have been so bad.

There is no excuse for them having to extend CM shifts an additional 6 hours if they had properly planned for this.

I had assumed the reason DCA was not open for the 24 hours was because they were going to use their staff at Disneyland. Doesn't seem like this was the case.

I realize they couldn't have used them for Attractions, but for food, crowd control, etc it looks like it would have been nice to have more CM's on hand.
    Well said.

As a side note, a point of historical fact for the folks excusing Disney with "this is the first time they've done one of these events" -- Disney has had decades of experience with all-night crowds in their Grad Nights, and years of experience in other special events. There is zero excuse for them not being prepared for this and not properly staffing the park for it.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Well said Mr. Wiggins!

I agree with everyone. The kind of people that attended this event was a huge turn off for me. As a Premium AP holder I flew down from Vegas and got into my hotel room at the Grand by 3:00pm. I could tell just from the people in the hotel that something was off. I made my way into DCA then over to Disneyland. The entire time saying to myself in all the years I have been coming, I have never seen people like this here or at least so many of them and this is just 5:00pm. After getting into Disneyland getting on pirates the people got worse and worse. One quick side note why did they have Modern Family filming and creating a traffic nightmare in the parks and closing huge sections on what they knew would be the busiest day for the parks for February? Anyways after seeing everything that everyone has described and then some I checked out of my hotel room got a cab back to DCA and took the 9:30pm flight back to Vegas. This was my 30th visit to the parks this AP year (4/25/11-12) so I am a die hard Disneyland fan but this was a horrible experience. I too find it hard to believe that these were normal pass holders just by how long the lines were at ticket booths.

• a very mery unbirthday!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

i actually saw two cast members from dca's little mermaid ride doing crowd control in their teal costume for the 1am fantasmic showing but thats all that i personally saw by the stage door cafe; but very well said.
    guess what!? its my Unbirthday!!

Well, I don't think they were expecting crowds to hit their peak when they did. I honestly believed by 3 am the crowds would be gone, but I was totally wrong and there was still a huge line just to get in by that time. If anyone thought THAT was going to happen, I'd be very surprised.

All I can say is I think the folks at TDA underestimated how powerful their AP base is, because I think the main difference between WDW's and DL's One More Disney Day was the incredible amount of hype spreading more by word of mouth than anything else. AP's turned DL into the place to be once the sun went down, and I just don't think they were expecting how many people eventually came.

• Rides against injustice

Quote Originally Posted by Dinglehopper View Post
    If you want them to blockout something, have them block out teenagers :-) Well the drunk, rowdy ones at least!
    LOL!!! 100% AGREE!!!

In regards to AP's being rule followers, the people I saw snorting drugs were AP holders as well. I know block outs are unpopular but I was looking at it at as more of a way to cut down on the crowds than anything else.
    Last edited by Zorro825; 03-01-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Minion

I D dont disney came redy for the one more disney i left right after fastmic i mean should oly stop lettting people at the ticket both

---------- Post added 03-01-2012 at 03:46 PM ----------

well saMr Wiggins
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Banned User

Excuse me Zorro, but how do you know "the people snorting drugs" were AP holders? In between hits did they turn to you and say "I m an AP holder by the way"? Or were they friends of yours?

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they do a 24 hour thing in the 80's?

• Disney Trivia Queen

We were there for the full 24 hours and it was a great experience up until seven or eight. So couldn't a possible solution be to close the entry gates at a certain time. Because it seems like people who show up at 2am aren't really there for a unique experience, they are there to be punks.

• Rides against injustice

Quote Originally Posted by misfits138 View Post
    Excuse me Zorro, but how do you know "the people snorting drugs" were AP holders? In between hits did they turn to you and say "I m an AP holder by the way"? Or were they friends of yours?
    HAHA..i was behind them in line and saw them have their AP's scanned. I wasnt just making assumptions
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast