Upgrading from Premium AP to Premier AP...

Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade from a Disneyland AP to a Premier AP if you are on the payment plan? Do they add the monthly charges on top of what you already pay each month? Or do you pay the difference in one lump sum and then continue with the payments? I can't seem to find a number on the website for this, as it says anything having to do with the Premier Annual Pass you need to go to the turn styles.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: Upgrading from Premium AP to Premier AP...

I asked last year, and they told me they don't have a payment plan just for the Premiere pass itself. You would pay the $300 difference up front, and then the payments would stay the same.

• When Will It Return?

Some friends and I tried upgrading to Premiers for our February 2012 WDW trip. We were told that no monthly payments are possible for Premier. If you're on monthly's for the Premium, the full amount of the Premium as well as the difference to upgrade to Premier must be paid on the spot.

Since I was the only one who had a Premium paid for, I was the only one who upgraded. No monthly payments for the Premier or upgrading are possible, according to the CM at the DLR ticket booth. This is as of about a month ago.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

I also did this, by paying the remaining balance from my premium pass.

My only gripe was when we did this at Disneyworld's DTD, they kept bouncing us from booth to booth because they weren't exactly sure how to do the upgrade. Guess it doesn't happen as often.

I must say, it was totally worth it to upgrade when we went to WDW instead of getting tickets.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Cool, thanks for the answers

Yea, it seems like a really good value. Just the upgrade alone is less than a 6-Day park hopper would be, which is what we will need. Not to mention all the other benefits.

The only drawback is that there will only be a couple months left on my pass when I get it, but odds are I wouldn't make it out to Florida two times in a year anyway if I had it for the full 12 months.

• Anaheim Film Arts Society

Quote Originally Posted by CSC View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade from a Disneyland AP to a Premier AP if you are on the payment plan? Do they add the monthly charges on top of what you already pay each month? Or do you pay the difference in one lump sum and then continue with the payments? I can't seem to find a number on the website for this, as it says anything having to do with the Premier Annual Pass you need to go to the turn styles.
    My wife and I just did this last August before our trip to Disney World. We had Premium pass on the monthly payment plan. All we had to do was pay the $300+ difference in full and our monthly rate for the premium has continued (our passes expire in April.) We were able to do this because we upgraded at the Disneyland ticket booths. If you wait and upgrade in Florida at the Disney World ticket booths, you will have to pay both the difference and remainder of the premium pass balance to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ericmryan View Post
    My wife and I just did this last August before our trip to Disney World. We had Premium pass on the monthly payment plan. All we had to do was pay the $300+ difference in full and our monthly rate for the premium has continued (our passes expire in April.) We were able to do this because we upgraded at the Disneyland ticket booths. If you wait and upgrade in Florida at the Disney World ticket booths, you will have to pay both the difference and remainder of the premium pass balance to upgrade.
    Makes sense. I was planning at doing it at Disneyland, so that's good to hear.

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by ericmryan View Post
    This is exactly what I did as well for our January trip for Marathon weekend. Best suggestion is to do it HERE and not wait to WDW. It will make you life sooooo much easier.
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

Quote Originally Posted by renthead09 View Post
    This is exactly what I did as well for our January trip for Marathon weekend. Best suggestion is to do it HERE and not wait to WDW. It will make you life sooooo much easier.
    It's gonna be tough enough trying to figure out how to get around WDW, last thing I need to do is try to track down ticket booths for what sounds like a procedure that doesn't happen very often.

Is the upgrade cost prorated with your current expiration date?

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by parteecia View Post
    Is the upgrade cost prorated with your current expiration date?
    Unfortunately it is not. It expires on your DLand expiration day (or WDW if you had that first and upgraded)

You pay the total differnce between your DLand pass and the Premier cost. The nice part if you still continue to pay your DLand pass on the original monthly plan if you have it set up that way.
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!