• A Disney Examineer

'One More Disney Day' 8pm Announcement Last Night?

I heard there was an announcement at 8pm that said. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland has now ended its normal operating day... But, there's still 10 more hours to go!" And jazz music started playing. I want to confirm if this announcement really happened last night, and if so, how did the crowd react?

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Re: 'One More Disney Day' 8pm Announcement Last Night?

It did indeed, happen. At first everyone was like "Someone forgot to change the announcement" then the entire place started cheering and clapping when the second part came.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

It was awesome! There were like "awws" and some smattering of "boos" when the first part of the announcement came on (the "boos" just being pretty facetious, i'm guessing since obviously people knew it was wrong). And then at the second half of the announcement, everyone starting cheering! It was pretty fun. And then they played Brian Setzer Orchestra's "Jump Jive An' Wail" loudly over the speakers. I was sitting on the benches right at the end of Main Street just after Refreshment Corner in front of Jolly Holiday.

In my opinion, it was a great way to just kind of keep the momentum and energy going. I know there were a couple other points throughout the night where they'd have an announcement and then play some music.

• Banned User

it was the original Jack Wagner recording from the 70's until there was a screeching like a needle from an old record player sliding across the record. Thats when the Jack Wagner impersonator announced the new hours. Everyone screamed and I think that that is when the evening officially changed from a plesant day at Disneyland with modest crowds to something that resembled a loud, obnoxious street party filled with booze swilling, drug smoking degenerates who were permitted to trash the place and themselves with complete and shocking impunity

Quote Originally Posted by misfits138 View Post
    I think that that is when the evening officially changed from a plesant day at Disneyland with modest crowds to something that resembled a loud, obnoxious street party filled with booze swilling, drug smoking degenerates who were permitted to trash the place and themselves with complete and shocking impunity
    i can agree with this statement. i got to the park around 6PM after work and it was really kind of low-key, no problems getting to the parking structure and getting in, but once 8PM rolled around, it just seems like the number of visitors grew exponentially and with that, the rowdiness/uncleanliness of the youths in attendance.

• Nor Cal AP'er

there was one at midnight (i think) that played "rock around the clock" and one at 6am from the original mickey mouse club! Awesome night indeed!
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• I'm the only one!

8pm was when DCA closed and the huge crowded were to be expect. The behavior of the guest was rude and obnoxious. But that is for another thread. The Announcement was great. We where just to get on story book canal boats when it happened and the normal solemn ride and low spoken speil juxtaposed with jump, jive and wail was really fun. We were dance while the cast member was trying to spiel but kept laughing. It was really fun.
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

• Minion

This reminds me when I was watching magical fireworks then they announced that they would be playing Halloween screams by mistake. It Was weird. Lol This was in 2009

Didn't hear the 8pm one, but at midnight, yes, they played Rock Around the Clock. People were jitterbugging. It was fantastic. Just one song, but it was fun.

At 5am they played a jazz song. Same reaction- dancing in the streets.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Tour Ready

After the initial 8pm "closing" announcement, they had an announcement every hour on the hour with a special song (ie "We are entering our 22nd hour!" or a song by Etta James)