View Poll Results: DCA Phase 2: Cars Land Attraction That MakesrYour Engine Race Loudest?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unknown C ticket (such as as Trev Diesel Train's Coaster/Dark ride....think 7-Dwarves Mine Coaster)

9 39.13%
  • Unknown D ticket (such as Crabby Tug Boat's Rescue Waters....think Disney Sea trackless Aquatopia)

4 17.39%
  • Cars Land Drive-In Restaurant

9 39.13%
  • Other

6 26.09%
  • None...unless it's a Cars Wrecking Yard. Mwahahaha!

1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

DCA Phase 2: Cars Land Attraction That Makes Your Engine Race Loudest?

As exciting as DCA's Cars Land is already shaping up, the thought of a Phase 2 really makes the spark plugs ignite in anticipation of a super charged good time! What has been said that we can expect to be new C and D ticket rides, and Cars Land Drive-In Restaurant. A poll will soon be up.

An idea that I have for a possible S ticket ride is one that might be called Trev Diesel Train's Coaster/Dark ride....think 7-Dwarves Mine Coaster. This is a character from the Cars 2 movie. The train Casey Jr. scale and the tops of the engine and cars would be modified so that guests could sit inside them. The engine and cars would each swing side-to-side. like the ones developed for WDW's Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster. There would also be a dark ride portion that the train would slow down and travel thru.

An idea that I have for the unknown D ticket is one that might be called Crabby Tug Boat's Recue Waters....think Disney sea trackless Aquatopia.

)

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-02-2012 at 01:44 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: DCA Phase 2: Cars Land Attraction That Makes Your Engine Race Loudest?

I say wait at least 5 years before adding any more rides to Carsland...there are many other lands in more need on New rides and attractions...but after that I say bring it on I like all those ride idea's and I;m sure they have even more ready

• Toad Hall

dwarves mine coaster is a c ticket?
    <font size=4> </font>

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^well it could be depending on how much money went into it...if it was just a race ride that went around some mountains then maybe it oculd be considered a C ticket...but I agree it would most likely be a D ticket ride like the ride being building at WDW

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I say wait at least 5 years before adding any more rides to Carsland...there are many other lands in more need on New rides and attractions...but after that I say bring it on I like all those ride idea's and I;m sure they have even more ready
    Well, I was excited about plans to repair the Grizzley Peak area; refurbing GRR and adding new rides. Al just reported that the expense is setting this back. Looks like the next phase will be Cars Land additions, Paradise Pier additiions, Hollywoodland additions, and I'm hopimg to see new attractions pop up elsewhere.

---------- Post added 03-02-2012 at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    dwarves mine coaster is a c ticket?
    Should have made my suggested similar ride a D ticket, and the Aquatopia type of a ride a C ticket.

---------- Post added 03-02-2012 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^well it could be depending on how much money went into it...if it was just a race ride that went around some mountains then maybe it oculd be considered a C ticket...but I agree it would most likely be a D ticket ride like the ride being building at WDW
    It was an inadvertant error. I had intended to label the idea a D ticket. Wish I could turn the C and D labeled poll responses around now. Glad you guys noticed and gave ne the chance to explain my boo boo.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-02-2012 at 08:43 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Well< I was excited about plans to repair the Grizzley Peak area; refurbing GRR and adding new rides. Sl just reported that the expense is setting this back. Looks like the next phase will be Cars Land additions, Paradise Pier additiions, Hollywoodland additions, and I'm hopimg to see new attractions pop up elsewhere.
    Just want to make it very clear to everyone that these ride concepts posted in this thread are just that... concepts. Total armchair Imagineering.

In fact, there is going to be no official "Phase 2". More than likely, DCA will continue to see renovations and projects popping up here and there over the next 5 years or so, but nothing to the scale of the current "Phase 1".

Just clearing the air and making sure there is no miscommunication or misinterpretation in this thread.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Just want to make it very clear to everyone that these ride concepts posted in this thread are just that... concepts. Total armchair Imagineering.

In fact, there is going to be no official "Phase 2". More than likely, DCA will continue to see renovations and projects popping up here and there over the next 5 years or so, but nothing to the scale of the current "Phase 1".

Just clearing the air and making sure there is no miscommunication or misinterpretation in this thread.

Now that the Yosemite Park land idea has been moved back, it does look like the rides and other attractions will be built in spurts rather than phases. Nevertheless, I expect to see several things built in 2013, so I am loosly refering to that as Phase 2. As popular and profitable as DCA is becoming, it's a real crowd pleasing money maker that is on it's way to significantly outgrowing attraction capacity. It needs more attractions to swollow future crowds, and as soon as possible.

I identified the C and D ticket ride ideas as ideas. thanks fir reemphasizing that they are concepts. Without ride ideas, simply referring to them as C and D ticket attractions is not very exciting.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-02-2012 at 08:58 PM.

• Minion

Now that the Yosemite Park land idea has been moved back, it does look like the rides and other attractions will be built in spurts rather than phases. Nevertheless, I expect to see several things built in 2013, so I am loosly refering to that as Phase 2. As popular and profitable as DCA is becoming, it's a real crowd pleasing money maker that is on it's way to significantly outgrowing attraction capacity. It needs more attractions to swollow future crowds, and as soon as possible.
    First off, the unification of Grizzly Recreation Area with Condor Flats has not been "moved back". It was never scheduled to begin with; it's just a concept that will eventually come to fruition but is not a priority at the moment.

In terms of new attractions coming to DCA in 2013, don't get your hopes up. I'd say late 2014-2015 at the earliest for any new attractions.

• Iron-Clad Allie

First off, the unification of Grizzly Recreation Area with Condor Flats has not been "moved back". It was never scheduled to begin with; it's just a concept that will eventually come to fruition but is not a priority at the moment.

In terms of new attractions coming to DCA in 2013, don't get your hopes up. I'd say late 2014-2015 at the earliest for any new attractions.
    the Yosemite (unification) area was a formal part of the original Phase 2 plans (the Grizzly Peak area placed on now hold). Like I, said, based on reports of DCA ride capacity (especially in Cars Land), I think it is evident that new attractions will be pushed forward I order to increse that capacity in order to relieve lines, as well as to continue to create and maintain heavier attendance.

Should Disney push to build more attractions in 2013, it would not surprise me. I would expect significantly more attractions no later that 2014 or 15....I'm meeting you half way.

• Minion

the Yosemite (unification) area was a formal part of the original Phase 2 plans (the Grizzly Peak area placed on now hold). Like I, said, based on reports of DCA ride capacity (especially in Cars Land), I think it is evident that new attractions will be pushed forward I order to increse that capacity in order to relieve lines, as well as to continue to create and maintain heavier attendance.
    No, they were not, because there never were or are "original Phase 2 plans". It has always been established in WDI that areas within DCA will continue to get makeovers, but nothing to the extent of what is happening at the moment.

And even if plans for attractions get "pushed forward", they aren't going to open next year. Period.

Should Disney push to build more attractions in 2013, it would not surprise me. I would expect significantly more attractions no later that 2014 or 15....I'm meeting you half way.
    No, there will be no new attractions built in 2013. Period. As I said earlier, late 2014-2015 at the very earliest. And even that may be stretching it at the moment.

• Iron-Clad Allie

No, they were not, because there never were or are "original Phase 2 plans". It has always been established in WDI that areas within DCA will continue to get makeovers, but nothing to the extent of what is happening at the moment.

And even if plans for attractions get "pushed forward", they aren't going to open next year. Period. No, there will be no new attractions built in 2013. Period. As I said earlier, late 2014-2015 at the very earliest. And even that may be stretching it at the moment.

I beg to differ.

Exerpt from Al Lutz's 3/3/11 report:

"Phase Two would also encompass a remake of the Condor Flats and Grizzly Peak areas into a Teddy Roosevelt era National Park (i.e. Yosemite), with the addition of several new attractions in that section. And that's where the weak economy finally does begin to impact DCA's future. If by early 2012 the economy hasn't turned around and people don't start spending big in the parks like they had earlier in this decade, then DCA's Phase Two could be put on hold.

But, if the improvements to DCA generate increasing attendance in 2010 through 2012, and the economy improves enough that people start splurging on their vacations, then the big plans currently being dreamed up for DCA will start seeing the light of day by 2014."

Do you disagree with Al?

DCA is far more successful that it was prior to Phase 1 of the makeover, and people are spending more. as Al indicated and predicted obove, Phase 2 is an actual plan, and we should start seeng new physical attractions by 2014. Again, these predictions are not always written in stone and we could see one or more attractions by 2013.

Further varification from the 10/13/11 MC Round-Up section written by Al Lutz:

But if Cars Land drives big numbers of foreign or domestic multi-day tourists, or even non-AP local day trippers, those demographic segments always spend much more per day than the average AP and it wouldn't be out of the question to see Sarge's fast-tracked for a 2013 opening to capture more of those big spending tourists.

The decision on if and when to go ahead with the drive-in movie restaurant on the southeast corner of Cars Land will wait at least as long (meaning possibly as early as 2013).

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec...hase2-20101210

As for a C and D Ticket being a part of Phase 2, the Los Angeles times wrote that they would be located on an unused corner of Cars Land after it opens.

They did not say 2014 or 15 at the earliest. Again, al has let it be known at Mice Age that Phase 2 is a solid phase (not something that doesn't or will not actually exist (so does the LA Times). And again, al has indicated that that Phase 2 will move forward quickly if DCA's Phase 1 is a financial succes, which it is and continues to be.

For a third time, do you disagree with Al? And on top of that, do you disagree with the LA Times?

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-03-2012 at 08:55 AM.

• Minion

Do you disagree with Al?
    In this case, absolutely.

DCA is far more successful that it was prior to Phase 1 of the makeover, and people are spending more. as Al indicated and predicted obove, Phase 2 is an actual plan, and we should start seeng new physical attractions by 2014. Again, these predictions are not always written in stone and we could see one or more attractions by 2013.
    DCA is obviously much more successful nowadays! No question. But, again, there was never and there are not official plans for a "Phase 2". Period!! I don't know how else to get that point across.

Further varification from the 10/13/11 MC Round-Up section written by Al Lutz:

But if Cars Land drives big numbers of foreign or domestic multi-day tourists, or even non-AP local day trippers, those demographic segments always spend much more per day than the average AP and it wouldn't be out of the question to see Sarge's fast-tracked for a 2013 opening to capture more of those big spending tourists.

The decision on if and when to go ahead with the drive-in movie restaurant on the southeast corner of Cars Land will wait at least as long (meaning possibly as early as 2013).

No matter what size you make the fonts, it doesn't make it any more true. Those articles that you are posting are from over a year ago. Plans change. In this case, Al was off. There are plenty of projects in the works for DCA, but there are no plans to all it Phase 2.

Also, Sarge's is not an attraction, but a store. At the time Al's article was posted, TDA was questioning whether to open all the stores at once or open them in phases. Obviously, they decided to go with opening them all at once. I'll say it again, late 2014-2015 is the very earliest that we will see any brand new attractions in DCA.

As for a C and D Ticket being a part of Phase 2, the Los Angeles times wrote that they would be located on an unused corner of Cars Land after it opens.

They did not say 2014 or 15 at the earliest. Again, al has let it be known at Mice Age that Phase 2 is a solid phase (not something that doesn't or will not actually exist (so does the LA Times). And again, al has indicated that that Phase 2 will move forward quickly if DCA's Phase 1 is a financial succes, which it is and continues to be.

I have no doubt that more attraction will open in Carsland in the future. But it won't be in 2013. Absolutely not. Again, that article you posted from the LA Times is from 2010. Two years ago!! Plans change and, in this case, an official Phase 2 on the scale of "Phase 1" will not be happening.

For a third time, do you disagree with Al? And on top of that, do you disagree with the LA Times?

For a third time, considering how out of date those sources are, yes.

• Iron-Clad Allie

In this case, absolutely.

DCA is obviously much more successful nowadays! No question. But, again, there was never and there are not official plans for a "Phase 2". Period!! I don't know how else to get that point across.

No matter what size you make the fonts, it doesn't make it any more true. Those articles that you are posting are from over a year ago. Plans change. In this case, Al was off. There are plenty of projects in the works for DCA, but there are no plans to all it Phase 2.

Also, Sarge's is not an attraction, but a store. At the time Al's article was posted, TDA was questioning whether to open all the stores at once or open them in phases. Obviously, they decided to go with opening them all at once. I'll say it again, late 2014-2015 is the very earliest that we will see any brand new attractions in DCA.

I have no doubt that more attraction will open in Carsland in the future. But it won't be in 2013. Absolutely not. Again, that article you posted from the LA Times is from 2010. Two years ago!! Plans change and, in this case, an official Phase 2 on the scale of "Phase 1" will not be happening.

For a third time, considering how out of date those sources are, yes.
    Bottom line, you have zero proof that plans have changed....other than the fact that what I've pointed out all along: the Grizzley Peak area plans are being pushed back. Al left leeway for Phase 2 to take place, and did not miss his mark. Although i don;t have up to the minute revarification of the Phase 2 project timeline, my sources outwegh the fact that you don't have any varification to support your opinion that you are right, I'm wrong, Al Lutze is wrong, and the LA Times is wrong.

Phase 2 has been an official part of the DCA makeover news, and will continue to be. Believe what you want for now, the future will be here soon enough.

• Minion

Bottom line, you have zero proof that plans have changed....other than the fact that what I've pointed out all along: the Grizzley Peak area plans are being pushed back. Al left leeway for Phase 2 to take place, and did not miss his mark. Although i don;t have up to the minute revarification of the Phase 2 project timeline, my sources outwegh the fact that you don't have any varification to support your opinion that you are right, I'm wrong, Al Lutze is wrong, and the LA Times is wrong.

Phase 2 has been an official part of the DCA makeover news, and will continue to be. Believe what you want for now, the future will be here soon enough.
    If you want to go ahead and believe rumors, that is totally fine. I am not saying that Al or the LA Times are wrong. I am saying that the information you have posted is over a year out of date.

Phase 2 never was official. If you want to believe it was, that's your problem. In the meantime, I will continue to post relevant and up-to-date information about future projects.

Have a great weekend.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

As much as we now that some sort of Phase two will be happening.....its just like saying the Fantasyland Theater is officially coming back, yes its coming...NO its not official.

Some sort of Phase is coming to work out the themes of Hollywood land, the Pier and Conder Flats but its not official yet...like Disney said the Blue Sky Cellar is not but that does not mean anything is official yet there have been NO press releases for Phase two...but there will be but for know its just "rumors" we know might come true haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast