• Still wants to be a cat!

Tell me all about Mouse Adventure....

Heard about a lot of you going to MA today, please give me details and information, would love to join the next competition. Sounds like fun, I think, please fill me in!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

This was our first MA. It was one of the most fun times we've ever had in the park. It's a challenge and really makes you observe the detail of Disneyland. So often we cruise past things that if we would just stop and look, would amuse and maybe even amaze us. I think that's a lot of the magic of Disneyland...the detail upon unexpected detail.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Go to www.mouseplanet.com - I am pretty sure they are the ones that sponser the event.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Have been to mousplanet.com and it's pretty vague and to what everyone actually does during a Mouse Adventure......

- Wolfette

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I believe its a kind of trivia/scavenger hunt- something to do with word puzzles or something like that. I know its a contest, but that's about all I know- its not put on by disney. Disney put together a corporate scavenger hunt at DCA (I have a medal to prove it!) But I don't know if they ever did anything else with it.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    For this event, they had two different challenges

The Open, which was like a typical MouseAdventure, and then the Invitational...

Here is a description of that event.... (Yes, my team was one of the teams that finished.... and was really tired!)

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=38736
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thanks Darkbeer, very informative thread! But what about us whimps.....with child and Hubby as team members? What's the easier Mouse Adventure like?

- Wolfette

• no flash photography...

This game was way easier than the one in october. That being said we didn't win, but we finished the game this time. We missed two of the puzzle questions and didn't find three of the eye spy's. Ok, where was the blue door, the pig and the metal thing?...LOL...We had a great time. The last puzzle we solved and the one that threw us all day was the boxes, corners, diagram one. Finally my teammate figured out how to read it after we had all given up. We were all so happy when she read out that quastion. Then we spent about 15 min looking for the golden nugget. We were giving up and heading up to the ranch to get the eye spy picture up there when we happened to glance over and saw the golden nugget...LOL...We all had a great time. Last night I was sooo tired and my feet were killing me. Today my feet and legs feel better.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    For this event, they had two different challenges

The Open, which was like a typical MouseAdventure, and then the Invitational...

Here is a description of that event.... (Yes, my team was one of the teams that finished.... and was really tired!)

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=38736
    That Invitational was GREAT to read. I know had I had a chance to go there I would have been having a blast.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I'll recap later - right now, I'm still in pain, and I'm lucky my hands can even move.
    Dito, I'm still in pain too! I can't move my legs

It was a ton of fun. We did the Open and essentially finished with an hour to spare. The peeps at MP actually separated the veterans from the newbies in the Open division. That was cool (even though we had counted on sandbagging those irritating noobs ). We got hosed on a couple of questions because we were in too much of hurry, but for the first time, we put legitimate answers (not guesses) for each question. Of course that means if you aren't perfect (or think you are) you won't finish in the 'money'.

We got hosed on giving away our postcard. The Invitational crowd has been gobbled up by faster moving Open teams. The Invitational teams all looked haggard and stressed when we saw them. Is that "fun"?

Eye Spy: the green writing "Stops that tickle" is on the doors to the Pooh's candy shop in Critter Country. It is a holdover from the Mile Long Bar. I happened to ask another team after the event and he was a major Disney fan who took a photo history of the Mile Long Bar before it was closed. He knew it was there. Of course we walked past the sign more than once during the event. sigh.

The metal thing: It's a metal stamp on the US Post Box in front of City Hall. Most of the boxes DON'T. And the one in front of the Lincoln exhibit is in PA not NH. We lucked out and didn't even see the Lincoln one. Thank God for small favors.

The pig: it's on a shelf in the Village Haus in Fantasyland. Walk in the side entrance and in the next eating area there be the piggy.

MP is having technical difficulties on posting the results today. They did let us keep the challenge sheets for the first time since I've been playing. Now I have evidence where my team blew it, instead of cursing the judges
    If I'm smiling, I'm not paying attention