Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Great Blue Bayou experience!

I went to Disneyland with my brother and some of his friends this past Saturday. We were planning on getting some Monte Cristos to go and eat them up on the Disney Gallery balcony since we called to make Priority Seating at the BB too late and it was booked solid.

We got to the Bayou around 12:30 and I asked the hostess if we could order some Monte Cristos and she had a host go ask a lead if they were serving Monte Cristos to go that day since it was pretty busy. He came back and said that they were and asked how many we wanted. We ordered four, but shortly after the lead came out and said that they would normally only do one or two - especially on days like Saturday when the Bayou was completely booked. I was a bit upset and said I had done this before on a couple other occasions and he said that he understood that but he couldn't do it today unless we came in to eat.

Then, completely unexpected he offered to get us a table to come in during the peak lunch hour while the hostess was turning away numerous guests coming up to the podium because they were completely booked.

We got a table in less than 10 minutes and we ordered and got our food in less than 15 minutes after that. It was absolutely amazing.

I've never experienced such great customer service at the Bayou before... I don't know if its because I was with my older brother who is in his mid 20s, but typically when I go to the Bayou with other kids my age (17/18) we never really get great service.

What really topped it off though was the fact when we were ordering we asked for seperate checks because some of us were paying with credit cards and I mentioned the the server that I had a Premium Pass and she said she could only get the discount on my bill... The others were a little disappointed, but didnt complain. We were all very pleased when she came at the end of the meal and the discount had been applied to the three separate checks. Amazing!

Overall, I was extremely pleased and it made our day that much better- We got into the Bayou when it was completely booked as they were turning away people by the droves, got super quick service, and got my little 15% off on all of our checks.

I regret not going to City Hall to write out a formal compliment for such great service.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Re: Great Blue Bayou experience!

Hey wow thats awsome im thinking bout going to the byou on my bday hehe
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Thats awesome!! Sounds like a good time!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Send 'em an e-mail!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Wow, sounds like an amazing score! I, too, have noticed that they seem to be wonderfully accommodating during peak lunch hour. While i wasn't seated and treated like royalty (lucky, lucky you!), I am always surprised that they do honor walk-ups and take-outs with the monte cristos, especially during the busy lunch hour.
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

I was also at the Blue Bayou this past Saturday and received excellent service. I had booked 11:30 a.m. Priority Seating reservations in the hopes of getting a waterfront table. I checked in at 11:15 a.m. and fortunately got one of the last waterfront tables. Remember to check in early if you are using this strategy.

Our server was Tina and she provided the perfect balance of attentive service while letting us have our space to eat and enjoy the atmosphere. I don’t remember the rolls being so delicious but I seriously ate like 5 of those things, which almost left me no room for my Monte Cristo. I fit it in though and it was delicious as always. Overall it was an excellent experience!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

MasterGracey, you can always email DL Guest SErvices and let them know. That's what I normally do. Glad you had such a great time!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Very cool. The BB CM's have always been great when I have gone. I only get to the park once or twice a year so I make it a point to go to the BB. I've never had a bad experience as all the CM there are top notch and I truly thank them for their effort. I'm glad they were as helpful for you as I have found.

Oh and thanks for the info that you can get to Monte's to go, I did not know that, nor did I ever think of it. Cool idea, grab a Monte Christo on the way out and eat it at the hotel. Thanks MasterGracey for the input.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• =)

Mmmmmm...Blue Bayou Monte Cristos...

:: plays Blue Bayou sound effects in iTunes ::

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Disney Magic at work once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CM for 4 years!

Seriously, guys, it would really help us out a lot if in the future you would make sure to call and booko reservations in advance: (714) 781-DINE. We are booking up two and even three days in advance now because of many factors, mostly those including the 50th anniversary, hotels at 95% capacity, and the holiday season. It would help us a lot of our guests could all please plan ahead.

I remember this situation, and it was a very very frantic scramble for us. We don't usually give away tables, especially at that time of day, but it was just.... easier to seat you at a table than to have four Monte Cristo to-go orders, esp. if you were all paying separately.

I'm glad you were given above-and-beyond guests service but next time, please call and book a priority seating: (714) 781-DINE

Really, if you're 15 mintues late, we won't give away your reservation. If you are too early, we can see about getting you in then. But just get your name on the list for the day.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Seriously, guys, it would really help us out a lot if in the future you would make sure to call and booko reservations in advance: (714) 781-DINE. We are booking up two and even three days in advance now because of many factors, mostly those including the 50th anniversary, hotels at 95% capacity, and the holiday season. It would help us a lot of our guests could all please plan ahead.

I remember this situation, and it was a very very frantic scramble for us. We don't usually give away tables, especially at that time of day, but it was just.... easier to seat you at a table than to have four Monte Cristo to-go orders, esp. if you were all paying separately.

I'm glad you were given above-and-beyond guests service but next time, please call and book a priority seating: (714) 781-DINE

Really, if you're 15 mintues late, we won't give away your reservation. If you are too early, we can see about getting you in then. But just get your name on the list for the day.
    Sorry about that... I don't see how giving us a table when the place was booked would be easier than giving us some sandwiches to go. And we weren't all paying seperately - we only decided to split the check up once we got the table. Although we did call to make Priority Seating, we called too late the day before cause the Bayou was already booked.

Sorry if my group caused so many problems.. Although, I think if it was so much trouble I think it would have been just a better option for the restaurant to turn us away - it wouldn't have been that big of an issue.. Oh well.

| | |

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by melmel

Y'know, usually you want us to praise the CM's and here someone was doing that! Not only that, it was praise to where you work!! Nobody can win with you I guess. I say, back off and just say thank you!

MasterGracey, it didn't sound like you upset anyone there or that they were seating you out of convenience! I agree, seating someone instead of making take out doesn't sound easier to me. Sounds like another table being taken up and away from someone else. Not only that, you didn't ask to be seated. Good for you!! I would do an online compliment!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    Y'know, usually you want us to praise the CM's and here someone was doing that! Not only that, it was praise to where you work!! Nobody can win with you I guess. I say, back off and just say thank you!

MasterGracey, it didn't sound like you upset anyone there or that they were seating you out of convenience! I agree, seating someone instead of making take out doesn't sound easier to me. Sounds like another table being taken up and away from someone else. Not only that, you didn't ask to be seated. Good for you!! I would do an online compliment!
    I TOTALLY agree! You wrote exactly what I was thinking!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4

Thanks! - I'm going to head over to the Disneyland web site and send in my compliments right now.

| | |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast