• Observer

Pirates Cast Member Passes away

One of the best Pirate CM's i have ever had the pleasure of knowing has passed away this morning... perhaps someone of you have seen Pirate Joey before or maybe even at Winnie the Pooh. always a cheerful man and always in character.. to me he was always Pirates version of Maynard... RIP

• Minion

Re: Pirates Cast Member Passes away

Sometimes cast members go above and beyond to make the magic. Although I don't recognize his name, it's wonderful to hear that he gave so much to Disneyland. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Sorry to hear. My prayers go out to his family. And a big thank you to Joey for adding to the magic and experiences of Disneyland.

•   
    • Minion

That's sad to read. RIP, and all condolences to his family and friends.

• Observer

Name:  422703_3442360503228_1397062757_33343048_2018404231_n.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  12.6 KB
    many if not all the cast members today are mourning his death, if you happen to be in the park, please pass condolences to the other pirates and cast members working in New Orleans /Critter country... i can imagine its going to be a very rough day for them.

• Former CM

Joey was one of the best CM's I ever had the pleasure of working with and I'm so glad I had the chance to know him.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Probably one of the best CM's I have ever seen at the Resort. A true inspiration and outstanding example of what Disney Magic stands for. He always put a smile on my face every time I rode pirates. I will miss him. My prayers go out to his friends and family.

• keh!

i definitely saw him, recently too i believe. RIP : (

He was like a uncle to us at the pirate ride as well as all around the westside, I had the honor of working with him for almost 7 years. He was one of those people who loved everything and everyone, he made everything brighter when he was around. I had a thing that every time I saw him I would yell "Hey Joey!!" and would respond the same way with a big smile. His sudden passing took everyone by surprise, words cant explain how everyone feels over here.

He was a great man with a big heart, and will truly be missed =' (

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Joey was honestly one of the nicest guys working in the Resort. It always made my day to run into him (usually at pirates) and he'd go out of his way to help me in any way he could. What a truly sad, sad day.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• A Weather Eye Open

I recognize him but didn't know him by name! He was a great CM!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

I am very sad to hear that he has passed away, Joey was definitely a top notch CM, someone who brought great honor to the memory of Walt and his vision for Disneyland. He created a very awesome memory for a friend and I one night when we were on the ride alone. It was late, past 11, and I pointed out to my friend how the cameras are usually near the infra-red spotlights, so we started waving at *every* camera we could find. So Joey comes on over the PA and starts making piratey jokes at us, keeping up a running dialogue through the whole ride, chastising us when we wave at the wrong place, it was awesome. It made what would have been another ordinary ride through something special. We both made sure to put in compliment cards with guest relations on our next visit, without mentioning too specific details so as not to get him into any trouble.

In memory of his passing, I have cleaned up and retouched the photo I shot of him last year, it's the least I can do in honor of a great guy and dedicated cast member.

In Memory of CM Joey by Omnitographer, on Flickr

• Observer

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitographer View Post
    I am very sad to hear that he has passed away, Joey was definitely a top notch CM, someone who brought great honor to the memory of Walt and his vision for Disneyland. He created a very awesome memory for a friend and I one night when we were on the ride alone. It was late, past 11, and I pointed out to my friend how the cameras are usually near the infra-red spotlights, so we started waving at *every* camera we could find. So Joey comes on over the PA and starts making piratey jokes at us, keeping up a running dialogue through the whole ride, chastising us when we wave at the wrong place, it was awesome. It made what would have been another ordinary ride through something special. We both made sure to put in compliment cards with guest relations on our next visit, without mentioning too specific details so as not to get him into any trouble.

In memory of his passing, I have cleaned up and retouched the photo I shot of him last year, it's the least I can do in honor of a great guy and dedicated cast member.

In Memory of CM Joey by Omnitographer, on Flickr
    That is the best picture of Joey i have ever seen, and that is the way i will always remember him, Thank you for taking this picture

• Closed Account

Wow, truly sad. RIP Joey, you died WAY too young. I remember the last night of the POTC before the long refurb he was telling a story about how they will miss the ride while it's down. Sad...

• Forgotten Spirit

:/ oh wow, that's horrible. I definitely remember him.

My condolences with his family~