Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

I would go to the Halloween party in DCA only if....

A couple of weeks ago I read a thread on here from someone asking if anyone knew if the Halloween party would be at DL or DCA this year. The majority of the comments didn't know but seemed to want to keep the party at DL. One in particular eluded to the fact that the writer didn't think that there was anything that could really be done in DCA that would be good for Halloween on the level of Ghost Galaxy, Haunted Mansion Holiday, or Halloween Screams fireworks.

I totally disagree with that comment. This is the one time where DCA's generic visuals may be it's strength. True, the last time I went to the Halloween party 4 years ago it was pretty ho-hum. But it was also only like 20 bucks. That leads me to creating this thread. Not so much a feasibility thing (well, sort of) but more of a brainstorming one. If you were going to spend 50 bucks (about the price of a full days admission to any park) to go to this evening only event, what would you like to see if the party were moved over to DCA??? How would you like to see the parks and rides transformed??

I myself would love to see the ToT over lay from 2007 return. The bat arch, the storm and lightning, the decorations inside. It was awesome!! But lately ToT is sort of a yawn at Halloween.

Tower of Terror lightning - YouTube

Disney has two usable buildings in the Hollywood Backlot. I would love to see a Disney themed maze a la Knott's Scary farm or Universal Horror Nights. Obviously not as scary, but think of what Disney could do with all it's Imagineers. Perhaps something where we enter the haunted house of the classic Mickey cartoon The Lonesome Ghosts (YouTube it since I'm not sure if I can link to it on here). Heck, they could even run the cartoon in line so guests would know what to expect.

Is there any way to run the California Screamin' trains in reverse??? If so... How cool would that be?? Reserve 2 trains for backwards operation only and wheel them out for the Halloween party??? Maybe change the soundtrack and completely enclose the scream tunnels. I guess you could even incorporate projections.

What are your ideas????

---------- Post added 03-05-2012 at 02:56 PM ----------

I guess this is a better video of ToT. LOL. It even has the bat projections.

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror lightning and bat effects 2007 - YouTube

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: I would go to the Halloween party in DCA only if....

I have only attended one halloween party. It was several years ago and it was at DCA. It was an outstanding good time for my family and I. DCA has a great amount of space for that kind of thing and can be decorated/themed easily for the season at hand. I am sure DL has good points as well, but after enjoying a party at DCA I will never write it off.

• A Disney Examineer

I have a feeling they are going to use something like a Halloween World of Color to buy us in.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by KuyaHarrison View Post
    I have a feeling they are going to use something like a Halloween World of Color to buy us in.
    Works for me!

• Toad Hall

I would be totally down to have a scare maze in both the old millionaire building and flynns arcade. Would make a lot of sense!!

---------- Post added 03-05-2012 at 03:57 PM ----------

And there could be a scare zone in the backlot and they could put up signs and security warning guests of scary area that might frighten little ones.
    <font size=4> </font>

But that's kinda why I started this thread. What would be special about this Halloween WoC for this special event???? They've already had different "versions" of WoC (the TRONcore, the extended PotC scene, the 4th of July tribute, the Christmas Prep & Landing preshow, the New Year's Woc). Of those the only really special one is the New Year's one.

What would make WoC Halloween different than any other seasonal WoC?? Would it be special fireworks??? The inclusion of characters like in F! ??? That would be cool, even if they just did a walk through like Sweetums does in MuppetVision.

If I remember correctly, they had small stages for the WoC preshow when WoC first started, right?
    Last edited by pyttius; 03-05-2012 at 04:15 PM.

• Minion

about the tot video,can you elaborate on the bat thing?im on my phone and it does'nt have very good qualiy,and whats that yellow circle? thanx

Anyways, I think one 2.0 is done we'll be seeing alot of halloween celebrations in Dca.Carsland is almost PERFECT for it because of all the lights and decorations it already has.I also thing Grizzly peak would be a good area for some halloween decor. Maybe some creeper fog flowing on the ground,a wolf (or werewolf ) AA ontop of the mountain howling. spooky storys being told in Rcct.Maybe even an overlay of Grr were bigfoot or werewolves take over.I think it would be really nice

• Minion

Isn't someone from Knott's coming over to the Disneyland team for some Halloween/seasonal stuff? Apparently he's supposed to be really good and has some promising things in store. I can't remember all the details, however...

I have to agree that a maze-style attraction would be excellent. There are plenty of locals who would absolutely come to the park for it--especially since it's so out of character that people would have to see it for themselves. I'd love to see a haunting WoC show (complete with lesser-appreciated characters like Stitch or 627). Perhaps someone can take over an attraction a la Haunted Mansion Holiday?

imaginashton, ToT used to have an arch way that you would walk under to get to the attraction. It was a bunch of metal bats that were clustered together to look like an arch. Then, different projections would be made on the tower like the flying bats, etc. You can see the arch and the stained glass lamp post decorations here.

Not really feeling the Halloween spirit from DLR

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I've been saying this for YEARS. I'm sure you could look in my history and see the threads I've created on it actually. But absolutely yes, mazes at DCA would be a dream come true. The things they could do would blow the top dog, HHN, out of the water, on set design alone. As for scares? That's debatable on how crazy it should be. Maybe there should be a scaremeter where one is for all ages with one going up to adults only (but no restrictions, just firm warnings). There's plenty of space in the backlot for it and restricting it to that area could work out great. But I know of other spots a maze could go. On the Grizzly trail under Grizzly would be a decent spot, just gotta figure out how to make sure the water drippings don't effect the maze below. Also, I think the Golden State area would be such a spooky scarezone. From Soarin to before the entrance of Little Mermaid.

I feel it in my bones that ONE DAY they will try it out, I just hope it's some year soon so I can enjoy it enough as a young adult!

• Knight that says Nee!!

I am on board for the maze thing as well. DCA has many places that could be accomplished.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah...they'll let us see it FREE the first year THEN make it part of a NEW event (my guess is they are going to do TWO separate Halloween Events to make more money) just like how they let everyone see the Halloween Fireworks..then made them part of an Event

• Insomniac

WoC will definetely get a Halloween show and Tower of Terror needs to bring back some of the scare factor for halloween. Idk how I feel about the idea of mazes since after all this is Disney and even having warnings doesn't mean people don't get upset about it (anyone remember what happened to Alien Encounter?). If they do it id prefer they set up the backlot as a costume dance party area with Millionaire building set up for meet and greets. The ride that deserves a layover for Halloween is monsters inc. The ride is themed to monsters for crying out loud! Remove the storyline of the original attraction and change it into a monstropolis Halloween tour. Around every corner comes monsters out of the darkness.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^they should just make it like the ride in Tokyo....where you us flashlights to try and find "hidden" monsters........I know it wont make the ride one of the biggest attractions but would keep MOST APs coming back to it since its interactive with many hidden secrets (like Toy Story...but no score)

The way I see it, they don't really need to be scary or gruesome mazes. Just creepy. The Haunted Mansion type. Ghost Galaxy has warnings and signs up when it's in operation. I think the idea of giving flashlights in a haunted house would be awesome!! OR... What about black light flashlights to find ghosts. I'm sure that Disney being so good at immersing audiences would be able to come up with something where there wouldn't even need to be monsters or blood.

Although, something along the lines of the forest in Snow White would be awesome. In fact, I could totally see Disney doing 2 parties. The traditional over in DL and one for the older crowd in DCA, but still keeping it Disney rather than Knott's or Universal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast