Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Lost in Wonderland

Castles & Dole Whips, my Trip Report (with LOTS of pictures!) Tues 3.28 to Fri 3.2

I apologize for my HUGE pictures. And this post is picture heavy!

My last trip to Disneyland was in January 2010. It was high time for another trip! After a quick stop in Long Beach for the Aquarium and the Queen Mary (disaster, oh dear how that place is just tragic)...I was off to Disneyland!Started the day on Tuesday 2/28 with Early Morning entry. There were a lot of people for early morning entry. But as the day grew on the crowd didn't really seem to be that bad and I the longest wait I had was 5-10 minutes for the rides. It was a tad chilly but it was really magical since my Dad and I were able to ride nearly everything at Disneyland (minus Snow White, Rockets, Autopia and Columbia)

Taken when we first entered.

Space Mountain was dead! No lines, was awesome!

Okay, okay a little bit of a line...

^^ Two of my favorite spots in Disneyland!

Sadly I think the longest line we waited in was the Jungle Cruise!

OH NOES! A tiger! Tis okay, our Skipper had a gun!

Skipper told us the elephant under the waterfall had been under there so long he was getting wrinkles

Even the monkeys had guns!

Bayou Bash! I got mardi gras beads from them!

Haunted Mansion...there's 999 happy haunts, but there's room for a 1,000. Any volunteers?

Splash Mountain was down for quite some time. So we rode Pooh instead!

A nice shot of under the Rail Road waiting for Pooh.

Time for some Big Thunder action!

Why don't you do right, like some other men do...Get outta here and get me some money too!

A brilliant shot, if I do say so myself!

Also! KUDOS to all of you who braved Leap Year on 2/29. After the rumors of the crowds I decided to ditch the parks and head over to Knotts for $29 admission that day. Good thing too, after talking to lots of people the day after Wed I heard the park reached capacity at 11 PM and was turning away people. And there were lines to get into the park at 4 AM and the CMs weren't letting anyone in. I heard you couldn't get on rides, couldn't get in lines for food, that everything was JAMMED beyond what I could have imagined. Was bummed I didn't get to get that shirt that said "Took a Leap, and didn't sleep, pulled an all Nighter"...but was happy to eat my very yummy Mrs Knotts chicken dinner to virtually NOBODY at Knotts Berry Farm. The park was eerily dead.

And rode this...most intense roller coaster I have been on lol. The Xcellerator.

On Thurs 3/1 I headed to DCA. Wasn't too crowded but more crowded than Disneyland on Tuesday. I encountered the CM who draws Goofy in water on the ground when I was wine tasting. Had some excellent wines-- Syrah, Shiraz, and a Cab.

Beautiful morning at DCA on the Pier. Also got to ride the Little Mermaid for the first time. Loved it! There was no line so I hopped on it again right after.

No flash so its kind of blurry and I was kind of moving on a Sea Shell

Another shot of the Pier...after I had lost my hat on Silly Symphony Swings. Thankfully it fell off right where you load! Phew, close call!After completing all the rides (except Toy Story Mania which I never got to ride-- both Monsters Inc and Mania were down because something broke...but Monsters came back on and when Mania did the line was just too long to wait in.)...headed back to Disneyland to ride Snow White since I missed it.

Then back to DCA for my first World of Color. Oh was it cold that night. I was freezing and in the "misting" area because of my fastpass. But braved it the whole time Of course the glass of wine I had at Napa Rose helped keep me warm!

Last Day at Disneyland was Friday 3/2...

This is George, he lives by the Matterhorn. He was a tad camera shy.I was also on a mission to ride everything on Main Street. And I rode them all! The Horse Drawn Carriage, the Omnibus, the Horseless Carriage, and the Fire Truck.

This is Lee the horse. He brought me back to the Railroad

Killing time before I got to (dun dun dun) ride the Lily Belle!!!!

Highlight of my trip was to ride the Lily Belle. I was ecstatic!

The CM who rode with us was super nice, unfortunately she didn't know the whole history behind the Lily Belle and some of the info she told everyone was inaccurate. But still I had a blast riding!

Signed the guestbook, I felt very privileged

My Lily Belle ticket and the guestbook.

The photobook on the Lily Belle.

My parting shot of the Lily Belle. I was reluctant to leave and was the last one to disembark.

And of course no trip is complete unless...

Unfortunately Friday night the Fireworks were cancelled. Biggest disappointment. (Minus the price increases at Blue Bayou, sighhhhhhh) The wind was whipping pretty good in the early morning Fri but the evening it was completely still. Unfortunately the atmosphere winds I guess were still at so they cancelled the fireworks (this was according to Guest Services). Thankfully Fantasmic ran.

When I was leaving on Sat 3/3 people were returning to our hotel early morning complaining that Disneyland was closed!!! After talking to the front desk Disneyland was in fact closed from around 8:30 AM to about Noon-ish due to a rumor of a bomb threat. Some guests were stuck in the park and the main gate was refusing to let anyone in. I also heard DCA and DD were both closed.Apparently in the end there was something hung in a tree on Main Street for "good will"...I am sure the Bomb Squad in the OC was real thrilled.

Anyways that is my trip report. I had a great time all in all. The crowds Friday were ridiculous...and made me miss the days before the SoCal passes were so easily gotten by SoCalers so the park was less crowded. Oh well, until next time Disneyland!
    Last edited by adormouse; 03-05-2012 at 03:45 PM.

• Missing my AP

Re: Castles & Dole Whips, my Trip Report (with LOTS of pictures!) Tues 3.28 to Fri 3.

Some Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. I hope i get to ride the Lily Belle some day.
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

Re: Castles & Dole Whips, my Trip Report (with LOTS of pictures!) Tues 3.28 to Fri 3.

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing!!

• Shifting cargo

Looks like a fun time was had by all! Thank you for sharing, adormouse!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Cool!! We don't get nearly enough trip reports around here anymore!!! And there is no such thing as to many pictures!!! You got some great ones and I'm glad you shared them with us!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

sweet tr... Loved the pix.

• waitin' to board

Very nice TR....thanks for posting .....

• Goofy

nice trip report thanks.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

What fun! I had Lee pull me around on Wednesday when I was there! What a workhorse!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Thanks for sharing! Loved your trip report!

Great Trip Report and pics, thanks for sharing

• Indiana Scott

Wonderful TR!

• i believe in faeries.

i love, love, LOVE the ring you're wearing in the Lily Belle! oh, and fabulous trip report as well!

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

Thanks for sharing the trip pics!

You know I've never had a Dole Whip before. I don't know why. What's wrong with me? I'm meaning to fix that in three weeks.

• formerly very helpful

Love the report! Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast