View Poll Results: Are you happy or do you care less?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excited about refurb

109 75.17%
  • Somewhat Excited

28 19.31%
  • Not excited

7 4.83%
  • Not Necessary

1 0.69%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Big news about indiana jones!!

Quote Originally Posted by micky90 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what exactly happens in the rat room or the ice lagoon? Seems very interesting, I just don't remember anything about them and I wish I did.
    The rat room, as far as I know, still works...

After passing behind the giant Mara facade and then turning back under the bug room, the car appears to "stall" for a moment and you can hear rats squeaking and chirping. Then, you race around the corner and a cloud of mist is sprayed (not unlike the effect of the waterfall in Pirates of the Caribbean) and a tree branch with rats crawling on it is projected onto the mist.

Like I said, as far as I know it works. The cloud just never had enough time to completely reform, and it's not as striking as the ride's other effects.

It's difficult to film, but you can get an idea of the placement in this video from 10:15 to 10:30.

In Japan's, it's replaced with the smoke ring scene, which is in this video at 2:14.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

yes! no more sneaky line cutters!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Reworking the queue is a big deal. It's too bad that they can't do something about the stairs (basically impossible due to the design of the building) because they act as such a bottleneck. It seems like they really hold back the flow and can at times cause a supply problem for the groupers. That and they don't allow the grouper to easily call down groups of two or three to fill spots.

Of course, reworking the other end of the queue for Single Riders is also important. I hate how easy it currently is to budge.

Quote Originally Posted by bkroz View Post
    The rat room, as far as I know, still works...

After passing behind the giant Mara facade and then turning back under the bug room, the car appears to "stall" for a moment and you can hear rats squeaking and chirping. Then, you race around the corner and a cloud of mist is sprayed (not unlike the effect of the waterfall in Pirates of the Caribbean) and a tree branch with rats crawling on it is projected onto the mist.

Like I said, as far as I know it works. The cloud just never had enough time to completely reform, and it's not as striking as the ride's other effects.

It's difficult to film, but you can get an idea of the placement in this video from 10:15 to 10:30.

In Japan's, it's replaced with the smoke ring scene, which is in this video at 2:14.
    Whenever the Jeeps are running at the lowest interval, the air currents through the tunnel stop the smoke from forming. If you listen, you can even hear and feel the jeep lurch as it "hits" the tree branch. Unfortunately, you can't tell what your hitting.

That smoke ring scene is awesome! I'd love to see that brought over during the refurb (if the refurb info is accurate, which i hope it is).

• Dive ..... Dive.....

It's truly sad to see how much more modern and amazing Japan's version is. From what I gather, they also put a lot more time and money into maintaining the effects and ride system.

That can be said of all of Tokyo Disneyland Resort... That said, I'd still take our Indiana Jones over any attraction at Walt Disney World. As someone who doesn't frequent the Disneyland Resort, it's still a technological marvel to me.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• Ewok

the only thing i dont like about the japanese indy is that its based off the movie and i didnt enjoy the movie but the smoke ring would be a nice effect... i honestly just thought i was going through a patch of cob webs when going through the smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy Poofs View Post
    Where in the ceiling did the ice originally come out? I always try to look up at the ceiling for a hole or where rocks would fall but have never found it. Or did they cover it up after it stopped working?
    After the first AA Indy you see, you make a left turn and get a view of the main track including the bridge. The machine is located at the corner where you make the next left into the room with Bones. Last time I checked, it should still be visible in the ceiling.

It's located around the 1:24 mark in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by numberfour View Post
    the only thing i dont like about the japanese indy is that its based off the movie and i didnt enjoy the movie
    It's not based on the movie. The ride in Tokyo opened 7 years before the movie.

• The Pumpkin King

The smoke ring effect would be nice, yes. But the problem is the elements.

The ride has elements from the movies incorperated into the ride to fit the story line.

I.e. Bugs, Snakes, Boulder, Bridge, Rats, Traps, etc....

The smoke ring has nothing to do with the movies (From what I can Remember). It would be odd just seeing some random thing being there.

Thats what I love about IJA. Im a fan of the movies first of all, the ride takes you into an Adventure with Indy. The elements from the movies fit perfectly with the rides story as those being death traps in the Gates of Doom.

The problem that I see is not the rat scene itself. Its the way how its presented. the effect is really dated and you hear more rats than you see. They need a much more better way to show theres rats in there with of course a better effect.

How about instead of only one projection in that whole entire room. They have multiple projections (Up to date ones as a matter of fact) starting right where you stall and you can see the rats crawling everywhere. I always thought it would be a cool effect (If they can put it in the seats) of being able to feel as if theres rats crawling behind your back, on your feet and around your butt. (Like in Honey I shrunk the Audience)

So not only are you seeing them, but feeling them also.

With all the major refurbs like Splash last year, and Matterhorn this year, I hope that this attraction is the next on the list. It's sad to see it being so neglected.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by numberfour View Post
    the only thing i dont like about the japanese indy is that its based off the movie and i didnt enjoy the movie but the smoke ring would be a nice effect... i honestly just thought i was going through a patch of cob webs when going through the smoke.

I'm not too sure. The Japanese Indy attraction came WAAAAAAY before the horrible movie did. It may have been George's insistence but I think the similarities end with the title.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Light up the HALO!

Does anyone have pictures or video of the Ice effect working in the attraction?
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: Big new about indiana jones!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Whenever they are running the max number of jeeps, the doors remain open.

Question 1: Do/did those doors ever close and open?
    Question 2: If so, did they ever do that when the max number of jeeps were running?

I can't wait to see what they announce and hope it is all true.
    Doors have been broken since about August/Sept 2010... before they worked off and on, they kept breaking and then being repaired. I remember riding lots in fall 2007 and got so excited whenever they were fixed again.

It has nothing to do with the number of jeeps. A maintenance guy told me last year when I asked about it that they were waiting on a major part to be brought in or made. I presume it is an expensive as well as time consuming fix if the doors haven't been working for so long, so something big and permanent must've worn out.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    The smoke ring effect would be nice, yes. But the problem is the elements.

The ride has elements from the movies incorperated into the ride to fit the story line.

I.e. Bugs, Snakes, Boulder, Bridge, Rats, Traps, etc....

The smoke ring has nothing to do with the movies (From what I can Remember). It would be odd just seeing some random thing being there.

Thats what I love about IJA. Im a fan of the movies first of all, the ride takes you into an Adventure with Indy. The elements from the movies fit perfectly with the rides story as those being death traps in the Gates of Doom.

The problem that I see is not the rat scene itself. Its the way how its presented. the effect is really dated and you hear more rats than you see. They need a much more better way to show theres rats in there with of course a better effect.

How about instead of only one projection in that whole entire room. They have multiple projections (Up to date ones as a matter of fact) starting right where you stall and you can see the rats crawling everywhere. I always thought it would be a cool effect (If they can put it in the seats) of being able to feel as if theres rats crawling behind your back, on your feet and around your butt. (Like in Honey I shrunk the Audience)

So not only are you seeing them, but feeling them also.
    I LOVE your idea! Just place the same effects into the seats and have them switch on when the vehicle gets to that sequence. It really would enhance that scene. That whole area needs a rework. A bunch of black walls and a horrible rat projection effect that doesn't work half the time. I would add the effect you talked about but also add more rock texture on the walls and maybe some rat animatronics and a new rat projection onto a physical screen (or branch) above the car. That is IMO the most jarringly bad effect of the entire ride. Every other section of the ride flows together well but then you get to that section it sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast