View Poll Results: Are you happy or do you care less?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excited about refurb

109 75.17%
  • Somewhat Excited

28 19.31%
  • Not excited

7 4.83%
  • Not Necessary

1 0.69%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Big news about indiana jones!!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    No but get a budget that would be able to.....reuse the interior but make it a new ride....Im sure Disney has many ways to us the same track but make the whole ride feel "new" then we could kinda get BIG E ticket type attraction for Next Summer....since I don't think Disney has any plans right now to give us ANY new rides at Disneyland until at least 2 years after Carsland
    But there's no reason to gut out an already great ride and change it.Yes,Star tours was good before the redo, but it was fairly simple compared to doing the same thing to Ija as your sudgesting.Plus ,star tours is a simulator so its going to get old at some time.The film was grainy and dated.Ija on the other hand is a actual physical ride and won't get dated the way Star Tours did.All Ija needs is a few updates and new additions and it will be fine.The Imagineers did have a concept when developing Ija to have two rides,the existing Emv and a mine train ride themed to the mine chase in One of the movies(i forgot the movie) they would both be held in the same ride building and would run at the same time, if thats what your looking for

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^like I said through the ride could get some VERY much better set pieces that lets be honest are needed...the Rat Room and Bug room to me are jokes...Dark rooms with a small project WHOOO!!!!...I mean come on there has to be cooler things to do then that...and the Snake needs to go for a more realistic one (maybe add a few more smaller snakes too)...and the Dart room needs to have Statues that Blow the air at you...its these little things that Hold Indy back from being as amazing as Pirates of HM in terms of set design and realism

• Insomniac

^^That mine train is what HKDL got. Not that there is room for it now. Unless they were planning originally to have it be the biggest show building in Disney's history, I don't see how they would have been able to fit both rides in the same show building. Although if they could somehow expand Adventureland again (we have thought there was no room before), I would be very happy! But back on subject Indi doesn't need to have a major change just a minor update like the Matterhorn is getting.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

^like I said through the ride could get some VERY much better set pieces that lets be honest are needed...the Rat Room and Bug room to me are jokes...Dark rooms with a small project WHOOO!!!!...I mean come on there has to be cooler things to do then that...and the Snake needs to go for a more realistic one (maybe add a few more smaller snakes too)...and the Dart room needs to have Statues that Blow the air at you...its these little things that Hold Indy back from being as amazing as Pirates of HM in terms of set design and realism
    Well if that's what you ment i completly agree,but those are just upgrades and addition.Ththe set design in ija is already good (except the ones you listed) which is why some people consider it better that Dinosaur in DAK.Im with you on all of these,expecially the rat room and the snake room, i just dont think the ride needs a whole new story line like you said in your previous post.

• Sock Puppet

Yeah the painted skeletons that shoot "darts" at you aswell as the bug projections really should be updated. Cos they look real cheap and somewhat diminish the heavy theming. Just to fix that would cost pennies you'd think. Replace the painted skeletons with statues that pop up like the gravestones in HM and youre done. Not that hard Disney!!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Well if that's what you ment i completly agree,but those are just upgrades and addition.Ththe set design in ija is already good (except the ones you listed) which is why some people consider it better that Dinosaur in DAK.Im with you on all of these,expecially the rat room and the snake room, i just dont think the ride needs a whole new story line like you said in your previous post.
    I mean like I said before the story really is second to to the adventure.......so really I just want a BIG..and I mean BIG update kinda like what they are doing with the Matterhorn right now...but I know they wont every give us what we really want and keep all the weak parts of the ride.

Also anyone but me think they need to have an Indy at some part in the middle of the ride? We see him 3 times but two of the times are at the end in about ten seconds from each other (if that) it would be kinda cool to see him fighting a guy...or swing over fire somewhere in the ride...there are plenty or place to put him in (don't think he should be in every room or anything but one more would not hurt)

• Pilot EdForceOne

I mean like I said before the story really is second to to the adventure.......so really I just want a BIG..and I mean BIG update kinda like what they are doing with the Matterhorn right now...but I know they wont every give us what we really want and keep all the weak parts of the ride.
    Curious what you mean here... you are talking about plussing the ride so weaker elements are replaced with better ones.. and then you reference the matterhorn refurb. The matterhorn isn't getting any of that. It's getting repainted, freshened up staging, and lawyer-friendly loading gates and trains. Effect wise its going to be the same as before, just freshened up.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

As long as they dont come out with a Shia Lebeouf AA, I'll be happy.
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I would love for the Bug Room to be fixed. I'm not particularly a fan of the projected effect. I would rather the walls be literally covered with actual bugs that slither around on the wall. I think it would create a more "eeeew" reaction from people.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

For occasional riders, that projected effect is extremely effective though. I was even on the attraction once when the air jets actually worked on someone too (those are a stretch in my opinion). The fact that all you see are shadows implies that the bugs are on the jeep itself. I think that that could stay.

If bugs crawl on me in the jeep though like HISTA, I would lose it.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I would love for the Bug Room to be fixed. I'm not particularly a fan of the projected effect. I would rather the walls be literally covered with actual bugs that slither around on the wall. I think it would create a more "eeeew" reaction from people.
    Doesn't the Mummy have a similar bugs effect that is alot more convincing?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    On the mummy little drops of water sprinkle on to guests along with a projection of beetles crawling out of a whole in the wall and surrounding the room. To me it's not entirely convincing but I've seen a lot of people squirm

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I think the added effect of water sprinkles to make it seem like the bugs are jumping on you would be effective just like on the mummy.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by micky90 View Post
    I think the added effect of water sprinkles to make it seem like the bugs are jumping on you would be effective just like on the mummy.
    Don't they use the effect of the bugs crawling on your legs too?
    I don't remember the bugs on IJA doing that, but I could be wrong.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^They didn't ever do that on Indy. There are just four blasts of air from outside the jeep to simulate bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by gta View Post
    Yeah the painted skeletons that shoot "darts" at you aswell as the bug projections really should be updated. Cos they look real cheap and somewhat diminish the heavy theming. Just to fix that would cost pennies you'd think. Replace the painted skeletons with statues that pop up like the gravestones in HM and youre done. Not that hard Disney!!
    The issue on Indy is room.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast