View Poll Results: Are you happy or do you care less?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excited about refurb

109 75.17%
  • Somewhat Excited

28 19.31%
  • Not excited

7 4.83%
  • Not Necessary

1 0.69%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Re: Big news about indiana jones!!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Doesn't the Mummy have a similar bugs effect that is alot more convincing?
    Yeah, I think it's not so much more convincing, as it's also just a projection, but it's more effective in scaring people because of the manner in which the bugs move, as well as the fact that many people have seen what the bugs in the Mummy movies can do (ironically, one of the weak aspects of this ride is that it seems so different from the movies in other respects, although it is pretty creepy regardless).

I don't recall any water being sprinkled on me, but maybe the effect wasn't working that day. This would seem to help the overall effect, although even better would be a combination of the crawling mice effect from HISTA (which uses air jets, I'm guessing) and the guest-molesting crawling-bugs-under-the-seat effect from ITTBAB. I think that these two recycled effects plus an improved bug projection (or something even better) on Indy would drive riders crazy!

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I remember there used to be more fire effects around the rope bridge. Whatever they do will be great. This is one of my must-see rides every time we visit! Maybe by then I will be able to spot Bones! I know - kinda - where to look but haven't been able to spot him.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

They should just update and enhance some of the effects. They would never redo the entire ride when it is already such a hit. I do like the idea of real statues (maybe more like frescos) in the dart room.

• Infinitized!

This is how it's going to be...

...Mara nukes ol' King Cool.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^Awesome

I would love to see the falling ceiling effect brought back......AND (surprised nobody else mentioned this) turn the fans back on in the room with Bones! I miss how it used to be, with strong winds whipping around, and the skeletons flying about!

Fix the pole gag in the line. Make the roof fall more than the scant 1/4 inch it does now. That area used to REALLY freak people out, and now it is just a shadow of its former self.

• Ewok

the japanese version is the movie concept. Crystal Skull has been in the works with a concept since the last movie came out. the didnt really start to fully push the movie until after the ride came out.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    This is how it's going to be...

...Mara nukes ol' King Cool.
    I hear they planned this falling effect, but the machine broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I hear they planned this falling effect, but the machine broke.
    You know, repurposing the broken ice machine as a movie tie-in would show how Disney cares about the environment. If one of the Indy animatronics needs to be replaced, they could throw it in there and leave the door open for guests to see what really happened.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Disney's Environmentality.

Must say that if this is true then yes it would be awesome

I really hope this is true. A rehab is long overdue for Indy.

Although it's not a 6 month overhaul, I'm glad to see they're attempting to fix some effects (if true), what I do hope is that they change the FP enterance more inside the temple. It's not the same when you just zoom right through the entire queue considering it's one of the best in the entire resort. That would require a huge undertaking but I doubt they would do it during the refurb.

If I recall they updated the Indy AA's a year ago(?), so they would really have to update the effects that aren't currently not working and the EMV's. I've seen a few posters mention how they'd like the dart room to be a little more detailed with carvings just like the Indy attraction in DisneySea. That would also me a minor improvement that would make difference. Can't wait to see that they do.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I still wish that they would staff one more CM and offer "Walking Tours" of the indoor portion of the queue (at a slower pace). That would be awesome.

• A Weather Eye Open

I like the idea of molded, 3D skeleton carvings in the darts section. I think that since there are lots of other skeletons in the temple that look like real skeletons, these should look more like crazy huge stone carvings and paintings in the walls, not just paint.

Quote Originally Posted by logicspeaks View Post
    Anybody know why there is what seems to be a maintenance door on the left side in the dart room, right before the boulder scene, that is ALWAYS open now? When I first got my AP in 2010 it was never open but shortly after that I noticed it open and it has never been closed since. I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyhalderman View Post
    I know exactly what your talking about however I have no clue why it remains open... it looks ugly
    It's not an open door... this has been discussed and photographed previously on this board. Turns out that is how the wall is actually built. To the left of that slanted portion is an emergency exit door which, if I recall from my old friend Datameister when he was building his 3D computer model of the whole park, including ride tracks and backstage areas, leads directly to the outside of the show building! (oh Data, I miss being able to ask you exactly how any ride is laid out, haha). To "disguise" the wall slant the upper portion is more perpendicular and has the heads of the skeletons, while the back slanted portion has the bodies. It's not very well disguised and probably would have looked fine if it was all just slanted the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    ......AND (surprised nobody else mentioned this) turn the fans back on in the room with Bones! I miss how it used to be, with strong winds whipping around, and the skeletons flying about!

Fix the pole gag in the line. Make the roof fall more than the scant 1/4 inch it does now. That area used to REALLY freak people out, and now it is just a shadow of its former self.
    Maybe no one mentioned it because every time I ride they are on? It might be one that just sometimes doesn't work but I didn't realize it was a problem. Just like every time I ride the rat projection is on and clearly visible. I didn't realize that was such a problem either. It must be purely my good luck and timing while others have bad luck and timing. You think it can't be luck if it's every time, but I once rode weekly for about 4 months and got the visions of the future EVERY ride... my boyfriend and I were so bummed that we never got another door and we cheered at the top of our lungs the day the streak was broken and we went to the fountain of youth...

and GUYS the pole keeps getting fixed over and over but I KEEP SEEING THE PEOPLE IN LINE BREAKING IT! It takes like 60 seconds to fully reset after it is pulled. If someone else pulled it and you heard the sound or saw it move, don't try to pull it! If the pole is in a curved or bent position, don't try to pull it!
    It does take some weight behind it. In fact, I have to pull it quickly with my whole body weight. BUT if you do this while it is still resetting, it will BREAK! It must be fully reset for you to pull it!
    If it looks like it did in that video on page 4, like when that guy tried to pull it, it definitely is not reset. Please stop breaking it, guys!!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast