View Poll Results: Are you happy or do you care less?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excited about refurb

109 75.17%
  • Somewhat Excited

28 19.31%
  • Not excited

7 4.83%
  • Not Necessary

1 0.69%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Semi Back

Re: Big news about indiana jones!!

Well the ice machine wasnt stainless steel and the reason it hasnt been replaced (from what ive heard) is that they would have to remove sections of the roof to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeYerColors View Post
    I like the idea of molded, 3D skeleton carvings in the darts section. I think that since there are lots of other skeletons in the temple that look like real skeletons, these should look more like crazy huge stone carvings and paintings in the walls, not just paint.

It's not an open door... this has been discussed and photographed previously on this board. Turns out that is how the wall is actually built. To the left of that slanted portion is an emergency exit door which, if I recall from my old friend Datameister when he was building his 3D computer model of the whole park, including ride tracks and backstage areas, leads directly to the outside of the show building! (oh Data, I miss being able to ask you exactly how any ride is laid out, haha). To "disguise" the wall slant the upper portion is more perpendicular and has the heads of the skeletons, while the back slanted portion has the bodies. It's not very well disguised and probably would have looked fine if it was all just slanted the same.

Maybe no one mentioned it because every time I ride they are on? It might be one that just sometimes doesn't work but I didn't realize it was a problem. Just like every time I ride the rat projection is on and clearly visible. I didn't realize that was such a problem either. It must be purely my good luck and timing while others have bad luck and timing. You think it can't be luck if it's every time, but I once rode weekly for about 4 months and got the visions of the future EVERY ride... my boyfriend and I were so bummed that we never got another door and we cheered at the top of our lungs the day the streak was broken and we went to the fountain of youth...

and GUYS the pole keeps getting fixed over and over but I KEEP SEEING THE PEOPLE IN LINE BREAKING IT! It takes like 60 seconds to fully reset after it is pulled. If someone else pulled it and you heard the sound or saw it move, don't try to pull it! If the pole is in a curved or bent position, don't try to pull it!
    It does take some weight behind it. In fact, I have to pull it quickly with my whole body weight. BUT if you do this while it is still resetting, it will BREAK! It must be fully reset for you to pull it!
    If it looks like it did in that video on page 4, like when that guy tried to pull it, it definitely is not reset. Please stop breaking it, guys!!
    I caught this late, but the fans (back in the earlier days) were MUCH MUCH more powerful, and the effect seems very diminished now. There used to be (if I remember right) skeletons swinging around, as if caught in a tornado that I haven't seen in years.

The ceiling where the pole is used to drop further too. I am guessing someone got hurt somehow or too many complaints lessened that effect.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    I caught this late, but the fans (back in the earlier days) were MUCH MUCH more powerful, and the effect seems very diminished now. There used to be (if I remember right) skeletons swinging around, as if caught in a tornado that I haven't seen in years.

The ceiling where the pole is used to drop further too. I am guessing someone got hurt somehow or too many complaints lessened that effect.
    People drop a lot of paper and water bottles on the ride, I always notice them in that room due to the black lights. A reduction in the fan power could be to stop things blowing into the track slot or the path of the wheels. I know that a few years back, they used to have a lot of stops due to the hydraulic fluid, and Al in his article mentioned that water bottles dropped by guests also cause them if they get in the wheel path, explode, and leave liquid for the wheels to slip on or have liquid get into the track. They may have had a problem with too many things moving on the ground in that room?

I fully believe you about the spike ceiling; it always looks like it was meant to come down a little further but I have seen people genuinely afraid of it when I pull it, haha.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxQfQh7hskg

The effects in this video between 8:50 - 9:22, is it video editing, or were these explosions actually in the ride?
    I also really like the effects at 9:44 in the video.

You're asking if flames really exploded in the seats that held passengers? I sort of don't think so.

I do love those videos, though!
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• Nerd

There are some "dark halls" or tunnels on that ride that have absolutely NOTHING happening. These would be some areas to ADD to the attraction.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Maybe they'll do something about the ice machine. I never had a chance to see it in action before they turned it off
    The ice machine was in the main lava pit/bridge room. When the car was on the bridge, Mara would shoot a laser beam at the ceiling and chuck of ice (which in the lighting looked like chunks of rock) would fall into the pit. Unfortunately, Disney didn't buy a stainless-steel ice machine, and within a year it had rusted to the point of inoperability. In addition, due to how much support the heavy piece of machinery needed, replacement of the ice machine would require the removal of part of the ceiling. While I would love to see this effect reinstated, I highly doubt that it will, due to the expense, time, and manpower required.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789