Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16

    • Member of Baxter's Army
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    "this park will be a testament to what we at Disney Parks do best "
    Really, Bob?

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Palatine, Illinois
    Posts
    403

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Another article with a video attached. Great stuff! OMG!!!! The Red Car *faints* haha
    Totally agree!!! Can't wait for BVS!

    ---------- Post added 03-07-2012 at 04:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    Al Lutz was proven right once again! Cool!
    I really have to say, did ANYONE think this when they read this story? Or did everyone think about how cool DCA will be?
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

  3. #18

    • in the Golden Afternoon
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,594

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    YES! It's going to be so great!

    I don't want to start a new thread and be annoying but do you guys think it will be better to go before the 15th and hope for AP previews to avoid the crowds or go once Carsland is open when there will be a TON of people, but definitely be able to get on the new stuff? I've been trying to decide for weeks, but I don't know if going beforehand is worth it if I miss the previews...



  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Bay Area
    Posts
    504

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    Ahh! Im so excited! That video was amazing! you can really tell how much the red car trolly is going to add to the environment, it was so great looking and cool to see it actually going to the street! Also the RSR footage was such a tease... but I'm really glad that they are not spoiling the interior sets and hope it stays that way.

  5. #20

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Palatine, Illinois
    Posts
    403

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    Quote Originally Posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
    YES! It's going to be so great!

    I don't want to start a new thread and be annoying but do you guys think it will be better to go before the 15th and hope for AP previews to avoid the crowds or go once Carsland is open when there will be a TON of people, but definitely be able to get on the new stuff? I've been trying to decide for weeks, but I don't know if going beforehand is worth it if I miss the previews...
    Personally, and this is just me, no inside info from Disney, but I would imagine that previews (AP or otherwise) would be quite limited as, from everything I've read, time has always been an issue on this project. Of course, if the weather suddenely turns horrible for a long stretch, that could add delays to its completion. I would give it more time and keep your ear to the ground.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    107

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    How do AP previews work? Are they generally busy if they are only for a limited amount of AP holders?
    Was there an AP preview for TLM? All I remember was when it opened there was a crazy 2 hour wait. I feel like RSR will be a 4 hour wait when it opens..

  7. #22

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,254

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    DCA is going to be a great place to be this summer. Carsland, WoC, Carthay Circle Theatre, Mad T Party, etc. That said, I'm staying far away from that place for as long as we can. We're planning our summer trip for the very end of summer. Will still probably be quite the madhouse, but hopefully that initial rush will have died down by then. I know it had for WoC.

  8. #23

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    341

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    Should that article be attributed to Tom Staggs or did I miss that. Obviously, if you follow the link...

  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Corona
    Posts
    417

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    All of the models and preview posters showed Cantenary lines for the Red cars, but in the video the Red Car was traveling under it's own power.
    Is it Battery powered?
    I really hope that they don't have to put the power lines in.
    I think that they will interfere with some of the site lines if they do put them in.
    Is there a Red Car thread?

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    483

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    Quote Originally Posted by TodAZ1 View Post
    Personally, and this is just me, no inside info from Disney, but I would imagine that previews (AP or otherwise) would be quite limited as, from everything I've read, time has always been an issue on this project. Of course, if the weather suddenely turns horrible for a long stretch, that could add delays to its completion. I would give it more time and keep your ear to the ground.
    Why confirm a firm date in early March if it's that close? They must have plenty of headroom, I'd think.

    When's the last time a whole land opened? Not sure we have much recently to base an opinion on, but Disney does seem to want to have dress rehearsals on their new rides with AP previews. Something tells me they wouldn't open these 3 rides without doing so. The question is will they allow AP people to preview during unannounced, AP-only soft openings or will they have contests a la Star Tours?

  11. #26

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,640

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    Why confirm a firm date in early March if it's that close? They must have plenty of headroom, I'd think.
    Plenty of headroom. Unless we have a month straight of freak storms, BVS and Carsland will open on time. Everything I'm hearing is that Disney wants do AP previews for Carsland from early to mid June.

  12. #27

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    160

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Plenty of headroom. Unless we have a month straight of freak storms, BVS and Carsland will open on time. Everything I'm hearing is that Disney wants do AP previews for Carsland from early to mid June.
    Plenty of headroom for the BVS shop interiors? And why did they only talk about testing the tires and RSR but not Mator's?

  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Bay Area
    Posts
    504

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    Quote Originally Posted by micky90 View Post
    How do AP previews work? Are they generally busy if they are only for a limited amount of AP holders?
    Was there an AP preview for TLM? All I remember was when it opened there was a crazy 2 hour wait. I feel like RSR will be a 4 hour wait when it opens..
    Yes there were previews. If it works the same as it did for Star Tours and TLM last summer the parks blog will announce a contest that AP holders can enter and then a random drawing will take place and if you are selected you will be granted access to the preview at a specified date/time. However this could be very different because it is a whole land and not just a single attraction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
    All of the models and preview posters showed Cantenary lines for the Red cars, but in the video the Red Car was traveling under it's own power.
    Is it Battery powered?
    I really hope that they don't have to put the power lines in.
    I think that they will interfere with some of the site lines if they do put them in.
    Is there a Red Car thread?
    The trolly does indeed run off its own power but the power lines are going in to make the red car trolley historically accurate to the time period of BVS. When the actual red car trolley that this is based off of ran in Los Angeles it had those lines to power it and so they will be present to create authenticity.

  14. #29

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,230
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

    I'll be there too early to experience the opening. However, there's a whole lot of new stuff that I haven't seen since my last visit. I will come and enjoy what's there, and then I'll travel back home, and read about the official opening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Can't wait for the opening of Buena Vista Street!!
    By WorldDisney in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 09:29 AM
  2. Fluffy Club Meet June 15th
    By Snow_White_Raven in forum Contests, Meets and Events
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 07:21 AM
  3. DL Single Riders meet again! June 15th
    By butterflylark in forum Contests, Meets and Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 01:44 AM
  4. It is Official Space Mountain is Opening July 15th!!!
    By Disneyfreak in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 06:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •