Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

Yesterday, Disney President and CEO Bob Iger and I stepped behind the construction walls at Disney California Adventure park for a hard-hat tour of Buena Vista Street and Cars Land, two of the most significant elements that will cap off our multi-year expansion of the park. Led by the extraordinary team of Imagineers working on this project, Bob and I were completely blown away by the level of artistry, creativity and attention to detail of the work done so far and can’t wait for all of our Disneyland Resort guests to finally experience it firsthand.
    Our day started on Buena Vista Street where we rode the iconic Red Car Trolley, explored the storefronts that line the street and then continued on to the Carthay Circle Theatre, the new icon of Disney California Adventure park. This new entrance to the park will transport guests to a romantic, idealized version of 1920s Hollywood when Walt and Roy Disney first arrived in California to begin their careers as filmmakers. Buena Vista Street will be the perfect place for guests to shop and eat, watch the parade, or just sit and soak up the atmosphere.
    Then we headed to Cars Land, and when we got to the entrance of this all-new, 12-acre land, Bob and I both stopped to simply take in the stunning view before us. From the majesty of the Ornament Valley Mountain Range in the distance to the craftsmanship of each of the buildings in Radiator Springs, Cars Land is going to be a truly spectacular addition to the park.

We wandered down Route 66 looking at all of the familiar hot spots from the films that are just about complete – Ramone’s House of Body Art, Flo’s V8 Café, the Cozy Cone Motel and Luigi’s Casa della Tires, just to name a few. We ended the tour with a test ride on two of the new attractions in Cars Land, Luigi’s Flying Tires and Radiator Springs Racers, which are both going to be huge hits with our guests.

As we approach the finish line of our expansion of Disney California Adventure park, I am extremely proud of the passion, creativity and innovation that have gone into this entire project over the last several years. When we’re done, this park will be a testament to what we at Disney Parks do best – connect our guests to the iconic stories, characters and music they love…making memories that will last a lifetime.
    And now for some big news – I’m pleased to officially announce that the grand opening of Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle Theatre will take place on June 15, 2012! Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more details.
    Great article with great pictures on the Disney Parks Blog.

Taking a Tour of Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle Theatre – Opening June 15 at Disney California Adventure Park « Disney Parks Blog

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

Al Lutz was proven right once again! Cool!

Re: It's Official...June 15th, 2012 Opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

First of all, he looks underwhelmed.

Secondly, I guess I'm going to have to book my hotel for the 15th sooner than I expected.

Yep just got my email from work. Now of course i have two days off hopefully the BUZZ for coming down to DL isn't over by the time i return to work lol

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by logicspeaks View Post
    First of all, he looks underwhelmed.

Secondly, I guess I'm going to have to book my hotel for the 15th sooner than I expected.
    Meh who cares what he thinking......I can't wait to go...but hell if im going when it opens (on my Birthday) the crowds will not be worth it...I'll just wait a week or two and get there when it opens

a few weeks it still will be crazy lol. This is why they open things in the summer, larger crowds more money

• Fireworks Finatic!

And DCA will be closed on June 14 for the Media.. So they are going the same route as when they started Disneyland's 50th Anniversary..

• Banned User

I'm super excited but I'm definitely not going to make an attempt for anything other than the media preview. This summer is gonna be a MESS.

Another article with a video attached. Great stuff! OMG!!!! The Red Car *faints* haha
    This afternoon, Tom Staggs, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, announced that the five-year expansion of Disney California Adventure park will be complete on June 15 with the opening of Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle Theatre!
    The Happiest Place on Earth will get even happier with four new attractions – Radiator Springs Racers, Luigi’s Flying Tires, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree and the Red Car Trolley – as well as new dining and shopping locations such as Flo’s V8 Café, Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream, Elias & Co. and Los Feliz Five & Dime. Disney California Adventure park will offer guests even more new experiences in addition to the attractions that have been added since the expansion began in 2007.
    To accommodate a media preview and make final preparations for the opening, Disney California Adventure park will be closed for one day on June 14. Disneyland park, Downtown Disney District and the Disneyland Resort hotels will remain open for our guests on that day.
    Take a look back at all the additions to Disney California Adventure park and a look ahead at all the new things to come this summer:

So get your engines revving and we’ll see you there on June 15!
    The Happiest Place on Earth is About to Get Happier When Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle Theatre Open at Disney California Adventure Park « Disney Parks Blog

Any thoughts on soft openings? We'll just miss the official opening by a couple of week and am wondering if we might get a bit of a sneak peak.
    "Yes, I'm a natural blue"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Looks amazing! I'm officially excited about CarsLand!

The Carthay fountain is gorgeous! https://twitter.com/#!/DLthings/stat...013057/photo/1

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    a few weeks it still will be crazy lol. This is why they open things in the summer, larger crowds more money
    I have NO plans on going on the smaller rides in Carsland...but the Racers have FP so it wont be THAT bad for people smart enough to use FP

I remember stumbling upon a rumor that AP previews are the weekend before the grand opening. Can anyone confirm this?

From the article:
    and then continued on to the Carthay Circle Theatre, the new icon of Disney California Adventure park.
    If, as Mr. Staggs states, the Carthay replaces Grizzly Mountain as the icon of DCA, I have just one thing to say...............YIPPEE!!!
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast