Whats inside of Grizzly Peak?

Anyone been inside it? Saw this posted in Wikipedia...
    It was recently considered to use the mountain as a possible location for a new Country Bear Jamboree theatre and a gold rush themed mining train adventure, although the mountain's infastructure did not allow for this to be feasible.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: Whats inside of Grizzly Peak?

I've wondered the same myself. I have a timelapse video of it being built somewhere. Don't remember if it's a solid structure (I doubt it) or if it's primarily hollow. I imagine something can be in there... I think... but sheesh, I really don't know haha

• MaliBOOMer

The ride cuts through sections of it. It would be hard to fit something else in there i imagine.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

o man a new country bear or mine ride would be awesome. they could make it work!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep
    moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and
    curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I remember reading that it's just filled with dirt. I don't know though. lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

good question, i have no idea but it would have been so cool if they put CBJ or a mine ride in there. Hopefully disney could pull it off in the future

Grizzly River Rapids goes through it, or are you talking about something else?

• Parmageddon Jim

So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

in line for california screaming sometime in february, i was talking to a gentleman who told me worked for the construction company for DCA 1.0 as a dirt hauler. He said that while being built, the framing for the peak looked more like how you build an office building, with levels, and then the rock work was laid on the outside. so i am pretty sure it is hollow, tho he reckoned there might be some secret offices or rooms by the way it was built. He was a funny man, though i highly doubt there is anything in it.

• Under that tree again!

Consider that most of its height is the Grizzly and that doesn't contain much volume. Most of it's girth is the sprawling flume. There is a space under the flume on the north east part that could fit something inside it. Not an E ticket like HM or IJ, but maybe a Fantasyland dark ride. I would guess it's full of framing and no void exists.

You can see some of it being built in this video, but mostly GRR from a view looking east. GRR is featured at about 1:45.

• No Disassemble!

Maybe another basketball court?

• keh!

besides the steel, rebar, and concrete, it's pretty hollow on the inside. i've taken a tour inside the mountain. it's quite a high ceiling, just space and a few stairwells. but it doesn't look big enough for a theater, at least from what i remember. i went inside the mountain back in 2008. apparently our tour guide (an imagineer) told us that the concrete is so strong that you can take the steel away and the mountain could hold itself up.

• Zephyr Pilot

It's hollow inside, pretty much what flickering bulb described. There is one room inside the mountain that I'd guess is 20 by 15 feet big. We don't know what it's used for other than being creepy to go through during opening procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by MochaCat View Post
    in line for california screaming sometime in february, i was talking to a gentleman who told me worked for the construction company for DCA 1.0 as a dirt hauler. He said that while being built, the framing for the peak looked more like how you build an office building, with levels, and then the rock work was laid on the outside. so i am pretty sure it is hollow, tho he reckoned there might be some secret offices or rooms by the way it was built.
    It's not unlike the non-ride portion of the Matterhorn, then, which makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Or the other half of the one in the Matterhorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    i went inside the mountain back in 2008. apparently our tour guide (an imagineer) told us that the concrete is so strong that you can take the steel away and the mountain could hold itself up.
    I'm sure that the concrete rockwork could hold itself up without the steel frame and rebar (or mesh or whatever internal reinforcement is used), although I doubt that it could stand up to a decent earthquake.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post

LOL I was going to say that I hear there's a basketball court in there, up high near the mouth