Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Darth Vader Lawsuit

I haven't seen this posted anywhere so I thought I'd put it here:

Disneyland and AIDS Charity Sued for Darth Vader Swinging at Angry Bird But Hitting Lady - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Ridiculous lawsuits are nothing new for Disney, but she's suing the charity as well.

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: Darth Vader Lawsuit

strange... if she admits that he was aiming at a bird and not her, doesn't that mean she's admitting it was a faultless accident? shooing a bird is not a strange thing to do and the Vader couldn't have expect it would hurt anyone.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeYerColors View Post
    strange... if she admits that he was aiming at a bird and not her, doesn't that mean she's admitting it was a faultless accident? shooing a bird is not a strange thing to do and the Vader couldn't have expect it would hurt anyone.
    It can still be a Disney liability even if it was admittedly unintentional.

• Timelord

I think it would have been funnier if Vader was trying to force choke the bird instead, and the woman sued saying he choked her instead, lol

Not sure what happened here. I would love to read the complaint. Definitely have a bad feeling about this, and I rarely say that about these cases.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Well he wasnt aiming at her it wasnt on purpose so i think theres no case. But really, if she was in so much pain why didnt she informed disneyland that moment it happened.

Lol, just because it's accidental doesn't mean there is no case. If someone accidentally rear ends your car while you are stopped at a red light, does that mean they or their insurance company don't have to pay for your damages? I mean, they didn't MEAN to rear end you.

But I do agree, it sounds like someone trying to use a minor mishap to dig into those Disney deep pockets. It seems pretty doubtful that swinging your arm to shoo a bird could cause "severe" back injuries.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
    But I do agree, it sounds like someone trying to use a minor mishap to dig into those Disney deep pockets.
    Dunno about that, the article doesn't say she's suing for "pain & suffering" or any of the other typical big-buck ripoffs... just for them to pay her $25K medical bill (these days you can rack up that much in no time). I'd want to see more info before calling this one a con.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Sock Puppet

I'm pretty sure that if someone hits you in the back, they have to be Arnold strong to cause major injuries. All I have to say is

I have a bad feeling about this

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I still am having trouble with how shooing a bird with his arm causes her so much damage. If she wins this, then she can sue for pain and suffering. Frankly, I think suing the charity is kind of a low blow and seems they included anyone they thought would pay up. As for the time, the lawyer might have waited until they performed all medical procedures to file. Which means they were really doing extensive procedures. Of course the named defendants have the right to have her examined, but Disney will probably just settle.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• the F.O.D. solution.

"A Disneyland employee dressed up as Darth Vader was standing next to plaintiff and attempted to 'shoo' a bird away by swinging his right arm," reads the lawsuit filed by Huntington Beach attorney Timothy Ryan on behalf of Lauren Ulrich. "Upon doing so, he hit plaintiff in the back, causing her severe injuries."

"Severe injuries" and "$25,000 in medical expenses" ??? ...and she's even suing the charity.

• ---------------

Not sure why the charity is being named in the lawsuit.
    Most charities don't have a lot of money (plus why do you want to hurt a organization where their main mission is to help others).
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 03-11-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Video Warrior

Doesn't suit visibility account for something in this?

I mean think about, the Hasbro toy helmet has almost no peripheral vision, imagine what a pro helmet has . . .

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Someone's fishing for Deep Pockets dollars, plain and simple. And you name everyone and take what you can get to settle out of court. Disney's been down this road thousands of times. The ones without any merit go away when Disney shows them they can drag it out forever and/or bury you in legal fees.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Parking Lot > DCA

Some things will just never change..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast